Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Anne, you go girl. Plays a boatload of great guitars and builds car models...!!! Do you own a cool 1:1 old car too..?? I've only got 1 lonely Fender P Bass and a Fender Bassman 100 Amp. Unfortunately they're collecting dust as I haven't played in years... :(

Got this in the mail today.

82ElCaminoboxart1.jpg

82ElCaminoboxart.jpg

A fellow Aussie member Helix,found it a garage sale and asked if I was interested.I said yes and he sent it to me.

Thanks Ray

I've got one of those. The previous owner decided to try to build the engine and chassis with a couple of tubes of glue while blindfolded.

Later-

How many guitars does one person need?

I owned 12 at one time.....3 Les Pauls.....2 Explorers .....3 SGs A Dean MLX....the Dime Bag Darryl version and one in natural wood...So 2 of those.....And my prized ones I still own.....A '63 Firebird....In Natural wood....And 2 '64s.....One in Firebird Red.....And the other in Frost Blue......That was my main Axe before I retired from music last year.....11 Gibson's......Alot of money tied up in them.

I held onto the Firebird's......But sold the rest . Last year I also had all my hair cut off....35 inchs long...Now I just have a normal haircut...My wife's a hair dresser....I donated my hair to locks of love.

Edited by spkgibson

here is my latest Curtis , my Gibson ES355 Custom Shop Limited Edition :)

Nice score, Anne, and an impressive collection. I bought a '68 ES335 new in 1969 but it got stolen out of our tour bus only 6 months later. Best guitar I ever owned.

Currently I have 4 guitars (and 3 amps) and I fully understand the "need" for more. I play regularly with a guy who has 26!

Package from the land of the rising sun!

DSCN0429.jpg

The CRX will be painted like my "race track" 1:1 CRX. Not sure how to paint the Datsun. Should it be a period correct color with stock wheels, or maybe a nice modern color. Extremely open to suggestions.

Edited by o-man

Package from the land of the rising sun!

DSCN0429.jpg

The CRX will be painted like my "race track" 1:1 CRX. Not sure how to paint the Datsun. Should it be a period correct color with stock wheels, or maybe a nice modern color. Extremely open to suggestions.

I seen those SSS,s painted red or that burnt orange color Datsun had in the day. I'm sure a google will find a paint chart for that car. There is a vintage J-car website that has proven interesting.

Nice guitar collection. I decided to go another route with mine. I collect the cheapo guitars from the 70s and there abouts. I have a Hi-Lo Fender Strat copy and a Aria Pro XX, which is similar to a Flying V. They initially were bought to take as props to karaoke. (See avatar name). Now I keep an eye out for them as they are really cheap at rummage sales and look cool.

I seen those SSS,s painted red or that burnt orange color Datsun had in the day. I'm sure a google will find a paint chart for that car. There is a vintage J-car website that has proven interesting.

i've got a couple saved.

http://datsun510grilles.webs.com/datsun510paintcolours.htm

http://www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=19799

Unfortunately, Looks like Datsun was made to be motorized. Not much suspension nor interior detail. Too bad its so hard to find a Revell 510 kit "cheap".

post-11755-0-32884900-1364651662_thumb.j

Ran to my "local" Hobby Town just to pick up a jar of pain and came home with this. A few jars of paint, work stand, some body paint for the Nova, some "supports" for the faux sunroof that I hope to put on the Nova and the new 41' Willys Street Rod kit. It looks pretty basic but that is fine, I'm just getting back into the hobby.

In the last week, I've purchased the AMT retro style box reissue '67 Shelby, the '72 Opel GT, an unbuilt Johan Petty Superbird (molded in bright green, thinking about a street machine w/ 6 pack hood scoop), a rebuildable MPC '80 Volare 'Fuzz Duster' (been looking for one of those for years), and an unbuilt AMT Subaru Brat (been looking for one of those for years also).

Got this from ebay.

Esci Range Rover 1:24. Model of the first gen 2door.

Tamyia 500SEC Lorinser 1:24. This was built.

John Player Special gold color decals for 1:24/1:25.

Top Studio air funnel & velocity stacks for v12 engines.

1970 Pontiac Firebird 1:24 from Revell.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...