Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

• 2 weeks later...
Guest roadkill2525

No NASCAR stuff today but I got a R-M Datsun 510, Monogram 1989 Pontiac Turbo Trans Am and a Galaxie Limited 36' Tri-Axel Tag Along trailer. All for 30 bucks. My dad also got a Lindberg/Model King '64 Plymouth Belvedere kit for $10.

Edited by roadkill2525

Didn't buy anything but for anyone on the board who is from western Canada who may have a farm-hardware supply store called Peavey Mart near them they now have their annual Christmas supply of kits. Good selection of AMT & Revell, they even had the Testor's Charger...but no '49 Merc :lol:

Two days after Xmas they always put all kits that are left on for 50% off. I rarely resist that opportunity to add to the stash.

robw

Bought a parts lot on Evil-Bay- Triumph chrome motocycle (Revell parts pak?), lots of old hot rod parts (some great tires, wishbones, steel wheels, wire wheels, front and rear axles, flathead parts, Ford hubcaps, headlights and a bunch of other stuff), and 10 concrete blocks (always useful in a display). The seller provided additional detail photos which confirmed my decision to bid. I have recently bought other parts lots, resin parts, photo etch parts, and scratch building supplies like styrene rod and strips, and brass rod. I plan on picking up the Revell Monogram 1932 Ford sedan if it really includes a flathead and other vintage hot rod goodies. Not buying many kits right now- concentrating on building what I have, and if I actually finish them all, I will have become immortal...........

Edited by Paul Payne

got some Testors Lacquer Hemi orange and gloss clear from the LHS..

and when I got home my order from HLJ was on my doorstep.

in it : Fujimi Ferrari 330p4, Fujimi Toyota Levin (70's model), and Fujimi EM series Lambo Countach...and a set of aoshima wheels i hadnt seen here in the states before.

Today 11/10/07 I went to Big Lots and grabbed up a Chrysler 300 and 2 AMT display cases, then on to Wal Mart with the wife, picked up some Future acrylic floor polish. My wife thought I was making a gesture that I would do the floor at home, and I had to tell her that it is for my models, now she says she wants to do the floor with some of my Future. I gonna have to hide it. LOL.

Tomorrow is the Kit Collectors swap meet and I am sure to find some good stuff there. ;)

Got my HLJ order yesterday.

More Wheels!!

52wh-vi.jpg

53wh-vi.jpg

54wh-vi.jpg

55wh-vi.jpg

I've got my Model Roundup order coming in tomorrow with three kits.

Chris

Hello there friend! Jus wanted to know if that was the maserati ( 3 doors down) :( I cant really see but the emblem sure looks it, if so how can i get the hook up Ever since i saw it debut in Road & Track I wanted a scale model. Maserati has to be one of my fav luxs out of all time. Well fella you have a great time buildin that one and please post pics. Thanx

peace

AJulia

Hello all ! Jus wanted to say i went to the LHS and purchased for the first time BMF (wish me luck ) also my windshield for my 66' chevelle was so bad and warped i also bought Acetat in clear and smoke brown(ill try to get a tint affect with the smoke brown. My opinion, i work better with the acetat then the winshields that comes w the kit. O' and some #11 blades. Well folks signin off for now! Keep on with the keepin on!! :(

Peace :)

AJulia

Today I got a Revell 41' Willis street rod. $8.61 at Michales crafts with the Infamous 50% off coupon. I try to use the coupon when ever I get one. Even the 40% off comes in handy for Testors spray cans and air brush accesories etc.

I gotta start workin' on my Santa list, Mrs.Claus is gonna ###### in her spandix when she see's the list....LOL.... :)

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...