Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Just arrived. So far, she looks to be a very nicely proportioned representation of the real car. I had intended to convert it to an S II coupe (the Revellogram / Aurora coupes bite and I couldn't find a Heller...) to model a full-scale client's car I just completed, but this model is so nice, I may have to build it close to stock. The wheels leave a little to be desired, but the tires are nice, and i think will fit the better wires in the Revell Jag kit.

Image result for heller jaguar e type 1/24

Went to HL (75th and Bell ) today to see what they had in clearance given all the other's who have found some good kits.

Not so lucky here. Seems that the clearance model kits go quick here.I see more when they are on the first price drop that matches the coupon, but hardly ever see any at a lower price later on. 

Only had two different kits, one had several copies left and the other just the one  I bought. I REALLY wanted to buy something on clearance. I had hoped to find the 65 Grand Prix. But nope.

Revell 37 Ford Coupe Street Rod (only one) and the MPC Fuzzduster. That one they had a few left. I really didn't want either one, but at $8.99 for the Ford and $10.79 for the FD I figured why not. I had $20 burning a hole in my pocket for models. Will I ever build them is another question. Might be good for parts or just for those times when I want to build but don't care about mistakes.

This store did have a couple of Tamiya tanks (about $18), some brand of helicopter and a couple of Star Trek (but not the Enterprise) kits.

They also had a railroad track set I would love to have gotten for about$65 (down from $180), but didn't have that kind of money and don't have a place to set one up anyway.

I noticed a few new kits in the model aisle, like the Coke T (proper name is?), the 57 Black Widow, Prudomme dragster, and a few others. Wanted these, but decided to get two kits for the price of one with a coupon since the clearance kits won't be there next week, but these new ones should still be around for a while. 

Russ

Edited by russosborne
spelling

Local toy show. Moebius '65 Plymouth, new in box: $15. Revell '68 Charger, new in box: $10. VERY nice diecast '71 Mustang Mach 1, black: $5. Slightly distressed Chezoom diecast: $8. Two Corvette diecasts, red '63 and a beautiful 5G of some kind, $5 each. Not a bad day.

Got a random text from a friend as I was heading over to Sam's Club wanting to know if I was interested in the unfinished '97-'01 XJ Cherokee body from the Axial SCX10-2 he picked up recently, said sure and he just met me at Sam's and gave it to me for FREE!

20171001_143411.jpg

Edited by Joe Handley

Thanks for the link,wasn't expecting that price,but i'll save my pennies and still buy at least one,apparently you're limited to one per household:huh:

Most boutique resin kits out of Japan are very limited production. This is also the first time Scale Model Creators has been carried by a "major" vendor that has sold their product outside of Japan. Usually if you want their stuff you have to catch it when they put it up on Yahoo! Japan Auctions which is sort their home market equivalent to eBay - which itself requires using an English language proxy bidding service.

The casting itself is very nice, on par with a Hobby Design or Plamoz type of quality. The registration on the decals is kind of weak, but all the emblems are also on the P/E fret.

Edited by niteowl7710

new_buys_2.thumb.jpg.5e83df93c2bc9a5c861

Arrived this week from Spotlight Hobbies... they had these on sale. Got four just for the slant 6 engines.

new_buys_1.thumb.jpg.3528ab80d6f03e1bf4a

I received the GMC pickup via the "Pay It Forward" thread. Thanks Allen!

Bought the Foose pickup and the Speedwagon kit at the Diversified Scalerz Show this past Saturday!

Got the Speedwagon on sale, somehow it's a slow sell.  People either think it's metal since it says "Dan Fink Metalworks" or they just don't understand that it has the superb Revell  chassis under it!

Today was like a late birthday or an early Christmas. First - got the Little Red Wagon kit from Mike Mackie on the Pay it Forward thread; then stopped at Hobby Lobby and found the (old MPC) '60 Vette on double markdown to $10.79 - the only kit on double markdown there. Finally, on Saturday and today I received two big boxes of kits and parts that were stashed at my friend's house in CA when I had to move out. My friend passed away back in April, but his partner was the executor of the estate and thankfully took the trouble to ship them to me. In the batch is a '32 Caddy phaeton, most if not all of a Monogram Mack Bulldog log truck, MPC (Airfix) 1/32 early MG and Alfa Romeo, about a car-and-a-half worth of AMT '57 Ford parts, a '58 Plymouth (bought before I learned what a cluster@#$% it was) and a hopefully still complete '63 Bonneville 'vert builder. The other box had a ton of vintage parts I'd collected; mostly custom bits but I did spot a Cool-Pack air conditioner that's just what I need for the '61 Tempest I'm working on. I should cast a few of them up; the part is from the '63 Tempest kit but they were used in other early Pontiac compacts and Chevy pickups.

Edited by ChrisBcritter

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...