Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I went to an antique auto swap meet Friday evening to get rid of some older car stuff / junk. By noon today, I had sold all of the parts I brought, and bought everything in the pictures. The three Johan Oldsmobile 442's called out to me. I had to get them. My garage is cleaner, and I got some more kits that I wanted. I also bought some wet sand paper in 800 and 1200 grit's, four Unical 76 decals for my toolbox for 11.00. The two Dusenbergs were the deal of the day for six bucks total. The weekend was good so far.

IMG_20120204_232352.jpg

IMG_20120204_232804.jpg

IMG_20120204_233023.jpg

IMG_20120204_233343.jpg

Looks like you've got a good haul there. Who makes the display base? TIA

My boy, Alex, and I attended the monthly CPMCC meeting today. The 'swap meet' always offers up some treasures......

Got this vintage mid-60's Dodge Coronet 'home-made' altered wheelbase built-up for cheap.......can't wait to rebuild this one!.....

IMG_3482.jpg

IMG_3484.jpg

Also snagged this factory-sealed '32 Vicky kit for $15......

IMG_3476.jpg

ALWAYS looking for some cool books and Hot Rod reference material........the hardback American Drag Racing book for $10, and the '67 and '71 Hot Rod magazines for a $1 each......YES!........

IMG_3479.jpg

IMG_3475.jpg

Next, I couldn't pass up this complete Dodge pickup kit for $8......

IMG_3477.jpg

I was about halfway through a sweet '66 Olds 442 build when the freshly painted body and hood suffered some clear coat issues. I was able to nab this factory sealed kit for $14. I'll pull the body and hood from it, and prep them for paint tomorrow!.....

IMG_3478.jpg

Aaaaaaaaand, last, but not least.....I've been eye-balling this kit at Craig Holler's 'Train Depot' in Mt. Wolf, PA. for a couple of months now. We finally struck a fair deal today, and I left with this '76 Road Runner. Not cheap, but I'm happy to FINALLY have one......opened, ragged box, but DEAD MINT inside!.......

IMG_3473.jpg

IMG_3474.jpg

So, all in all, an awesome day!

Mike

Edited by Bluzboy66

My boy, Alex, and I attended the monthly CPMCC meeting today. The 'swap meet' always offers up some treasures......

Got this vintage mid-60's Dodge Coronet 'home-made' altered wheelbase built-up for cheap.......can't wait to rebuild this one!.....

IMG_3482.jpg

Aaaaaaaaand, last, but not least.....I've been eye-balling this kit at Craig Holler's 'Train Depot' in Mt. Wolf, PA. for a couple of months now. We finally struck a fair deal today, and I left with this '76 Road Runner. Not cheap, but I'm happy to FINALLY have one......opened, ragged box, but DEAD MINT inside!.......

IMG_3473.jpg

IMG_3474.jpg

So, all in all, an awesome day!

Mike

Great looking haul,

Mmmm, Looks like an Original MPC 65 Coronet. Nice.

Great looking 76 RoadRunner.

I can remember having one Long ago but don't remember what happened to it..

I do know I have some of the decals left some where.. :D

It was my B-day today and I didn't get any models.

All I got myself was this Lil 1:1 car

427241_2989241021659_1581097396_2584928_1251819734_n.jpg

2012 Skynet Mazda3

I mean, A SKYACTIV-G Mazda3 (29/39mpg)

never owed a Mazda Anything before, Soo,

It's all Bobbys fault. ;):lol:

I was gonna get another Scion xD but with an Auto (due to back issues, Lil cars with 5spd are a PITA)

Now comes the Usual Tint, exhaust and wheels change

Went to our local Ollies and found a bunch of Crown vic's, then to the LHS for the Charger and off to Michaels for the Impala. The crown vics were only $8.99 so i thought that was a steal :)

Purchases.jpg

Went to our local Ollies and found a bunch of Crown vic's, then to the LHS for the Charger and off to Michaels for the Impala. The crown vics were only $8.99 so i thought that was a steal :)

Purchases.jpg

question ...which of those kits has the light bars where there either red or clear?....i dont want blue or orange or any other color other than clear or red?

question ...which of those kits has the light bars where there either red or clear?....i dont want blue or orange or any other color other than clear or red?

The blank one (not pictured) has the red (clear center), the CHP is Blue/red (clear center). The sets in the charger are all clear. Hope that helps. Earle

This beauty came for me today. Scored this of the EvilBay. Bare in mind I say beauty not having opened the box yet so there could be some disappointment inside much like the Comet with no engine compartment walls or the AMT 73 Mustang I bought to make the original Elanor from Gone in 60 Seconds which despite what the box art depicts it's imposable to make a stock Mustang from this kit.

AMT21639.JPG

Than after last night demoralizing Super bowl loss to the dreaded New Jersey Giants I tried to ease my pain some what by buying one of my all time grail kits. I know its not a rare kit but it's always been what I felt was a bit pricy. Maybe it was the Patrones talking but I had been watching this one and decided WTF.

10055711.jpg

I did some work on the side during my lunch break at work and got enough to get both the Meyer's manx, and revell's 1/24 huey kit. man, I forgot just how big a 1/24 Huey is!

That's pretty cool Rodney!!!!!! Well, I got a new hot water heater...how sweet...busted my knuckles putting that dang thing in. Hurts just to type! The moron previous home owner put it the smallest spot EVER, I had a heck-of a time wedging my fat... in there to get the old one out!!!! He also used a ton of plumbers putty on all of the fittings!!!!????? I just ended up cutting all the pipes and redoing it all. Man, what a chore...that was the first one I ever changed. :mellow:

I got another Aoshima D1 Grand Prix drifting kit this one is the APEX Mazda RX 7, and the original kit of the 82-83 Fall Guy GMC pickup got them both off e-bay. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I mainly wanted the GMC kit because of owning a 1:1 82 GMC shortbed pickup that I bought new, I wanted to build the smaller scale version of my truck...

Edited by kaseykahne09

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...