Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I had this model many years ago, a friend gave it to me but the body was broken, not sure what happened to it, but I got this one off eBay, the box is a little faded, didn't know they were so hard to find, the seller wanted near on £40 for it, I offered £20 and got it .....

2013-03-04100407_zps61084679.jpg

A 7.5hp rotary phase converter, so I can convert my residential single-phase power to 3-phase for running machine tools. It's overkill for what I have now (Bridgeport mill, South Bend 7" shaper, & South Bend 8" "Junior" lathe, but I may replace the South Bend stuff with bigger tools one day, and I also want a nice 3-phase grinder.

No pics for the moment. I just ordered it over the phone. I can post a pic later tonight when I get home, and more when it arrives. I'm really happy abouy finally getting one of these. I've had the big machine tools for a while but couldn't use them. I have Sherline tools, but it's very easy to run out of room on them, especially when "stacking" accessories on the mill for making big parts like 1/8 scale engines.

:-D

edit: photo IMG_1011%20wall%20mt_1.jpg

Not much to look at but I am really excited about it.

Edited by LDO

todays mailbox finds:

BRE Datsun (sealed....... not any more :P )

1963 Nova Annual, and 1962 Nova convertible

F52D3F07-5141-4301-91FB-000122BEE0F0-370

Michaels had a clearance on the Audi (6.99) and 12.99 on the Charger,and picked up the paint, primer and blades from the LHS

231B82E6-63E1-4643-BAF0-579DBE97D4EB-370

I got a couple of cedar wood pieces from cigar boxes at a tobacco store. I plan on using them for paneling on a woody or planks for truck beds. Best part is they were free.

That is a great idea Benjamin. I'll have to look into getting some of that wood.

Thanks for sharing the idea.

Got these off eBay (Yes, again) there both enthusiast kits, £11.99 for the two ... that's around $18.00,

attachicon.gifFujimi Porsche 911.JPG

I have the Cabriolet, along with a few other kits from the Enthusiast Series. Nice models, just wish Fujimi had been a bit more enthusiastic with the instructions. All those extra pieces and parts (compared to the 30-50 part standard Fujimi curbside) and a rather bland and underwhelming set of diagrams that aren't any different from kit they've done.

I have the Cabriolet, along with a few other kits from the Enthusiast Series. Nice models, just wish Fujimi had been a bit more enthusiastic with the instructions. All those extra pieces and parts (compared to the 30-50 part standard Fujimi curbside) and a rather bland and underwhelming set of diagrams that aren't any different from kit they've done.

I know what you mean, I had parts in the kit that the instructions didn't mention, I grabbed the instructions from the Turbo kit I have, and they show the parts that the Cabriolet instructions ommited ..... also the side repeaters needed to be 21mm from the bottom of the sill and 3mm from the front of the door shut line, no mention of this in the Cabriolet kit, but clearly shows a diagram in the Turbo kit ....

My first Tamiya kit - Morris Mini Cooper.

My dad had a Mini back a looooooong time ago. He used to work for a garage and this was a car with no engine that was there the entire time he worked there. He says he asked his boss who it belonged to and apparently it was just towed and left there one night. So my dad bought it for $50. He researched and found an Austin Atlantic engine for it, JAMMED it in the engine bay, and screamed around town. Everyone who knew him some 35/40 years ago still mention (first) the car.

313828_599233296771259_1293446864_n.jpg

This is a 1/24 scale kit and looking at it with the cover up, I can't wait to get into it. I knew 1/24 was smaller than I normally build (1/25) but I didn't think by that much. I also knew the Mini was a tiny car, but I didn't think it would be this small. Here, by comparison, is a picture of the body for the Mini side-by-side with a 1/25 59 Chevy I built this summer.

524710_599236393437616_1578157765_n.jpg

522613_599236400104282_1069831234_n.jpg

The door panels are lined up with each other in this shot. I can't wait to start this one, but I have WAY too many un-started kits before I get here. When it's finished however, rest assured these two will sit next to each other in the display case.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...