Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

What how can you get one for free

I'm such a nice person, people just give me stuff.

OK. How about something believable? I'm an IPMS member and I volunteered to be part of their Reviewer Corps. Once approved, I can request a kit from a published list. I get 2 months to build, take some pics, and write a review. I already did a '56 Ford and '66 Chevelle station wagon. You know the old saying, "If it's for free, it's for me".

It's a 99' S-10 4 cyl 5 speed. Pretty fun little truck and it's my first car. Oh an I also learned how to drive stick today...

Cool! Happy first car. I see you learned to drive the stick out of necessity! :) No fear, you'll like it!

I learned to drive a stick pretty much the same way. I had started working with a company that was giving me a company car to make deliveries. Someone dropped me off at the dealer to pick it up. I went outside with the keys and discovered it was a stick shift. A salesman gave me the five minute lesson in the parking lot and sent me on my way! Yea, I broke in that brand new clutch really well! By evening I was driving it.

TeeVee_dune_buggy_box-vi.jpg

A kit from eBay for my Dune Buggy collection. I saw it ending at $12.00 and had to bid. All told, bought it for less than $20 including postage! Seller said in the auction text that he wasn't sure if it was complete, etc. I looked at the picture of the parts laid out and saw all the unique parts. So I figured I could always supplement it with parts from another AMT duner kit. Funny thing, I went through the whole kit this evening and it's missing one shock absorber!

I'm such a nice person, people just give me stuff.

OK. How about something believable? I'm an IPMS member and I volunteered to be part of their Reviewer Corps. Once approved, I can request a kit from a published list. I get 2 months to build, take some pics, and write a review. I already did a '56 Ford and '66 Chevelle station wagon. You know the old saying, "If it's for free, it's for me".

Hmm that i wouldnt mind doing :)

My pull for the day. Made a little visit to my local Harbor Freight. Couldn't pass up the $40 3 Gal. Oilless Air Compressor with 100 PSI. Also picked up this cheap rotary tool with 80 pieces for $8 and 3 tubes of Super Glue for $1.

Be my first time trying an airbrush so I figured I would stay on the low budget end of things for now.

IMG_20130824_182727_zps40f02b59.jpg

My pull for the day. Made a little visit to my local Harbor Freight. Couldn't pass up the $40 3 Gal. Oilless Air Compressor with 100 PSI. Also picked up this cheap rotary tool with 80 pieces for $8 and 3 tubes of Super Glue for $1.

I kept getting ads for Harbor Freight in the mail and thought it was just for the mail order operation, but I recently discovered that I have a local store in Downingtown, PA. So I'm in big trouble :lol:

I kept getting ads for Harbor Freight in the mail and thought it was just for the mail order operation, but I recently discovered that I have a local store in Downingtown, PA. So I'm in big trouble :lol:

My Harbor Freight is about 45 Min. from where I live. When I go, I try my best to make sure I have an Ad so I know what I'm going for and I know I'm spending over $50 to make it worth my time. But I love Harbor Freight.

My Harbor Freight is about 45 Min. from where I live. When I go, I try my best to make sure I have an Ad so I know what I'm going for and I know I'm spending over $50 to make it worth my time. But I love Harbor Freight.

You can sign up for the emails as well. They'll send you the normal ads/coupons and special offers.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...