Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Went to Hobby Lobby, still no '67 Chevy 4-door.

I did pick up a set of Metalizer paint: Testors Model Master "Fantasy War Figure Colors."  These are lacquer paints.  I'm not sure how much longer they will be around, so I'm hoarding. 

The set is a bottle of lacquer thinner and 5 paints: Flat Brass, Flat Aluminum, Flat Steel, Flat Gun Metal, and Flat Burnt Iron. Full retail price is $24.99. I used the handy 40% off coupon on my phone, so it was $15.89.

testors_fwf.jpg

7 hours ago, PatW said:

photo1-th.jpg

I've seen one of the online UK retailers has these on special offer, but I don't know much about the real thing - I presume they're intended as a replacement for the Toyota Crowns and Nissan Cedrics?

5 hours ago, Modlbldr said:

Got my Z kit in hand today. The kit is complete and looks great. I think it will be a fun one. The tires are two piece Good years. Never seen them before.

That looks good, certainly more detailed than the Monogram 280Z I'm doing at present! You've got the engine with triple carb's, what looks to be reasonably detailed suspension and those great wheels. I was looking at my Hasegawa and Fujimi Farlady/Z kits in the week and they don't have that level of detail. The bodyshell looks decent too, it doesn't appear to suffer the 'hooded' effect the Monogram kit has, where the front edge of the roof above the windscreen appears to dip down.

11 hours ago, PatW said:

photo1-th.jpg

photo-th.jpg

I'm looking forward to these decals!

I've opened both boxes...

The taxi has the side door open or closed, I think  mine will be open.

The  Nascar kit is suitably detailed. The decals are in amazingly 'new' condition, so great fun there laying those up. The body colour is supposed to be Purple so a new spray can is about to land today!

I'm also going to try.................

photo-th.jpg

If I need to lower the front as most of the NASCAR kits ride high.

Edited by PatW

FINALLY got a '67 SN Impala. Got tired of waiting for HL to come through and ordered it from Model Roundup. Also got the reissued dirt track '65 Chevelle and '66 Impala, which I am planning to do as a new style I call "refugees from the racetrack loose on the street." :lol:

Also received my order of over $100 worth of Model Master paints, prolly the last I'll ever be able to buy other than what's left at HL. 2020 has been a very sad year in many ways. :(

My wife's stepfather passed away last Friday in Jackson KY. He was 75 years old and dabbled a bit in model cars. Although he had bad arthritis in both hands, it did not stop him from building. He had a green '68 or '69 Dodge Charger he bought new after he got out of the Navy and he built a nice model of it that his wife still has. His wife, my mother in-law, gave me these. He started on the '32 and '48 Fords but a few of the boxes are still unopened. I want to complete a few of them and give them to his two sons, my wife and mother in-law.

IMG_3242.thumb.jpg.020082dcb48344f51cf99ec208e3c8b5.jpg

IMG_3244.thumb.jpg.d70696ce0e8bc618c6c490ae87e33834.jpg

713250869_IMG_3245(1).thumb.jpg.cbf727ac1057605406839f04f4a9ba99.jpg

IMG_3246.thumb.jpg.fc479dbbe9bf4edbac33e22ee7acf6e8.jpg

This week's arrivals:

50172917861_b2ea7691f7_b.jpg

1:24 Hasegawa Subaru Impreza Sports Wagon WRX kit by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

Always good to get a wagon.

50172371418_b2b1871728_b.jpg

1:24 Tamiya Alpine Renault A110 Monte Carlo kit by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

Had one of these in the past but traded it for a load of Tamiya TS spray cans. Very nice kit, always regretted moving it on so was pleased to find this one. Has been started, but nothing too significant and the important bits are intact.

50172376563_27b9800261_b.jpg

1:24 Tamiya Toyota Celica kit by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

50173178967_20af0c6fa9_b.jpg

1:24 Tamiya Toyota Celica kit by Spottedlaurel, on Flickr

Ouch. It turned out this was damaged before being shipped to me, the seller genuinely didn't realise and very amicably gave me a partial refund. Might be repairable, I've got nothing to lose by trying.

These hoods are from Lex's Scale Modeling:

DSC04073-vi.jpg

Left to right....1971 Dodge Charger...1967 Chevy Impala...1970 Chevy Monte Carlo.

I got the following parts to replace the bad ones in a kit I already had:

DSC04067-vi.jpg

These are supposedly from the new release of the '65 GTO.

I also got these extra bits from another seller at the same time. Ya never know which ones you'll "win"!

DSC04070-vi.jpg

The headlights from both of these look pretty good.

DSC04071-vi.jpg

Certainly better than the one from the kit I already had:

DSC04072-vi.jpg

Edited by Bucky

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...