Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Two engines and some turbos from VCG Resins (Excelent customer service there)

AMT 51 Chevy convertible.

65 Chevy Biscayne 2 door,resin model from ebay. Not sure who make it,no info on that.

Tamyia Mercedes 500SEC.

Tamyia Honda NSX-R.

4 Cans Tamyia spray paint. Blue metallic,Copper metallic,Gun metal black and one clear.

Today I was in NJ for my club meeting and stopped at Avenel Hobbies afterwards. I needed to get some Tamiya candy lime paint to finish a paint job (someone said you never get a complete model out of a can of Tamiya spray), so I stopped for that. I am working on a Dodge Caravan and needed to get some grays for the interior. I had my 1:1 with me so I was bringing cans outside to compare to the actual interior. Wound up buying 3 different tones. Figure with the Duplicolor paints I bought for the body, I must have $50 into paint for this snap kit! And the shop had bought a collection so I got a '65 Chevy step side pickup for $15. It was a funny thing that I had several of that pickup, all with the fleet sides, so I wanted a step side.

It's been a good week:

Fireball Roberts '57 Ford

'57 Ford Custom 2n1

1/16th Petty Charger

Buddy Baker K&K Insurance Decals for the 1/16th

Moebius Tim Flock '55 Chrysler 300

Buck Baker Kiekhaffer decals for the Moebius '56 Chrysler when it comes out

Revell Syclone
Polar Lights Mystery Machine (for a special little guy I can build it with)

Oh and non-modelling stuff, got the first and second seasons of Game of Thrones for $10 off Craigslist.

Edited by hpiguy

Got these all last week

Resin Bodies

1966 Long Nose Dart Funny Car

1965 Coronet A/FX Hardtop

2- sets of A/FX drag slicks

2-sets of goodyear slicks

3 hilborn manifolds

2 sets of 15" stacks

2 sets of 10" stacks

1 set of leaf springs

All from Speed City

Also got in the mail we were the ramchargers book

and a few cans of model master spray paint from Hobby Lobby when we were down in Buffalo

Did a craigslist deal this morning.

Revell '99 Ford SVT F-150 Lightning (bad box, complete kit bagged inside)

Revellogram #3 Dale Jr. AC Delco race car (factory sealed)

Testors/Lincoln Mint Ultra Metal Series '69 GTO Judge (bad box, but complete kit)

Got all three kits for $15 and the seller has close to 1000 more kits to post yet. I'll definitely be in contact with him for more later...before they hit craigslist.

**Not sure if I want to keep the Jr. car. I know race cars are hard to trade, but if I decide to, keep a look out for it in the kit trading threads if you're interested. Otherwise PM me and we can work something out.

Edited by The70judgeman

Revell '99 Ford SVT F-150 Lightning (bad box, complete kit bagged inside)

the seller has close to 1000 more kits to post yet. I'll definitely be in contact with him for more later...before they hit craigslist.

Why didn't you make the deal for the 1000 kits, save him the posting?

Nick, did you acquire a Magnum? I'm also trying to figure out what that other taillight is off of?

Charlie Larkin

Charlie, no the tail lights are for a friend, there from a '79 XE, the other taillight is from a '67 Polara, also for a friend.

What # stall on the converter nick?

I don't remember Mark, it's from Converter Man, I wanted something a little beefier, also went with a .500 boost valve and Corvette Servo's....................along with a few other goodies.

Nick

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...