Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I was on my way to the hobby shop and when I passed a computer shop, sitting out front was a desk with a FREE sign on it... Had to pull a u turn and go back and grab it. I decided to clean up one of the empty rooms we had and turn it into a model room. I know its nothing compared to some but its a big upgrade over building on the kitchen counter. Here's what it looks like so far.

IMAG1118.jpgIMAG1122.jpg

Edited by FatManScaleDesigns

I picked up 17 MoPars yesterday, all but two are sealed, and those two are still factory bagged. I paid $75.00 for the lot! A heck of a deal I think! Here's the list:

1970 Plymouth Superbird (molded in "Petty blue")

1971 Plymouth GTX

1970 Plymouth GTX

2 1970 Challengers (one the 2 in 1, one metal flake)

2 1971 Hemi Cudas (one street machine version)

1974 Cuda snap kit (my sons already called that one)

1967 GTX (metal flake plastic)

1969 Charger RT

1969 Super Bee (metal flake plastic)

2 Mr Norms Dart GTS

1969 GTX convertible (molded in a nice sky blueish color)

1964 Belvedere

1968 Roadrunner

1971 Duster

All in all, a good day!

I found my score on the local kijiji. When I'd got to his place, his tiny house was wall to wall MoPar! Models, diecast, signage, you name it. He said he'd givin a dozen or so other kits to a local club aimed at kids, but he'd been put on a month long layoff so needed some cash.

I went to hobby lobby today and was surprised to find that they are changing their model stock for the first time in at least a year. They had the one run only 1/16 Charger, and the reissue Studebaker Avanti. After checking online on my phone for a 40% off coupon, I got them both for slightly less than 40.00, it was a surprise that they had new kits.

20120801_135925.jpg

I found two Rally Cars "on sale" here in taipei because they're "so old".

Hasegawa Lancia Super Delta 1992:

post-10246-0-61203300-1343902337_thumb.j

This was one of the cars you could choose to play with in possibly my favorite video game ever, Sega Rally Championship (1993)

And I bought this Tamiya 2001 Subaru Impreza WRC because I just like these "bug eyed" subarus

post-10246-0-75490600-1343902607_thumb.j

Got me one of the Revell 77 GMC reissue kits today. Probably paid too much (eBay), but had to have it. Looks to be a decent kit, but I didn't care for the rims/tires that can with it. Ordered a set of IROKs w/Weld rims (again eBay) to beef it up a little. More beef will include a 454 engine to replace the stock 350. Here in Central NY, gonna need the extra ponies to move the snow! Also have to get some chain for the plow, not included

John

Got me one of the Revell 77 GMC reissue kits today. Probably paid too much (eBay), but had to have it. Looks to be a decent kit, but I didn't care for the rims/tires that can with it. Ordered a set of IROKs w/Weld rims (again eBay) to beef it up a little. More beef will include a 454 engine to replace the stock 350. Here in Central NY, gonna need the extra ponies to move the snow! Also have to get some chain for the plow, not included

John

Is it a FULL engine, or is it molded into the engine bay/chassis like the wrecker?

Is it a FULL engine, or is it molded into the engine bay/chassis like the wrecker?

Full engine, not related to the Revell 1/24 wrecker at all. See the Truck Kit Reviews section for more info on the 1/24 '77 GMC.

I received this driver figure in the mail today, thanks to Crazy Ed. :)

AvDriver1.jpg

Got this from Spotlight Hobbies.

Been wanting a "real" '68 for a whie and the Monogram '69 with '68 bumpers just won't cut it for me.

I'll be looking forward to starting on it after I get a couple other projects off my table.

IMG_1312-vi.jpg

IMG_1313-vi.jpg

i have to know where you found that at?...ive been wanting a real 68' as well...but having to deal with the 69' with the 68' nose to!

I picked these two up from the LHS last week. Seems one of our own passed and his widow brought in what he left behind. There were a couple large moving boxes full of various kits. I picked these out because I liked the subject and the stance that the guy had come up with. I look forward to finishing them up. The best part was that I got them both for $15. The Toyota is missing the brush guard and one tire and wheel, a well as a few other parts.

th_DSCN5451.jpgth_DSCN5458.jpgth_DSCN5457.jpgth_DSCN5456.jpg

More in next post.

Later-

Edited by Modlbldr

Here is the second one.

th_DSCN5452.jpgth_DSCN5455.jpgth_DSCN5454.jpgth_DSCN5453.jpg

For some reason I can't copy the image code from Photobucket like I normally do. I had to copy the images. My computer went down a few weeks ago and I just got it back up yesterday. Maybe that has something to do with it. I don't know.

Later-

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...