Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Got me this little gem off the evil bay with a view to restoring it.

pic001.jpg

pic002.jpg

pic003.jpg

pic005.jpg

pic004.jpg

Having it in front of me now, I have second thoughts though.

It is neatly done and has the best brush paint job I have ever seen.

It has Charm...i would just leave it the way it is...That is really cool

Cheers...Don aka XJ6 B)

It has Charm...i would just leave it the way it is...That is really cool

Cheers...Don aka XJ6 B)

I agree, it does have charm. But the only other 60 DeSoto I have is a mint kit. Then again, the heck with it.

I'll leave this one as is and build the minter.

I agree, it does have charm. But the only other 60 DeSoto I have is a mint kit. Then again, the heck with it.

I'll leave this one as is and build the minter.

Your choice is what I would do Christian . That model looks pretty darn good from were I sit !

Found a few neat older kits at a local kit swap meet today....a Johan '70 Cutlass (already have 4 of 'em, but have ideas for another), a Testors/IMC GT-40, the MPC '69 Firebird 'White Lightning' (the reissue from around '80 w/ the t-tops--liked that one as a kid but never had one), and an AMT '88 Kmart Lola Indy Car.

Got me this little gem off the evil bay with a view to restoring it.

pic001.jpg

pic002.jpg

pic003.jpg

pic005.jpg

pic004.jpg

Having it in front of me now, I have second thoughts though.

It is neatly done and has the best brush paint job I have ever seen.

I like that DeSoto kit as I've got a couple on the way and should arrive early next week.

I didn't get anything today but I did sell 5 kits and 1 resin body as I'm thinning out the heard some.

From todays swap meet, was not as good as the last one, I kind of forced myself to buy these. I was not trying to get two Hummer kits, I bought the California wheels one first, then I found the second one that includes stock wheels, and I want to make a Police Vehicle out of one, so the stock wheel one is perfect, so I have to get that one too . Both from the same seller, if I would have looked harder the first time :huh:

p3-2.jpg

Edited by martinfan5

That's practically stolen. Looks to be all there, too.

I agree, all seems to be there except one rear wheel back and one half of one chrome exhaust header. I was actually waiting on another of the same guys auctions to end, and looked at his other items, it had only been listed for 7 minutes. Had to look at pictures twice to make sure I wasn;t seeing things,lol. I've been outbid on a few that went for well over 100.00. Heck, even the box, instructions, and unused decal sheet are almost perfect(except fro the yellowing on the decal sheet).

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...