Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Unfortunately the joy about my parcel from Japan was slightly interrupted this afternoon.

While playing with my daughter, suddenly my knee just buckled and I fell over. It hurts like hell and swell within minutes to about twice it's regular size.

My wife took me to the hospital, but apart from an x-ray, they couldn't even do any further examination, because of the swelling and the pain.

So they issued me with two brushed aluminium sidepipes, a blower safety blanket around my knee, and an assortment of drugs:

pic.jpg

Gosh, I look like a shmock. The bad bit is that I have a manureload of work to be done, which I can now nail at my knee. But there is worse news: Those drugs don't mix with whiskey.

Edited by Junkman

That's a rare Seibu Keisatsu "Machine RS"! Seiby Keisatsu is a science-fiction/police TV series in Japan. There are several different Machine RSes, all Skylines. Each carries different special 'future' crime fighting equipment.

Thanks for the Info, I just knew it looked like a cool Skyline and got it cheap with shipping.. :D

Crazy and Cool looking truck..

Sorry to hear about you knee, I know mine is just about to go if I'm not careful.

"two brushed aluminium sidepipes, a blower safety blanket around my knee"

Guess you'll be resting your knee at your Modelling desk ;)

They had some whacky cars in Seibu Keisatsu. Apart from the Machine RSes, there was the

Super Z

10033495.jpg

Machine X:

10020180.jpg

A Nissan Gazelle convertible:

10020179.jpg

and their mobile command unit:

72-4_2.jpg

All of them were available as 1/24 scale kits from Aoshima.

Sorry to hear about you knee, I know mine is just about to go if I'm not careful.

"two brushed aluminium sidepipes, a blower safety blanket around my knee"

Guess you'll be resting your knee at your Modelling desk ;)

Thanks guys! I really appreciate your well wishes!

Unfortunately I can't sit at a desk. Gosh, I don't know how to tell my boss on Monday. We are only two people in the team covering the time zone of this part of the world and the other guy broke his leg yesterday!

Wow not THATS a truck I can appreciate! (that one with all the graphics I mean)! thats pretty excellent looking for an odd subject!

heres what I have picked up recently, the two Skyline kits I got at our LHS that is currently going out of business. :( a real loss too because they have been around forever and remained up to date on kits and supplies. Riverside Hobbies in Sacramento CA by the way...but they are currently offering 20% off even their discounted prices so there are some bargains, and as time goes on, and the stock dwindles, the percentage discount will increase.

anyhoo here a shot of the haul for past couple weeks:

groupk.jpg

note i only got the two skyline kits at riverside, the rest were ebay scores.

I paid about 12$ (really) for the older skyline and about 25 for the one with the predetailed motor and stand (because the hood doesnt open and there is no moulded in engine bay or anything...kinda funky if you ask me).

the stuff in the middle is a metal Deuce chassis by curbside dioramas, along with all the metal parts for the front suspension, big ole Ford rear end, plus resin parts for a Deuce Highboy conversion. Frame is very well assembled and appears quite straight and flat, got all this stuff off ebay for about 25$ shipped. I forget how much just the chassis cost but this is the whole shebang. heres a couple closeups:

chassisdark.jpg

chassisbright.jpg

pretty good week overall...

Edited by jbwelda

Where is that chassis from, if you don't mind my asking?

ON DETAIL MASTERS WEB PAGE GO TO R & D UNIQUE AND ON PAGE 4 THE

Deuce Street Rod Frame

...OH HERE

http://www.detailmas...tegory_Code=RDU

ITS $8.25 i hope that helps

OH AND TODAY I BOUGHT A NEW TABLE FOR MY HOBBY ROOM FOR MY PAINT BOOTH.

Edited by chev12olet

James, careful to remember to remove all those models from the back of the car . . . the heat might do a number on them.

I just set them up there to take a picture of them, I took them in the house as soon as I got home. Can't be leaving that much stuff in my wife's car and still be alive to talk about it the next day. ^_^

Nah in broad daylight, just the wife and kids weren't home.

Unfortunately my fiancee was, and I don't have kids, but my wonderful better half was not happy when I pulled in the driveway with my haul from the Pittsburgh show yesterday!! :lol: :lol: :lol: She was nice enough to help me unload the cab of the truck, which barely had any room left for me to drive home in, but I had to listen to the "Don't you have enough models!!" speach the whole time she was helping me unload! :lol: I haven't taken a pic of the haul yet, but I'll get that done later today. :rolleyes:

It was a great show and was great to meet James and Mike, as well as a few other members of the MCM community, and a special thanks to Mike for picking my hitchhiking butt up on the way!! :D

Nice Haul Highway. The Nissan NISMO Van is Cool.

Rodney, how can you say it was a nice haul, I haven't posted mine yet!! :lol::huh: The Nismo van is Wheelman's, even though it did spend some time with my haul in the back of his car!! :lol: :lol: This is what I brought home from the Pittsburgh show on Sunday, much to the displeasure of my better half! :rolleyes: I did end up with some JDM:

HPIM3125.jpg

The truckstop, and the Tahoes are for the DOT Enforcement division:

HPIM3124.jpg

A couple large scale and a neat lighted visor.

HPIM3127.jpg

A few for the American crowd:

HPIM3130.jpg

And I bought this from Wheelman:

HPIM3131.jpg

There is still more, to be continued.....

Edited by highway

........and now the continuing story of the Pittsburgh show haul. The jewel of the haul deserved it's own post anyway, one of Motor City Resin Casters' 72 Ford Ranchero resin kit.

HPIM3132.jpg

I'm really wanting to get some of my other projects of the bench, because I'm dying to start on this. The casting looks great and there is pactically no flash anywhere, and that's especially nice since this would be my first ever completely resin build. It comes complete with frame, interior, dash, steering wheel and column, all bumpers, grille, and hood. The only lacking parts are, other than a few little detail parts like a battery and brake master cylinder, the tires, wheels, and engine. I also bought a Scale Modeling by Chris resin 351 Cleveland for the motivation under the hood, and it is just as nicely cast as the rest of the car.

HPIM3133.jpg

The engine even comes with a M.A.D. pre-wired distributor, and after actually looking at the engine and distributor today, I REALLY wish I would have bought more distributors from Kris at the show!!!

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...