Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I knew the title..... i just went the other direction.

Coffee is wonderful this morning. Thanks.

Yeppers, nothing like a good breakfast and fresh-ground coffee beans.

Still a little sleepy I guess?....You forgot to capitalize your second "I".

No matter.....Da spelling on dis foroom haz bin pour laytly... :D

Day off. Slept in so I got a late start on my handful of meds. Just groggy.

Chunk of cheese, toast and coffee.

Well, I'll see you back here at dinner time....Have to head downtown today, but at least it's friday, so I get to sleep in a little over the weekend, which means I can stay up late and entertain folks here... :lol::lol:

Thanks, they are off of ebay,seller-dman1940 .

Pat was close cause I actually thought they were Modelhaus,the packaging is evem similar. These are nice though,I believe they are painted where Modelhaus are white/black resin. Price was similar as well.

Hey Greg you have had some really nice hauls lately :unsure: Where did you get the wide white walls from? Those are really great looking tires.

I see. How do they look in person? Have been tempted to order some.

Thanks, they are off of ebay,seller-dman1940 .

Pat was close cause I actually thought they were Modelhaus,the packaging is evem similar. These are nice though,I believe they are painted where Modelhaus are white/black resin. Price was similar as well.

I got one of the '66 Falcons and I must admit I was completely underwhelmed. Extremely thick castings, pillars will need extreme excavation to fit any kind of windows...not nearly as well cast as the auction description stated.

I hope yours are substantially nicer than what I received.

Mark, yes well.. I ot my 66 falcon off ebay and it to is a little too thick, workable maybe more work than it should be but......... That car if you dont know fits the revell pro stock olds chassis very well, most probably going to be my next project.

I don't post in this thread often but living here in Florida within driving distance of ModelExpo is a plus. I've done a fair amount of biz with them and they are a top notch company...tools, wood ships & aircraft, tons of plastic models etc. never had any problems etc.

They are discontinuing some plastic models so I went on a shopping spree to take advantage of the discounts......I picked up an R/M 1/8th Deuce 3 n'1, Lindy double dragster (the drag coupe had already sold out) and a big tub....they ran me about approx. $69 bucks each. I have to pay sales tax as they are local to me. Still, that's about 40% off!

I also picked up these kits....Lindy Fiat dragster (1/12th) 24 bucks and a 1/12th '57 chebbie for $48 dollars. Sorry guys I bought the last of what they had! However, they have a lot of 1/25th scale stuff at 40% off. I don't know how much longer the sale will run but perhaps it would be worth your while to check them out and get on their mailing list.

Amodelexpo1.jpg

amodelexpo2.jpg

Edited by GrandpaMcGurk

Well went by Dairy Queen then stopped by my sons and aired up a tire on the ElCamino and droped of some cookies his mom made.

As we were leaving down the alley someone had been doing some cleaning and there was junk fell over into the alley! Got out to move the boxes and inside was a still sealed AMT Terry Labonte 95 MonteCarlo!

Another box had hit it and split the lid open towards one end and ripped the side. Got home and opened it and nothing was damaged inside the decal sheet looks nice and crisp with no yellowing or cracking!B)

Heartburn.

No luck on your computer problem yet?

Some times I wish I never got one! I only have had mine for 6 years now!

Until he moved I had the Jr High kid down stairs come up and fix my computer problems! :lol:

Well I had a good day of finding some good kits. Brian (Railfreak) and I went to a toy swap meet and pick up some kits. While at Moonlight Model Car Club meeting I pick up one more.

heres what I got the morning The Batmobile I got for $5 and the other two I got for $8 each.

DSC05239.jpg

The Chevelle I got for $10 and the USA 1 only has the chassie and motor. That was give to me for one of the guys in the club. Ill thank of soming thing to do with it. DSC05342.jpg I also got the Monsters tin I got at last month meeting for $25.

DSC05333.jpg

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...