Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Yesterday I picked up a Tamiya 1966 Volkswagon Beetle 1300 kit for the Jairus Watson Challenge build. What a beautiful kit it is. After my stop at the LHS I went to Mike Flynn's --a fellow builder buddy's house and he gave me a few things. He gave me:

1. Rep & Min set of 4 into 1 megaphone headers, still in the package,

2. A set of photo etched pulley faces

3. A tub that included the cab and interior and various parts to the Chevy extended cab Snap Tite pick-up kit.

4. A police light bar

5. A headache rack

6. A ModelHaus resin Rollback Bed and resin dually wheels!!!!!!

What a friend!!

I'm looking forward to starting a rollback tow truck build soon. Maybe next after my Jairus Watson Challenge build.

Later-

What a friend!!

Later-

I wish I could find a friend like that!! A friend of mine has one of those I've been trying to get out of him for years, I've tried almost everything short of stealing it to get it out of him.

I wish I could find a friend like that!! A friend of mine has one of those I've been trying to get out of him for years, I've tried almost everything short of stealing it to get it out of him.

Is that something that Modelhaus no longer makes? I don't think I've seen it in their catalog?

Edited by tuffone20

That kit brings back some nightmares for me!!! When I was a kid back in Pontiac, MI the hobby shop I always went to buy models at, ask if I would build that kit for a customer that wanted but did not want to build it. I got paid something like $40 dollars to build it and I was doing good with it until I got to doing the wheels!! I think I was like 13 or 14 years old and for the life of me I could not do them!!

My mom & dad and even my older brother tried and couldn't get them done!!

I ended up taking it back with everything but the wheels done on it and I remember feeling real bad about not getting it done, but the guy was happy and paid me anyways.. :lol:

So looks like the hardest part is done for you........... LOL Maybe some day I'll try and find one of those and give it a try again. :lol:

Quite a traumatic experience this must be for you. I am eyeing up this kit for as long as I can remember, but not being rich, I never was prepared to plunk down the dough it usually commands. I had a look at the instruction sheet regarding the wheels and at the tool which is included for lacing them. It seems to be ingenious to the extent Rube Goldberg may have enjoyed.

I got these kit at the Desert Scale Classic and swap meet. The Monte Carlo I got for helping out Harold with his booth. stockcar.jpg The Corvette kit is missing the 57 Corvette. I got the Corvettes from a really nice guy that I was talk to and told him how I didn't have any money. He gave me the kit and told me to bring them back next year all done up so he can see them. Corvettes.jpg

I'm not sure if the rollback was a Modelhaus item or not. That's just what he told me. It came with quite a few parts and no instructions. I'm trying to mentally piece it together. I could be in trouble there. LOL

He had mentioned at our last club meeting that he had one and I told him "That would be cool." A week later I went to his house to visit and he said that he had something for me. He pointed to a tub and I opened it and was quite surprised.

Later-

Edited by Modlbldr

Yesterday I picked up a Tamiya 1966 Volkswagon Beetle 1300 kit for the Jairus Watson Challenge build. What a beautiful kit it is. After my stop at the LHS I went to Mike Flynn's --a fellow builder buddy's house and he gave me a few things. He gave me:

1. Rep & Min set of 4 into 1 megaphone headers, still in the package,

2. A set of photo etched pulley faces

3. A tub that included the cab and interior and various parts to the Chevy extended cab Snap Tite pick-up kit.

4. A police light bar

5. A headache rack

What a friend!!

I'm looking forward to starting a rollback tow truck build soon. Maybe next after my Jairus Watson Challenge build.

Later-

Yeah, but...since there aren't any pics, it hasn't happened.

I'm not sure if the rollback was a Modelhaus item or not. That's just what he told me. It came with quite a few parts and no instructions. I'm trying to mentally piece it together. I could be in trouble there. LOL

He had mentioned at our last club meeting that he had one and I told him "That would be cool." A week later I went to his house to visit and he said that he had something for me. He pointed to a tub and I opened it and was quite surprised.

Later-

If you can't figure out the rollback, you can send it to me. :)

That's a great price! Do they have any more?

If they had more, I'd have bought more at that price. :lol:

They didn't have alot of models (R/C shop mainly) but the ones they had were

Priced Decent and fairly current too

MMmmmmmm, Makes ya wonder about Hobby shops that charge the Max $$ :huh:

Zenki refers to the front end of the AE86 he bought. They came in either 'Kouki' or 'Zenki'. I believe that the 'Kouki' front came first and the 'Zenki' front came second. Fujiwara I believe is the sushi shop from the 'Initial D' Anime series. I got a DML Panther G with Eduard photo-etch Zimmerat(sp??) from a trade with Matt Leblanc earlier last week or so. From the junkyard, I picked up a set of Bosch yellow fogs from a Mercedes for the 1:1 Celica. This weekend, if the guy accepts my offer, I may be getting yet another :) 77 celica GT. It is a little rough though...

celica1.jpg

Thankfully, my celica stash is almost as big as my model stash!!! :P

Edited by Ken

I just got some Tamiya rattle cans,Revels 2009 Challenger,Fujimi's Mazda Miata and like 7 sets of Pegasus after market wheels.I'm stocking up until I build my first build(a curbside Wildcat).I still need a respirator and a spraybooth.I can't wait,soooo excited!

Errrr...Engrishy prease?

Do you mean Levin or Trueno, i.e. hidden or exposed headlamps?

Fujiwara Trueno - '83 Trueno from the manga and anime of Initial D, one of the most famous AE86.

Trueno - pop-up headlights, sold in the US as the Corolla.

Levin - standard style headlight, wasn't sold in the US.

Zenki - early model, AE86 - '83-'85.

Kouki - late model, AE86 - '86-'87.

AE86 - Levin or Trueno with the 4A-GE engine (dual overhead cam).

Edited by El Destructo Inc

Thanks El, I was about to confuse him even more by answering.....

BOTH! :D

It also appears that I will not be getting the celica just yet. He has stated in a new ad that he is firm on his price. Unfortunately, his price is about twice what the car is worth. The amount of rust and such just doesn't justify his price right now. So, the waiting game begins.

Edited by Ken

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...