Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)


Recommended Posts

7 hours ago, SfanGoch said:

886829703_imcfordgt.jpg.524f45696964fcbffe128b9d25514d9a.jpg

756180667_imcfordgt2.jpg.8b090ca34fde3bf4a95580b6bb30ebe3.jpg

 

Since there was only one other bid on this resin '67 Fury, I got it cheap. I wasn't about to blow a wad on an original Johan kit.

1974940978_67fury.jpg.343c77b6c175c0c8ceee1d0f19623075.jpg

1193597934_67fury2.jpg.9e05d4150f17d6cfc5c20e2c02c65e9c.jpg

2146346311_67fury3.jpg.13b9ff53bc1528d7c9b904eaa17c5414.jpg

1803602030_67fury4.jpg.97508badafa4454305457dba1129b9e3.jpg

I came within a half a second of bidding on the Plymouth. Talked meself out of it, as I have bids on other stuff, and have hit the Buy It Now button too many times, lately.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, unclescott58 said:

What scale is this? 

1/24.  I plan to use the Shelby Collectibles diecast chassis and other parts.  It's a little rough and thick compared to say the excellent resin kits from HRM but I think it will look decent finished.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/3/2020 at 5:29 PM, lordairgtar said:

If I only knew how to get pics off my darned phone. Yesterday I got in the mail a 71 AMC wagon from Too Many Projects and a 66 Buick Skylark body which was painted white and I believe it to be a resin mold, possibly from Modelhaus. The wagon from TMP is just awesome.

Greg how do I contact Too Many Projects?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, SfanGoch said:

886829703_imcfordgt.jpg.524f45696964fcbffe128b9d25514d9a.jpg

756180667_imcfordgt2.jpg.8b090ca34fde3bf4a95580b6bb30ebe3.jpg

 

Since there was only one other bid on this resin '67 Fury, I got it cheap. I wasn't about to blow a wad on an original Johan kit.

1974940978_67fury.jpg.343c77b6c175c0c8ceee1d0f19623075.jpg

1193597934_67fury2.jpg.9e05d4150f17d6cfc5c20e2c02c65e9c.jpg

2146346311_67fury3.jpg.13b9ff53bc1528d7c9b904eaa17c5414.jpg

1803602030_67fury4.jpg.97508badafa4454305457dba1129b9e3.jpg

I was watching that Fury on eBay - what's your take on the quality?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

From what I see in the photos, the casting quality looks good. Smooth, thin and no discernible surface blemishes. I won't really know until I get it in my hands, though.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, SfanGoch said:

From what I see in the photos, the casting quality looks good. Smooth, thin and no discernible surface blemishes. I won't really know until I get it in my hands, though.

 

It's nice to see that the caster included some inner front fender wells.

That's one of the more time consuming changes to make on the original Johan kit when doing a chassis swap.

I also see that he added a front bench seat.

 

It will be interesting to see what the quality of those parts is like.

 

 

 

Steve

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/8/2020 at 12:18 PM, cobraman said:

This arrived yesterday 

73548781-0D1C-435A-AB8D-55E5A46DAB99.jpeg

You might be able to keep the hood vents and with some other modifications build a model of the 1970 Mustang Milano concept car.

BB13mn74.jpeg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 hours ago, lordairgtar said:

Look on Facebook, type in Too Many Projects in the search bar.

A terrible site on Facebook. I could not make out heads or tails on there of what he was making or selling? I just would like to see a simple list of what he is making and offering in resin. Maybe with some prices. From what I could see on the page, there were a lot of good looking models. But, what are they? And if they are his resins for sale, what do they come with? And are they even available?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

i have to agree with you, Scott. Some of those FB model related pages are just too ponderous to wade through and painful to read. It's an ordeal just to find out if the guy is actually selling stuff or even find a price list for/detailed description of pictured items.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, unclescott58 said:

A terrible site on Facebook. I could not make out heads or tails on there of what he was making or selling? I just would like to see a simple list of what he is making and offering in resin. Maybe with some prices. From what I could see on the page, there were a lot of good looking models. But, what are they? And if they are his resins for sale, what do they come with? And are they even available?

Pretty easy to find.  There is a pinned post from January at the top of his page with the price list of resin kits.  Photos are in his photo albums.  And he recently had a post taking orders for May. 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

   I have been fortunate enough to be able

to scoop up some goodies lately.

  My spidey senses have been sending me

around to Facebook sites that have all the

weird kits that I have been wanting for a

while here!

100_6331.JPG

100_6355.JPG

100_6353.JPG

100_6263.JPG

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Rob Hall said:

Pretty easy to find.  There is a pinned post from January at the top of his page with the price list of resin kits.  Photos are in his photo albums.  And he recently had a post taking orders for May. 

 

 

All I found on his Facebook page were lots of nice photos. With little, to no information. And a button to contact him. Contact him for what? I don't really know if he's offering anything I'm exactly interested in. From the photos I'm guessing he is. But, I'm not really sure from the his Facebook page is setup. At least that's what I found when I went there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The '62 Newport body got here Saturday; no glue on it at all. Now to spread out the 2 1/3 Revell Chryslers and figure out what to do. Casting up some revised wheelcovers will be Job 1, most likely.

I noticed Revell made a running change on this kit - some of them have "C H R Y S L E R"  in embossed letters in the grille surround; some don't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Arrived this afternoon, finally got my hands on a 56 Del Ray, there like rocking horse poo to find this side of the pond, Cheers Tom (Modlbldr)....

20200511_135637.jpg

Edited by GeeBee
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, cobraman said:

Got this Flintstone resin body . Now if I could remember why ? 

Apparently at some point you wanted to build a supercharged '33-'34 Ford. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...