Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I went to a local discount, surplus junk store where I buy most of my spray paint. I picked up all of this for less than a dollar a can with tax. There is a nice seventies brown that will look great one of my AMC Gremlins.

IMG_20120206_230405.jpg

And best of all was finding this poster frame for my Phillips 66 oil can poster for fifteen dollars. I am going to hang it in our bedroom at least until my wife gets tired of seeing it. Then it will be in my model room.

IMG_20120207_120039.jpg

The mailman dropped off a small box from the depths of the muggy swamps of Florida containing my jar of Tamiya Extra Thin Cement!. The good Dr. also threw in some AK Interactive washes so I can dirty up some of my builds and some Tamiya paint along with a bottle of Ambroid Tak glue! Thanks Dr.!

Edited by Mr. Moparman

0210121145a.jpg

recieved all of this today, what are the odds of that? I ordered the book and videos tuesday and they all show up today? got a lot of reading and vids to watch. Dr. Cranky love the book and didnt know it but inside the front cover was your decal sheet, cant wait to get reading.....................

Edited by Darren B

How does one obtain a Dr. Cranky book ??!! Oh my I'd love to have one.

its easy heres a link:

http://www.ak-intera...crankybook.html

and let me tell you by just browsing thru it its like no other how to book its worth every cent, its chocked full of how tos and ideas on how to make your models pop i recommend that every car modeler pick this one up, i have tons of howto books nothing of this superior quality!

Edited by Darren B

0210121145a.jpg

recieved all of this today, what are the odds of that? I ordered the book and videos tuesday and they all show up today? got a lot of reading and vids to watch. Dr. Cranky love the book and didnt know it but inside the front cover was your decal sheet, cant wait to get reading.....................

Theres a nice article of the Freight Train in the last issue of Hot Rod Delux magazine...it's on the cover with the magazines usual 'eye candy'

Edited by Evil Appetite

Well, This week was a great week for me. I sold my '79 Nomad for $1200, bought a '66 Beetle for $750, and picked up a bunch of kits and a few other things. The Beetel runs/drives, has the original 1300 engine, NO rust in the pans. No title with pre '69 CA plates and Air Force base tabs on the front bumper. but I have a paper trail tracing back to CA DMV stating that they have no longer have any records for this cars VIN. So, I am having it inspected next Friday, then I can get new title/registration. The kits I picked up today at the local club meeting/LHS.

My plans for the Bug are pretty simple. I am going to clean and repaint the wheels, and replace the rear tires. I ordered a new carpet kit, new exhaust, lights, interior door/quarter panels, mirrors, and 2 1/2" drop spindles for the front suspension. Going to drop it up front, maybe a bit in rear, and leave the body in its pretty patina. I also have a roof rack with wood slats to mount up top.

IMG_20120211_133819.jpg

IMG_20120211_133732.jpg

The day after I bought the 1:1, I went to a LHS to get some parts for my Nitro RC, and saw the Tamiya '66 Beetle kit, HAD to have it! The rest I picked up today, also bought new engine/wheels/tires/body for my T Maxx 3.3.

IMG_20120211_132625.jpg

IMG_20120211_132603.jpg

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...