Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I got the great news that my biopsy showed NO big C !!! Crisis averted, now to get back to focus on my models !!!! :D :D :D :D

Awesome news! Always good to hear good news from somebody. :D

For me, while it's still a bit tough right now, I know I'm talented and smart and that I'll be able to find another job. Whether with my current company, or with another one. This won't set me back. Just makes me more dedicated to succeed and prove the company wrong.

Hang in there Justin, long as your still kickin, you ain't outa the game !! I'm gonna have to get back in the work force myself after a self imposed retirement of sorts that has lasted 5 years now !!! :blink:

Got this yesterday. Not a kit, but I love CAT style tractors and heavy construction equipment. This one is 1/16 D3 from Spec Cast....good size for detailing. A blade AND a backhoe.....what more could a man want?!

A scratchbuilt low loader pulled by the upcoming 1/16 Peterbilt?

Got this yesterday. Not a kit, but I love CAT style tractors and heavy construction equipment. This one is 1/16 D3 from Spec Cast....good size for detailing. A blade AND a backhoe.....what more could a man want?!

102_9285-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

102_9286-vi.jpgHosted on Fotki

I doubt if that is a D3. As far as i know, a D3 is a Catepillar model. What is there is an Allis Chalmers. I worked for Fiat-Allis in the '80s.

joe.

Today I got notification that my company didn't even want to offer me an interview for the position that I applied for, and solidly met all posted requirements. So I have now decided to no longer look at any internal opportunities and enjoy the time off from that place. I've always had some concerns about the hiring/promotion policies, and with the information that I have received in conjunction with them not even given me an interview opportunity, I will take my talents elsewhere.

I'll have the entire summer off and won't need to seek employment until February of next year if I so choose. Obviously, I'll have gone and gotten a job elsewhere by then, but I'm not in a major rush. I have opportunities to work for companies that my now former employer had to report to, and I think it would be great to come back one day as an inspector. Still, I'm pretty irked about all this. I guess if they at least gave me an opportunity for an interview I would at least be content, but just throwing my application out and saying "you don't meet the qualifications we want" when I met ALL of them EXTENSIVELY just seems fishy to me.

Picked this one up today, got it cheap but all the chrome is missing! The chrome that was in the box looks to be from a 56 Ford pickup, if anyone has the chrome for this Willys or would the interested in he Ford chrome that was in the box shoot me a PM.

115-2.jpg

116-1.jpg

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...