Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

These came in today.  Man James from scalefinishes is one awesome guy here's why? I ordered 2 Toyota Cavalry blue by mistake, and meant to get the Vintage violet pearl.  There was a $3 price difference, but i told him just keep the difference for good service (Past experience) - instead of him keeping that $3 he gave me the BL-1 at a discount for $2 which goes for $8 on his site, and replaced the 2nd bottle of Cavalry blue with the violet pearl like i asked.  Also got a 15% discount code off next order, and now if that isn't great service i don't know what is.  The Dodge Smoke show is for the charger R/T which after looking through the kit the quality and detail is really good, but there still room for improvement like how the gate attachments are one of the windshield wipers has 5 gate attachments on it which is non sense lol.  There are other gate attachments on the sprue that could be better, and the tires are lacking even though the tread pattern is nice they aren't branded like they are on the box. The kit is very nice though and loaded with parts for detail and 2 sets of rims and it gets a A- from me.  I recommend this kit to anyone that want's a sweet 21 dodge charger R/T on display fan or not.  

IMG_0970.thumb.jpg.7479b695d5b3635c6be98e94b83ce05a.jpg

• Like 3

Growing up, my dad only built one model......the Kyote.  There was a AMT Gremlin Funny Car and the Revell Austin but life got in the way and he never finished them.

This weekend at a swap meet I saw the holiest of grails to me.  The vendor was rethinking on some of the kits he had on the table and pulled some back....this being one of them.  Having never seen one still in the box, i asked to open it.  The seller thought it was mint, but it wasn't.....it's been started and it's missing pieces.  After rethinking it, the vendor let it go for $10.  (Thank you Rob!!!!)

The built model still exists, but missing a few pieces.  Dad passed six years ago from Dementia.....wish he was still around to see this.

thumbnail (9).jpeg

• Like 8

Got these in the mail yesterday from a trade. The guy I got them from received them from the estate of someone else so no real info. The Original builder did a great job on the work for the 37 Chevy pickup. Nice details. Can't wait to finish it. 

The 53 Chevy stubby will look good on the shelf next to my GTO I've had for a few years.

Later-

20230201_214246.jpg

20230201_214308.jpg

20230201_214318.jpg

20230201_213754.jpg

20230201_213743.jpg

20230201_154224.jpg

• Like 2

I'm pretty much reaching 'peak stash' with my latest arrivals:

IMG_3947.JPG.66ba06a7c868d569404d2fc7b0d49dc8.JPG

All from the same seller, the Mazda and Dodge were cheap and helped average out the cost to a sensible level when I decided to go for the Corvette America. I know that it's not the greatest kit, but it's one of the first few I built back in the early-mid '80s and I still have the remnants of the original in the parts box (I used the wire wheels on a recent project). It's only the second one I've seen come up for sale here in recent years and I had the pleasure of breaking open the seal. Hopefully I can do a decent job this time around....

Edited by Spottedlaurel
  • Like 2

On 2/1/2023 at 10:15 PM, HomerS said:

Growing up, my dad only built one model......the Kyote.  There was a AMT Gremlin Funny Car and the Revell Austin but life got in the way and he never finished them.

This weekend at a swap meet I saw the holiest of grails to me.  The vendor was rethinking on some of the kits he had on the table and pulled some back....this being one of them.  Having never seen one still in the box, i asked to open it.  The seller thought it was mint, but it wasn't.....it's been started and it's missing pieces.  After rethinking it, the vendor let it go for $10.  (Thank you Rob!!!!)

The built model still exists, but missing a few pieces.  Dad passed six years ago from Dementia.....wish he was still around to see this.

thumbnail (9).jpeg

Glad you got your graii!  Can you scratch the missing pieces?

Edited by slusher
Typo
  • Like 1

On 2/1/2023 at 11:48 AM, Rodent said:

Thanks Bill. No listed ingredients (proprietary) on the MSDS either. I am looking for something economical for the rare times I spray water-based acrylic, and this looks like it may do the trick.

It should work very well on water based paints. It is one of the two things I use, the other being 91% Iso alcohol (no, not mixed together). Solvent based...not so much.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, 64SS350 said:

Got this resin GT 40 X-1 Roadster conversion kit. It'll need lots of prep work to look good.

I built a resin transkit of X1 a couple of years ago though not this one.  Let me know if you need any reference photos.

21341534_Ford_GT40_GT110_X-1_20210325_151439(6).jpg.64db28ae703801e6ffbb54c031bf8f00.jpg

• Like 1