Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Although I'm STILL looking for a full-time job...was at a LHS(Model Empire USA) today. Got some Tamiya thinner, the new AMT tire set, and possibly a part-time job there...they offered. No benefits, but an employee discount. We'll see on Monday. At least it would be some money coming in. So, if I do and you send in an order, I may be the one who packed and shipped it to you.

Although I'm STILL looking for a full-time job...was at a LHS(Model Empire USA) today. Got some Tamiya thinner, the new AMT tire set, and possibly a part-time job there...they offered. No benefits, but an employee discount. We'll see on Monday. At least it would be some money coming in. So, if I do and you send in an order, I may be the one who packed and shipped it to you.

I hope you get the job . It might not be much , but it's better than what we are doing now ! Plus you are familiar with the product !

I would like a job like that but I would probably spend my paycheck before I got out the door on payday. : )

I hope you get the job . It might not be much , but it's better than what we are doing now ! Plus you are familiar with the product !

Thanks Bob. Yeah, it probably won't be much more than minimum wage, but I have to start getting some money in. Everyone knows that bills don't stop, because you don't have a job.

I would like a job like that but I would probably spend my paycheck before I got out the door on payday. : )

I know what you mean! I've had my eye on a few for a while now.

The "Empire" is a great place and I'll be there towards the end of the month. Good luck on getting the job.

I went to Hobby World to buy some paint and a bottle of TENAX 7R, and ended up also buying a Revell 50 Ford Fi Pick up, a Revell 31 Model A Sedan Rat Rod, an AMT 25 Ford Model T Chopped Double kit, And a Revell U.S.F. United States ( One of The Big Frigates ). My Wife Wants the Frigate when I finish it for the Family Room! I just hope she realizes how long it is going to take to build!

Best of luck in the job search Andy! If you get on at Model Empire, just pace yourself with purchases because the reason for taking the job was to bring in money, not spend more at work! :P

I once took a part time job at a Sears Hardware store about 20 years ago and found myself using the employee discount to fuel my need for new tools!

Back on topic, I did get my package from Tower Hobbies on Friday that had the '77 GMC pickup/snow plow kits in it. I have already torn the plastic off of one box and have used white glue to assemble the plow to see how it will look up against a few WIPs I have and I can see I will be buying more of these kits! I hope to get some better weather to start painting again (high humidity and 70 degree dew points) so I can post some pictures.

The "Empire" is a great place and I'll be there towards the end of the month. Good luck on getting the job.

Thanks Nick. And, yes it is. Been going there for almost 20 years.

Best of luck in the job search Andy! If you get on at Model Empire, just pace yourself with purchases because the reason for taking the job was to bring in money, not spend more at work! :P

I once took a part time job at a Sears Hardware store about 20 years ago and found myself using the employee discount to fuel my need for new tools!

Back on topic, I did get my package from Tower Hobbies on Friday that had the '77 GMC pickup/snow plow kits in it. I have already torn the plastic off of one box and have used white glue to assemble the plow to see how it will look up against a few WIPs I have and I can see I will be buying more of these kits! I hope to get some better weather to start painting again (high humidity and 70 degree dew points) so I can post some pictures.

Thanks Mike. I know what you mean. Gotta keep the bills paid first. I've got plenty of kits to work on already, and I don't want to take advantage...well not too much!

Thanks Mike. I know what you mean. Gotta keep the bills paid first. I've got plenty of kits to work on already, and I don't want to take advantage...well not too much!

just be careful if a certain forum moderator tries to leverage his position over you with your employee discount! ;):P

just be careful if a certain forum moderator tries to leverage his position over you with your employee discount! ;):P

I know who you're talking about. Met up with him there a few months ago and bought some very well casted resin GM truck rims from him. Don't think he'd bend my arm like that. But hey...I don't have the job yet, so I can't help anyone yet! Edited by The70judgeman

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...