Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Does that kit have both the stock wheel options, like the Special Edition version did? Any chance you could post a pic of the new parts an the new decal sheet?

I don't actually have it yet, but got an email yesterday that it shipped from the OLD where I preordered it :) Hopefully have it next week.

On the SA forums someone posted pics of the new parts--the big wheels and tires, bucket seats and console, different front bumper and the decal sheet. Since it's a 2n1, I would assume at least the hubcap wheel option is there (are '62 SS hubcaps different than regular Impala ones?)

Finally got a "minor" grail...Tamiya's Honda NSX Type R. First time it was issued, I didn't know about it. Japanese issue only, all sold out. It was spot-reissued once, they sold out in a nanosecond..missed again. This time it's available through Tamiya USA :unsure: Might be a spot-issue as well, but at least this time it's officially available through US channels (though that's not a deal-killer w/the excellent Japanese websites).

Looks to be typical vintage full-detail Tamiya goodness. Photoetch engine cover, front intake screens, side vent screens, radiator face, and tags. Window masks, too. So it is an improvement over the original. Sure wish there were more online photos of unmolested originals...they were very rare, less than 500 made.

This is my first time posting in this thread , but it also the first time i feel i got something worth posting. Anyway I got this in the mail and after putting it together im a very happy camper!

Mill001.jpg

Adding the power box and circut board

Mill004.jpg

a few more adjustments here and there.......

Mill014.jpg

Vwala a MicroLux Mill

Mill021.jpg

And thats my bird "Sassy" she likes taking pictures

Mill027.jpg

Mill025.jpg

Mill024.jpg

Take care.....B)

Went to a yard sale today and found a 2004 issue Revell '69 Camaro Z/28 RS model for a quarter. The box was dinged up pretty bad but everything was there. The seller asked me what was I going to do with it and I said, "I'm going to build it stock." He said hold on one minute and went in his house. He came out with a check for twenty dollars. I asked him what it was for and he said I needed paint for it and to buy one of those photoetch sets for it. I asked him if he built models and he said he got rid of all of his models and stuff about three years ago but he found this stuffed in his storage shed when he was getting stuff for the yard sale. It was a good day! :)

Went to a yard sale today and found a 2004 issue Revell '69 Camaro Z/28 RS model for a quarter. The box was dinged up pretty bad but everything was there. The seller asked me what was I going to do with it and I said, "I'm going to build it stock." He said hold on one minute and went in his house. He came out with a check for twenty dollars. I asked him what it was for and he said I needed paint for it and to buy one of those photoetch sets for it. I asked him if he built models and he said he got rid of all of his models and stuff about three years ago but he found this stuffed in his storage shed when he was getting stuff for the yard sale. It was a good day! :D

Wow that is really nice of the guy....I think it would be great to build the '69 Camaro Z/28 RS and then offer it to him...I have a feeling he would just get a kick out of that...anyway just my thought...Cheers :D

I just picked up 4 ASA cars. Two Camaros and two Thunderbirds.

Funny thing is the guy told me they were all open and missing parts. I asked him if the wheels (wide 5's) were still their and he said only in one of them. I decided to try and trade him instead of the 20 dollars he wanted and for a single '49 Mercury kit he said yes to the deal. Much to my surprise when I went to get the cars one of them was sealed and the only thing missing out of the open ones was a single poster that came with the kit. I kept my mouth shut, made the trade, and am sitting here feeling like I just stole from the guy. I even got a extra bonus to while going through the Thunderbird kits not only do they have wide 5's they also come with a nice set of 10 hole wheels too.

Hi put this up the other day but it seems to have gone. Got this lot at a boot Dale. Was actually looking for a car in the box and the guy said £20 for all 4 boxes do I took his hand off. Everything u see was in the deal. All the tractor units all the trailers and loads of spares some still on the spurs. All have instructions

143896eb.jpg

932618ee.jpg

47edb35e.jpg

And if u look in the furthest right trailer there's a scooby 22b well chuffed :angry:

well the other day i finally got my midnight express kit of evil- bay and he said it may be missing some parts so i took a closer look and much to my surprise its complete! and the body is in such good order i am going to touch the paint up and buff it out and start painting the interior and the frame looks like it has some crossmembers were painted yellow or something and is awfully dirty!!! so ill get more pics up here after bit in a day or so while i post these pics up of what i have so far! oh and i think all it cost me was a 20 dollar bill usd. :angry:

DSCI0317.jpg

DSCI0318.jpg

On Monday my Dad & I spotted a Tuesday Morning store, so we went in and they had a few AMT/ Stevens International kits left. They were:

Li'l Yeller

Li'l Mixer

27' Ford T Touring Police Car

"Mount 'N Goat" 70's Jeep Commando

Grabed'em all for $6.00 each!! (about $25 for all w/ tax)

The first 3 were the only ones they had left, but IIRC they still had a few more Jeep Commandos too.

On that same day we stopped at a Wal-Mart to pick up some flat black, and all the paints were sold out...sans 6 Flat Blacks and a Rustoluem Metalic copper they had marked down to $2.00. So that reallty made my monday.

Sorry I didn't post this eariler because my sister had the lappy, and that I don't hav pics because she is using the camera for a bit.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...