Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Got this to add to my still growing AB collection. Wold model N. Made between 1912 and 1918. Has a side cup and a bottom feed jar. Think I'll put black in one and white in the other and paint a checkerboard. I took it apart, cleaned and polished it.

woldN02.jpg

woldN00.jpg

wold03.jpg

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Joe Nunes said:

Now this is an interesting piece of airbrush history. Thank you for the photos and sharing this with us.  👌

Joe 

You are welcome Joe.  I know most members here don't give two hoots about it but there are a few here who appreciate these vintage brushes as I do. Although I have nothing against more modern brushes, I have a few, my main focus now is finding early ones. I love the history and the design concept of them.

The N was designed to not have paint in the body of the brush. The paint is only in the head. The brush is double action. A friend of mine has a number of the N models. He says it sprays as well as his Iwata HP-B. He is an artist not a modeler so his comparison means a lot to me. That said, this N may become my favorite and most used airbrush.

This is how the siphon jar is opened. There are two ears that hold the jar when given a half turn.

WoldNjar.jpg.09c1e7036d37bbbb56c4e65d1da2c078.jpg

The disassembled brush is a Wold model A-1 I am working on. Not as old as the N.

Edited by DPNM
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, DPNM said:

Got this to add to my still growing AB collection. Wold model N. Made between 1912 and 1918. Has a side cup and a bottom feed jar. Think I'll put black in one and white in the other and paint a checkerboard. I took it apart, cleaned and polished it.

woldN02.jpg

woldN00.jpg

wold03.jpg

That is a an awesome addition to your very historical collection. I'm reasonably good at disassembly and reassembly of modern airbrushes. I would be terrified to even think about taking something like that apart for fear of ruining a part.

• Like 1

Thank you for sharing the above post and photos.  I am not knowledgeable as to airbrush history and use.  I have a Badger Crescendo airbrush and haven't had the "courage" to use it yet. 😳🙄😆😁  I do, however, really enjoy reading about historical aspects of items from the early 20th century and find this airbrush design from the early 1900's to be quite fascinating. 

Joe

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Bill Eh? said:

That is a an awesome addition to your very historical collection. I'm reasonably good at disassembly and reassembly of modern airbrushes. I would be terrified to even think about taking something like that apart for fear of ruining a part.

I was quite nervous myself Bill. I didn't want to damage anything. My friend (he's also my mentor) gave me an idea how it disassembles. Fortunately it came apart easily. Since no paint enters the body I should not have to disassemble it again.

50 minutes ago, Joe Nunes said:

Thank you for sharing the above post and photos.  I am not knowledgeable as to airbrush history and use.  I have a Badger Crescendo airbrush and haven't had the "courage" to use it yet. 😳🙄😆😁  I do, however, really enjoy reading about historical aspects of items from the early 20th century and find this airbrush design from the early 1900's to be quite fascinating. 

Joe

I find this brush extremely fascinating myself Joe. To think it was designed and manufactured way back then boggles my mind. To work as well as I was told is incredible to me. I thought it would spray more like a Paasche F or H. 

You may as well start using your Crescendo. Practice is helpful. I have never owned one so I can't offer any advice. I believe they are similar to the Paasche VL which are very good airbrushes.

Edited by DPNM
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, crazyjim said:

What's the cost for a full kit?

Message me for more details. If possible reach out to me on Facebook messenger if you have it. It’s easier to keep track of things if all conversations are in one place. Just search for Andy Lesiak. Thanks. 

20230219_141714.thumb.jpg.0e30d3ac88dc7428c53451a4f01afb3d.jpgMy haul from the Salisbury NC swap yesterday . Had a really good day selling so went and spent part of sales $ on some kits.

original AMT 59 El Camino with broken but repairable roof & missing front bumper & taillight. May be up for trade once I figure out what to ask for in trade.

58 TBird promo body, slightly warped in the rear. Should be able to refit rear bumper. Bottom of interior cut out.

20230219_142454.jpg

20230219_142512.jpg

20230219_142548.jpg

Edited by VW93
added pic
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, av405 said:

Please advise if it has options for a stock height or just the lowered stance. 

It'll be awhile before i get back to the hobby room, but this was on the info page of the kit.  I'm not sure if it's just lowered option or they give both.

• Choice of factory-stock or custom wheels and tires.
• Highly detailed 5.3-liter Vortec V-8 engine and rear-drive chassis with custom dropped suspension.

2 hours ago, Dpate said:

It'll be awhile before i get back to the hobby room, but this was on the info page of the kit.  I'm not sure if it's just lowered option or they give both.

• Choice of factory-stock or custom wheels and tires.
• Highly detailed 5.3-liter Vortec V-8 engine and rear-drive chassis with custom dropped suspension.

Hmm, sounds like it'll only have the dropped suspension. Thank you.

10 hours ago, av405 said:

Hmm, sounds like it'll only have the dropped suspension. Thank you.

The only stock parts that were "restored" to the kit are the wheels and the rear bumper, otherwise it's the same kit as it ran in the last several reissues as a custom lowered SIlverado.

• Sad 1

20 hours ago, VW93 said:

20230219_141714.thumb.jpg.0e30d3ac88dc7428c53451a4f01afb3d.jpgMy haul from the Salisbury NC swap yesterday . Had a really good day selling so went and spent part of sales $ on some kits.

original AMT 59 El Camino with broken but repairable roof & missing front bumper & taillight. May be up for trade once I figure out what to ask for in trade.

58 TBird promo body, slightly warped in the rear. Should be able to refit rear bumper. Bottom of interior cut out.

20230219_142454.jpg

20230219_142512.jpg

20230219_142548.jpg

Nice!

47 minutes ago, keyser said:

Fujimi is much nicer than Heller to wrestle with. LM is great looking car. I’ve got a Drogo nose resin body for the 65 LM car for that chassis. But short nose still my fave. 

The Revell AG is a Fujimi reissue, albeit molded in white instead of red like the Fujimi (I now have both in my stash)

• Like 1