Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Heres my haul for the last couple weeks the promos are for a used car lot dio im plannin on building one of these days plus a motorworks nascar diorama set tol

I plan on doing the same thing with some promos.

I LOVE the color on that Dooley.

Well, another NNL East has come & gone. Our friend Tom Geiger & the Tri State guys pulled off another great show. Weather was a little chilly waiting to get in, but it wasn't raining. In the Contests & Shows section I posted pictures from the display room. Beautiful stuff! Plenty of vendors to take your money too. Aside from purchasing the usual supplies (tape, paint, build materials, etc) I found some really nice wheels and a cute future project.

NNLEast13033-vi.jpg

The Dodge Lancer is an un-painted original `62 Revell kit that's going to be a shockingly hideous build in the near future. Only $30!

NNLEast13036-vi.jpg

I also found some scale guitars I couldn't resist. I'll modify one into a copy of my Fender Precision Bass.

NNLEast13037-vi.jpg

Now, these really got my attention. Steve Zimmerman sells these through his Facebook page. I don't do FB so what ever it takes to find him is time worth spent. These are SHARP!!!!

NNLEast13035-vi.jpg

NNLEast13034-vi.jpg

I think I see a set of those wheels on that Lancer.... B)

Nice haul John!

You stole that ugly (in a good way) Lancer :o

Steve's rims are nice, I gotta order some...

I always search out the odd-ball stuff. This is a nice clean survivor of an undeniably ugly car. It's in the freezer as I type getting ready for dis-assembly. I might swap a few parts from a Magnum Wagon in to update this crate. I'm also using a set of Steve's beautiful shoes. I got to him after he was picked over and what I found left on the rack were beautiful. I might have my Wife contact him through FB to see what I missed!

Edited by FASTBACK340

Here is my haul from Desert Scale Classic today, I bought the Aston Kit from AzTom from here, thank you Tom

I bought more paint from Scale Finishes then kits

first the kits, I paid $10 for the 510 , sealed, paid $16 for the Aston, and $20 for the Mitsu

IMG_0094_zps050daaeb.jpg

and my paint haul, now, the bottom of clear was free, very nice of Scale Finishes to give it to me for free to try out

IMG_0095_zps491880b8.jpg

Edited by martinfan5

Slowly building my stash back up after losing everything in 2011 from being in the hospital for 6 months..

Fleetline and Nova came from Hobby Lobby

Paid 18 bucks for the Fleetline with a 40 off coopin...

Glasshouse came from a friend in a trade for me doing some paint work for him

image-30_zpsa3ac2931.jpg

65 wagon came from Hobby Lobby... Don't mind my ugly mug

image-30_zps6d003866.jpg

And the best surprise came yesterday... A close friend/brother was suppose to send me a car to paint up for him and opened the package and this was inside instead to find out he tricked me and got me a gift since I love old Bugs so much (this makes bug number 6)

image-30_zps350a85f3.jpg

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...