Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum
CaseyG83

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Recommended Posts

I  picked  up  the  Moebius 1967  Ford  service  bed pickup  now  just need  the  Moebius  67  Ford  pick  up if  they made one

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Can-Con said:

I love the Electra kit, although a very worn out mould it builds up into such a nice looking model i had to get another!

If you have 2 of those kits, you can build a stretched '62 Buick limo!

Buicklimo_1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just got back from another pleasant meeting with the LMMCC, and brought home a few goodies:

IMG_0330.JPG.e64ae365a8437c8bb49a08149c8ad622.JPG

The Courier is complete and untouched; the T (raffle prize) is sealed, and the Deuce I got to put the interior into an AMT '32 Tudor body - and maybe swap the Phaeton body onto the Show 'n' Go chassis. Someone was giving away a bunch of paint so I got a couple cans of Testor's Copper that haven't leaked. Yet.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, GeeBee said:

Cheers Mark for the info ' 

The Jenkins issue had a bench seat also, the other issues do not..Don't know about the newest release

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ChrisBcritter said:

Just got back from another pleasant meeting with the LMMCC, and brought home a few goodies:

Good to see that version of the Courier - I'd far rather be building that than the stepside I've very mildly started.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Mike999 said:

If you have 2 of those kits, you can build a stretched '62 Buick limo!

Buicklimo_1.jpg

I have been thinking of doing something similar, like an airport vehicle. Love those things.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

While we were on our annual anniversary weekend respite, my wife insisted upon purchasing a pair of display cases for me as an anniversary gift.

I'm sure mainly because she was tired of seeing stacks of plastic cased models sitting on the family room floor. :P

 

She wanted antique furniture, and I wanted display cases, so we both got what we wanted. ;)

 

There is room for the addition of up to 3 more shelves in the table top unit, and I will likely figure out adjustments in the floor unit to raise the models up higher for easier viewing with the doors closed.

I'll also very likely add some lighting to both cabinets as well. :)

 

image.jpeg.60d95fad53f5283d27618c0a75bdb63f.jpeg

image.jpeg.d71ffa3910216d3f509a9b9e6e274c70.jpeg

image.jpeg.d1ffbb2e1540613c56d5e38e0307db95.jpeg

image.jpeg.54a8e792aecd7f51f9aefb93dc01efbe.jpeg

image.jpeg.bb0daa3f0df999b840bda79c51288bc4.jpeg

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Steve

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

While we were on our annual anniversary weekend respite, my wife insisted upon purchasing a pair of display cases for me as an anniversary gift.

I'm sure mainly because she was tired of seeing stacks of plastic cased models sitting on the family room floor. :P

 

She wanted antique furniture, and I wanted display cases, so we both got what we wanted. ;)

 

There is room for the addition of up to 3 more shelves in the table top unit, and I will likely figure out adjustments in the floor unit to raise the models up higher for easier viewing with the doors closed.

I'll also very likely add some lighting to both cabinets as w

Steve

Great looking cases Steven. I would suggest that you run strips of felt around those doors to help seal out dust when closed. I have yet to see a good looking display case that did not let some dust in, and you do such excellent work I would hate to see that happen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds like a win win to me. Nice thing about the glass doors is that they will cut down on the house dust and I think Mark's idea of the felt door seals would help a lot on that issue. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

While we were on our annual anniversary weekend respite, my wife insisted upon purchasing a pair of display cases for me as an anniversary gift.

 

image.jpeg.d71ffa3910216d3f509a9b9e6e274c70.jpeg

 

 

 

 

If you need even more shelves, you could drill holes inside of that barrister's bookcase that would take adjustable shelf pins. It looks like there's room for one or possibly two more (glass?) shelves. A piece of pegboard makes a good jig for lining up the holes. Just don't drill all the way thru the cabinet!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got these over the weekend..

Porsche from eBay, added the burban to the group ( of other 66s)from trade with Paintandwrenches. 

 

IMG_20200920_195333257.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got this in a trade yesterday:

1C0F93BD-71DE-4270-BB50-36FA5431BCCB.thumb.jpeg.73c0d054aa8e7f30485b544d5a11edeb.jpeg

Been wanting to build a few of these AMT hot rod kits box-stock, but also I can imagine myself saving all the T parts aside from the body and making a frame for it and ending up with an almost-total scratchbuilt/kitbashed effort along the lines of this build by @tim boyd.  Then, with the remainder I’d have a T chassis and running gear to build a narrow-bodied board track racer or something out of, which is another project I’ve had in mind for a while now.

