Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

At the LHS, in the "Gently Used" kit section. Complete, unbuilt. $30.

$%28KGrHqQOKpkE0VI1KNiEBNYrjgD7BQ~~0_1.JPG

Heck yeah, man! All kinds of possibilities. 1/8 scale hot rod COE. Pulling tractor! Heck yeah! Copy that turbo and put compound turbos on it!

great find lee now all you need to do is cast it for me :lol:

This weekend a friends girlfriend dropped off a old model collection he had from his grandfather. In it was 23 models and a old rail car, the precursor to slot cars. He originally wanted me to sell them for him but just this morning I was told I could have them. All of them were issued and built in the early 60s. Their was even some botles of testors paint from the same time period. The Mercedes 540K (first car in the first photo) had a 3rd place ribbon taped to the bottom of it from a model show in 1964 (Must have been a box build class because the model is completely unpainted). The Coupe next to the Mercedes had a 2nd place ribbon on it but no year was on the award.

DSC_9330.jpg

DSC_9331.jpg

DSC_9333.jpg

The rail car and one of the models is not shown in the photos.

I also found 3 promo cars, two 1970 Corvette LT-1's and a 1994 Camaro Z-28. I don't usually collect promos but when you drive 3 hours round trip to go to a flea market when gas is near $4 a gallon you better come back with something.

I don't know what was up with model dealers in St. Louis this weekend but I went to four flea markets that usually have model dealers and they were all MIA.

Well I got this today, Paid $10 shipped from a guy in Manitoba, knew it was built, was expecting the wrost got the best :lol: It's in great shape! and only needs a few easily attainable things, all the irresplaceable parts are accounted for!

FILE0311.jpg

FILE0312.jpg

FILE0313.jpg

FILE0316.jpg

FILE0317.jpg

FILE0318.jpg

FILE0319.jpg

FILE0320.jpg

Nick

I disassembled it, and it was easy, nothing broke, well except the two front wheel retainer pins, but that's why I bought the Second Monaco, as for plans for it, I had planned on chopping the nose off and swapping it with my Monaco's nose, but it's in way to nice a shape to do that so, who knows, I may trade it, for now I'll collect the parts it does need (4 barrel set up, stock wheel covers, exhuast manifolds & crossover pipe, stock steering wheel,drive shaft hoop, and the underhood accessories)

Edited by Nick Winter

man i am impressed at those 60s build ups! a quick dunk in warm water with soap and they are going to be looking sweet! look like good build quality too from your photos!

and that volvo motor! wow imagine that in a Big Drag or something!

this past weekend. i resisted the urge to buy kits...lols passed on 2 kit that were on clearance and 3 that i should have bought just to trade with someone here..oh so hard to put back. so instead i bought some paints, 6 cans of tamiya spray cans and 3-4 bottles of acrylic, tamiya weathering applicator(clearance) and microballoon filler.

Was travelling yesterday and when I got to my hotel, there was a motor coach with 40 senior citizens checking in at the same time as me! :P;) What to do, I had to kill some time or wait in line with the old farts!

There was an Ollies about 300 yards away so I HAD to go in there and see what was left of the Lindberg bargains. Picked up another F-150 pickup for $7.99 and a large can of touch up paint for $.99! Still had some time left to kill so I stopped in at the HobbyTown USA to see what they had. Looked around and picked up the COPO Nova for $24.00 plus a can of Testors Lacquer. The clerk said they had just received 6 COPO Novas that day and I was getting the last one!

I will hopefully tear into that COPO this weekend, although I really should finish the 8 or 9 other kits I have sitting on the bench.

This weekend a friends girlfriend dropped off a old model collection he had from his grandfather. In it was 23 models and a old rail car, the precursor to slot cars. He originally wanted me to sell them for him but just this morning I was told I could have them. All of them were issued and built in the early 60s. Their was even some botles of testors paint from the same time period. The Mercedes 540K (first car in the first photo) had a 3rd place ribbon taped to the bottom of it from a model show in 1964 (Must have been a box build class because the model is completely unpainted). The Coupe next to the Mercedes had a 2nd place ribbon on it but no year was on the award.

DSC_9330.jpg

DSC_9331.jpg

DSC_9333.jpg

The rail car and one of the models is not shown in the photos.

I also found 3 promo cars, two 1970 Corvette LT-1's and a 1994 Camaro Z-28. I don't usually collect promos but when you drive 3 hours round trip to go to a flea market when gas is near $4 a gallon you better come back with something.

I don't know what was up with model dealers in St. Louis this weekend but I went to four flea markets that usually have model dealers and they were all MIA.

A very nice haul Robert!

Well I got this today, Paid $10 shipped from a guy in Manitoba, knew it was built, was expecting the wrost got the best B) It's in great shape! and only needs a few easily attainable things, all the irresplaceable parts are accounted for!

FILE0311.jpg

FILE0312.jpg

FILE0313.jpg

FILE0316.jpg

FILE0317.jpg

FILE0318.jpg

FILE0319.jpg

FILE0320.jpg

Nick

I disassembled it, and it was easy, nothing broke, well except the two front wheel retainer pins, but that's why I bought the Second Monaco, as for plans for it, I had planned on chopping the nose off and swapping it with my Monaco's nose, but it's in way to nice a shape to do that so, who knows, I may trade it, for now I'll collect the parts it does need (4 barrel set up, stock wheel covers, exhuast manifolds & crossover pipe, stock steering wheel,drive shaft hoop, and the underhood accessories)

Nice score!

Tamiya 1/6 scale Honda CX500 Turbo. I don't really care for the bike, but I'm after that turbo. I'm getting it copied in resin for a twin-turbo GS1100 chopper. Then I'll sell the CX500. Already found a buyer for it. :P

BTW mine is complete/unbuilt

02.jpg

Edited by LDO

A thrift store near me had a TON of Lindberg stuff. Picked up a Japanese Zero Fighter Plane for $1.50

Great find. I can never find anything at the thrift/charity stores near me.

---

I picked up the 32 Ford "Vicky" Jalopy race car and the 36 Chevy Modified today. Got them in trade.

I was able to get a Revell Hemi-Hydro at the Billet-Proof swap meet yesterday.

Another vendor had a '57 Ford, '36 Ford coupe, and a '26 Ford sedan delivery. He wanted $10.00 each. I offered $20.00 for the 3. He wouldn't budge. I went to $25.00 and he still wouldn't move. So I walked away.

Also recieved a Magnificent Seven for my recently posted '36 Ford roadster "Under Glass" at the MAGS Sunshine State Challenge.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...