Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Got these from HWJ this morning:

70wh-vi.jpg

69wh-vi.jpg

68wh-vi.jpg

box483-vi.jpg

Sadly I noticed the shipping box was fairly beat up and of course that transcended into the kit of the 458. I have bent pillars. I'm hoping I can straighten them, but they are so fragile. I notified HWJ and hope to get a body from them.

Chris

Got these from HWJ this morning:

Sadly I noticed the shipping box was fairly beat up and of course that transcended into the kit of the 458. I have bent pillars. I'm hoping I can straighten them, but they are so fragile. I notified HWJ and hope to get a body from them.

Chris

Nice...I got the BBS wheels in the mail from Hobby Search Japan yesterday...the other two wheel sets plus the Tamiya Aston Martin DBS are on their way..

Got this today. Should say "back". my dad built it in 1972 and gave it to me for my first car. Gave it baack to me today. Not sure when I'll get started on it but it needs everything.

.030 327 13:1 muncie M-22, and a ball to drive. So glad I got her back...

DSC_0189.jpg

DSC_0190.jpg

DSC_0191.jpg

DSC_0192.jpg

DSC_0193.jpg

Really nice lookin' Nomad Shane, are you going to put a HEMI in it?

Got this today. Should say "back". my dad built it in 1972 and gave it to me for my first car. Gave it baack to me today. Not sure when I'll get started on it but it needs everything.

DSC_0189.jpg

DSC_0190.jpg

DSC_0191.jpg

DSC_0192.jpg

DSC_0193.jpg

DSC_0189.jpg

DSC_0190.jpg

DSC_0191.jpg

DSC_0192.jpg

DSC_0193.jpg

Got the Aoshima gold BBS wheels in the mail Friday, ordered the Tamiya Aston Martin DBS and 3 sets of Aoshima wheels on Friday...scored an AMT '60 Buick convertible box on eBay today, needed that for my restorable builtup kit that I got at a local model show last year.

Got a big box from Japan today. Lots of fodder for the JDM build...

STA72134.jpg

STA72135.jpg

STA72136.jpg

STA72131.jpg

Most are Fujimi and as such suffer from the dreaded "old motorized kit" syndrome, except for the TE27, which is a new mold and is quite decent. I haven't decided which one will be used for the JDM build. I am thinking Boso Chaser, but I may go with kyushi celica as well. In all a great thing to come home to. The cats are loving the big box left on the floor!!!

Oh yeah, I only got 6 wheels sets, not 12 :)

First I ordered some tools and other modeling supplies from Micro-Mark Tools.

Then I picked up one each of the folowing;

AMT- 1949 Ford

Lindberg- Model T Pick-up

AMT- 62 Catalina Custom

AMT- 51 Chevy Belair Conv.

AMT- 60 Ford Starliner

AMT- 69 GTX Conv.

My Scale Dreams order arrived today - 2 envelopes of BMF, resin bucket seats, PE wire looms, and a bottle of Alclad chrome.

Do I really have to use Alclad's black? I ordered some Tamiya gloss black to use.

I don't think so, Jim. I've not really used Alclad yet, but a friend of mine has, and I think he used just regular old run of the mill gloss black for his, and it came out great. I think the only thing that really matters is that it's gloss black.

Got this a few days ago along with some other purchases from the same Ebay seller.. I was totally frosted when I saw the condition of this car and it has taken me a few days to settle down to the point where I can post this without coming unglued..

In his item description he conveniently forgot to mention that the windshield frame is junk.. Some of the other stuff that I received from him was almost this bad but I stepped out and paid for this one.. $31.00! Imustbenuts.gifI really wanted this model and I threw caution and common sense to the winds...00 plus shipping. I should have known better - and looked a lot closer but my vision and perception wasn't all that great the day that I bought this.. eye_chart_out_of_focus_md_wht.gif I mean, it's as much my fault as his(hers?) I guess.. I am just hoping that maybe some one out there might learn something from my screw up and stupidity. his pictures are poor and his resposes to emails are usually one or two short sentances. Ebay's feedback system is crazy .. but it is really my fault for trusting someone. Needless to say, I'll never buy from that seller again no matter what he is selling. Sorry for whining..but here's the auction 's item description -

" This is a 1/24 or 1/25 screw bottom 1966 ? Dodge Polara Convertible for parts or restore. Unsure of the scale and year. It will come with everything pictured. This is a plastic model kit. So when you get it it may have a few loose parts that will need to be reglued. It will be shipped in a plastic bag and wrapped in bubble wrap or peanuts and put in a cardboard box. Combined shipping on loose model kits are 7.75 for the first and 2.00 each after in the US."

Here's the auction photo:

EbayPic.jpg

and here's what it REALLY looks like here's what I received for $31.00 plus shipping..

0011966PolaraConvdriversside.jpg

0041966Dodgeconvpassview.jpg

0021966Dodgeconvfrontview.jpg

0051966Dodgecopnvrrview.jpg

This pretty much refects my feelings about this - frustratedkick.gif All I can say is it was an expoensive lesson well learned, If anyone wants this sellers user ID, pm me and I'll send it to you. He or she sells a lot of models so you may want to know who to watch for.. popupgiraffe.gif

Gary, I hate to say this, but you bought what was pictured. The only thing I see different between your pics and the auction pic is the lack of the dashboard in your pics. Did you get that? If you look closely at your first pic, even though yours is at a slightly different angle, the auction pic has the same ill fitting gap at the top of the passenger side of the windshield as your pic does. Also, I don't know if part of your anger is that it seems, especially since you took the pic of the rear end with only one taillight, you were assuming it was complete. I can tell by the original pic it was not complete! I see no front bumper or grille, and no indication of the rear bumper, either. When there is any doubt like that, especially since NO WHERE in the description that it was complete, you can email the seller BEFORE YOU BID and ask more questions. If there is any doubt in my mind, that is what I ALWAYS DO, and if I either still have doubt or the seller doesn't answer my question to my satisfaction, no matter how badly I think I need the item, I PASS! I'm sorry if I'm seeming harsh and kicking you while you're down, because I'm not trying to do that, but I honestly don't see why you have an issue with the seller. The only way I could see an issue is if you did not receive the dashboard, since it was pictured, but other than that, you got what you (over)paid for.

By the way, that is why I prefer to buy sealed kits. Yes, I might pay more, but if it is a subject I really want to build, I have the 99.9% piece of mind that I'll be able to build the model. Yeah, there is that 0.1% chance there may be a factory defect, warpage problem, or other issue, but that is a risk I'm more than willing to take!

Edited by highway

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...