Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

1 hour ago, ChrisBcritter said:

Oh yes there was, sort of:

The ITC kit. Looks like the grille and taillights on Tom's kit may have been copied/sourced from it, but he'll still need the dash and hubcaps.

Ok, I stand corrected........sort of.

I usually don't take things like Palmer kits into consideration, & this looks a little like Palmer light.

Steve

On 27/06/2018 at 5:36 PM, Modlbldr said:

Picked up this 51 Ford rebuilder for dirt cheap (to me, anyway) the other day and just got it in the mail yesterday. I've never seen a 51 before so I am excited to have it. Other than a top, it is complete.

Later-

I have a spare stock top from an original release 50 if its any use to you? Never painted and has glass too.

got a few kits in the mail today.
pUq257Q.jpg
Lay8vO2.jpg
IoVCS4H.jpg
ljyh8DK.jpg
kOXF8JZ.jpg
jEfbFg4.jpg
jYJCr0a.jpg
SvMQIbJ.jpg
62 bonneville is missing some parts as you see in the pics,if enyone have those,and dont need them,let me know.
66 galaxie have broken b pillar,and really bad Box
58 impala have also broken b pillar,but i have resin delivery body i will use on this one.
Mercury looks Complete
63 nova is missing some small parts,need to look closer what it is

Picked these two up at the HL by the Naperville, IL Secretary of State office while I was down there getting the plate sticker for my Jeep.......kinda irked though, I bought another 914/6 kit two weeks ago at the Batavia, IL store with the 40% off coupon and still paid twice what this 914/6 did today........

20180630_100112.jpg

Edited by Joe Handley
forgot to post picture.

9 hours ago, oter11 said:
pUq257Q.jpg
Lay8vO2.jpg
IoVCS4H.jpg
ljyh8DK.jpg
62 bonneville is missing some parts as you see in the pics,if enyone have those,and dont need them,let me know.
Mercury looks Complete

The Mercury looks exceptionally nice!

The Pontiac looks like a promo with the hood cut open to me.

Check out my post in the "Trading Post" under the heading, "Vintage AMT & Johan kit bodies & parts".

I have a couple of '62 Bonneville convertibles for trade with lots of parts to go with them.

Steve

13 hours ago, oter11 said:
pUq257Q.jpg

Looks like your Bonneville has a '61-'62 Impala interior

On 6/28/2018 at 10:48 AM, paul alflen said:

I THINK THE MODELHOUS MADE A CONVERSION KIT CONSISTING OF GRILLE AND BUMPERS FOR A 5O OR 51 CRESTLINER? HELP ME OUT HERE GUYS!!!!!!!!!

Yes they did, and I was able to get one before they closed up shop.  It also has the correct hood and dash for the '51.  I'll be combining those parts with a 1950 Ford convertible kit which is in my large TO DO  pile.

I was also able to get Modelhaus' '52 Chevy conversion parts which I'll use on an AMT '51 Chevy kit, also in my TO DO pile.

I got this one in the mail today. Had the original when I was a kid. This is probably a re-issue as I was sure the canopy was molded in white, but glue fumes may have dulled my memory. 

Still sealed. Or at least it was.. ?

Ps. I bothered to look at the instructions... 1996 yep reissue.

I got this one in the mail today. Had the original when I was a kid. This is probably a re-issue as I was sure the canopy was molded in white, but glue fumes may have dulled my memory. 

Still sealed. Or at least it was.. ?

Ps. I bothered to look at the instructions... 1996 yep reissue.

On 6/28/2018 at 11:48 AM, Modlbldr said:

Nice looking old build Chris. Looks like I do have the hubcaps but not the dash or wheel you have. I also have the 50 Convertible chassis, which is much better.

http://IMG_20180628_074237129.jpg

http://IMG_20180628_074421532.jpg

Later-

Tom, looks to me like what you got there is an AMT '50 convertible with the '51 grille, tail lights and hubcaps.  Modelhaus did sell a conversion for the AMT kit and I think they also sold most, if not all of the pieces separately. That may be where the '51 parts came from. 

On a '51, the side trim wraps all the way around the rear. And the cut lines for the rear tires is a dead giveaway that it's the AMT body.

Hobby Lobby was ripe for the picking in Latham, New York today. The Ford truck was 40% off. The rest were all marked down to $7.49. The 1/32 scale Mustang was $5.99. Spray paints were $1.49 for Testors and $1.79 Model Master. The box of acrylics was $2.48. The Sparmax compressor was $49.00. I bought it to try air brushing and hoping I made a good choice. Sanding sticks were $1.99. The white plastic drawers. Salvation Army for $2.99. Should be good for parts or whatnot. And it looked like some new kits were in. 

todayimage1.jpeg

Edited by ewetwo
spelling

On 6/30/2018 at 6:49 AM, oter11 said:

66 galaxie have broken b pillar,and really bad Box
58 impala have also broken b pillar,but i have resin delivery body i will use on this one.
Mercury looks Complete
63 nova is missing some small parts,need to look closer what it is

Nice buy though.

Quote:  "The white plastic drawers. Salvation Army for $2.99. Should be good for parts or whatnot. "

IMG 2979

It's origin is Walmart.  I believe it was $5-6 new.  That's where I got mine.  Handy little unit.

IMG 2980

It's my sandpaper bin on my workbench.  I made cardboard drawer dividers.  I cut my sandpaper up to 1" x 1" squares on my cutting board.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tom Geiger said:

Quote:  "The white plastic drawers. Salvation Army for $2.99. Should be good for parts or whatnot. "

IMG 2979

It's origin is Walmart.  I believe it was $5-6 new.  That's where I got mine.  Handy little unit.

IMG 2980

It's my sandpaper bin on my workbench.  I made cardboard drawer dividers.  I cut my sandpaper up to 1" x 1" squares on my cutting board.

I have 3 of these little units, very handy..

On ‎30‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 5:05 PM, BKF said:

Managed to find these at a nearby Hobbytown store a few days ago. Hopefully my lack of building space will be remedied before the end of the year and I can get to building.

20180629_171910 (2).jpg

Good fine Brian , these are getting very hard to find and the price is only going up !

On 6/28/2018 at 10:48 AM, paul alflen said:

I THINK THE MODELHOUS MADE A CONVERSION KIT CONSISTING OF GRILLE AND BUMPERS FOR A 5O OR 51 CRESTLINER? HELP ME OUT HERE GUYS!!!!!!!!!

Indeed they did. That was another one of those items I forgot to ask about when I placed my last order with them. I don't think it was listed in their last catalog (might be wrong about that), but they've done "special requests" orders in the past when something was no longer available.  AFAIK, the roof section wasn't available----perhaps a Carson top, but not the stock one.

I'd love to do a Victoria hardtop someday using Lindberg's '53 Ford roof...........but the grille and taillights....I may have to heavily modify a '50 one if I can never find the conversion.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...