Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

The Chopper II (styrene cutter) I got off ebay arrived. It was a Chopper III instead. The seller will be paying me back and also paying for the return postage. I ordered a Chopper II from Al's Hobby in Elmhurst, IL.

You will love this! It's one of my favorite tools. You will wonder how you built without it.

IMG_2998-vi.jpg

I got this Opel Kadett body off eBay. It is an A/FX product, but got it quick without any drama. Was delivered within a week. Not exactly what I needed, I was hoping to make it the basis of a stock build. It would need a ton of work reshaping near everything, but it was as advertised. Can't fault them for my assumption. Still my wheels are turning and I might just start carving!

IMG_2994-vi.jpg

And this neat 1/25 scale Polistil Mercedes SL came in the mail on Friday, another one fished off the 'bay. Very nicely done with opening doors, hood and trunk. The seats fold as do the sun visors. Roof comes off too.

The Chopper II (styrene cutter) I got off ebay arrived. It was a Chopper III instead. The seller will be paying me back and also paying for the return postage. I ordered a Chopper II from Al's Hobby in Elmhurst, IL.

Al's hobbies is a pretty cool place to go. It is about 25 miles from where i am and their staff is very knowledgeable. They also have a pretty impressive paint selection. I would recommend anyone within 50 miles to make the trek out to Elmhurst.

Oh and these are what I got today. Been waiting and searching for the TestRossa 250 for some time now. I know they are available but I didn't want to spend $75 on a model. I also found this corvette at a local shop it is the Accurate Miniatures kit issued by Revell. I learned about this at Al's hobbies and went straight back to the other store and bought it for $17

post-9427-0-90774700-1360705346_thumb.jp

post-9427-0-07794200-1360705370_thumb.jp

Been waiting and searching for the TestRossa 250 for some time now. I know they are available but I didn't want to spend $75 on a model.

Good for you, Alan. I'm glad you got that kit finally. It is really fantastic. You are in for a treat when you build it. Did you get it at a hobby shop or score it on eBay? And keep your eyes peeled for more. Believe me, once you've built it you'll want to build it again and again.

Well, got it two days ago, but I got another Lil' Coffin showrod. It was a gluebomb, but it's complete and I'm doing okay disassembling it. The worst problem was the engine block and whatever that joker used for glue. It's ruined. But fortunately I have a brand new hemi of the same type to drop in. :)

Conversation I heard at the hobby store as a family walked in:
Dad: "Ok, do you all know what you want?"
Kids: "I don't know"
Dad: "They don't know. [to clerk] Do you have any 'I don't knows'?"
Clerk: "I don't know, have a look around." [to me] "Did you see any I don't knows?"
Me: "Well, I came in looking for nothing. Yet, I'm still walking out with something."

What somethings?
Revell 2005 C6 Corvette Convertible SnapTite model. It was cheap, but I have big plans for its front and rear clip.

2 dirt track modifieds: Frankie Schneider's Gremlin and the 3W Vega. (2 for 1) I imagine they'll be box stock so I didn't mind spending decent money.

Plus, paints, brushes, styrene, body epoxy, brushes, thinner, primer .... .... ...

Ah...Good For you....Watch'a get....Me going to be in the market for a new laptop..soon....Need to up date....Mac?...na too much $$$$

Don, I got a Dell Inspiron , the laptop I am replacing I have been using since 2005, it came with Windows 8, I am starting to like Windows 8.

Here is the the laptop I got, and where I bought it from

http://www.costco.com/Dell-Inspiron-15-Laptop-Intel%C2%AE-Core%E2%84%A2-i5-3210M-2.5GHz.product.100026422.html

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...