Of course, I’ll need ANOTHER of these kits then so that I can build the hot rod version of this kit as AMT intended, but there’s no law against buying kits, luckily.

Found a cool hobby store nearby to our new place too this week...picked up a few little bits and pieces I needed of paint and glue - they had one lonely bottle of Testors clear enamel left so I grabbed that seeing as it’ll soon be REALLY hard to find - they had good stocks of all kinds of other Testor’s stuff though!

 

7CEA0B15-852D-4648-9CC3-4ECCC5ED7C20.jpeg

D6C01DA4-C240-41D7-BA9D-F2A261B75367.jpeg

EF4F31FB-B518-4B3B-8585-AA72B08F09C1.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, CabDriver said:

Of course, I’ll need ANOTHER of these kits then so that I can build the hot rod version of this kit as AMT intended, but there’s no law against buying kits, luckily.

If you want the dropped front axle and other hot rod chassis parts, you'll need to find another kit exactly like the one you just got: the early 1980's "white box" re-issue with "2-in-1" on the box.  Or an original double kit with the XR-7, but those are harder to find and more expensive.

When AMT changed this kit to the '27 T police car, they deleted the dropped axle and some other parts.  The hot-rod engine parts for the 4-cylinder are still in that kit, now called the "Police Pursuit" engine. But not the hot-rod chassis stuff.  I think the one you have there, in the white box, was the last release with those parts.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mike999 said:

If you want the dropped front axle and other hot rod chassis parts, you'll need to find another kit exactly like the one you just got: the early 1980's "white box" re-issue with "2-in-1" on the box.  Or an original double kit with the XR-7, but those are harder to find and more expensive.

When AMT changed this kit to the '27 T police car, they deleted the dropped axle and some other parts.  The hot-rod engine parts for the 4-cylinder are still in that kit, now called the "Police Pursuit" engine. But not the hot-rod chassis stuff.  I think the one you have there, in the white box, was the last release with those parts.  

That’s GREAT info, thank you Mike!  Wasn’t aware that the new(er) reissue didn’t include that stuff!  
 

Considering the older version is still available at decent prices on eBay (this one was $10 or so, I think) that doesn’t give a lot of incentive to pick up the newer police version...unless you want to build the police version of course...

Thanks for the tip!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, CabDriver said:

Got this in a trade yesterday:

1C0F93BD-71DE-4270-BB50-36FA5431BCCB.thumb.jpeg.73c0d054aa8e7f30485b544d5a11edeb.jpeg

Been wanting to build a few of these AMT hot rod kits box-stock, but also I can imagine myself saving all the T parts aside from the body and making a frame for it and ending up with an almost-total scratchbuilt/kitbashed effort along the lines of this build by @tim boyd.  Then, with the remainder I’d have a T chassis and running gear to build a narrow-bodied board track racer or something out of, which is another project I’ve had in mind for a while now.

Of course, I’ll need ANOTHER of these kits then so that I can build the hot rod version of this kit as AMT intended, but there’s no law against buying kits, luckily.

Found a cool hobby store nearby to our new place too this week...picked up a few little bits and pieces I needed of paint and glue - they had one lonely bottle of Testors clear enamel left so I grabbed that seeing as it’ll soon be REALLY hard to find - they had good stocks of all kinds of other Testor’s stuff though!

 

 

 

 

Jim...good luck with your project and I'd love to see it when you are finished....TIM 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just unpacked these in a trade with SamIAm (Sam)!

Italeri Willys Jeep (sealed inside)

Bed from the Budweiser Race team truck and several clear showcases (one of which is a build your own).

Thanks Sam!!

Later-

IMG_20200921_182300543.jpg

IMG_20200921_182309819.jpg

IMG_20200921_182322802.jpg

IMG_20200921_182315522.jpg

IMG_20200921_182652951.jpg

IMG_20200921_182713834.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Modlbldr said:

Just unpacked these in a trade with SamIAm (Sam)!

Italeri Willys Jeep (sealed inside)

Later-

IMG_20200921_182300543.jpg

That Italeri Jeep builds up REAL nice and with no headaches whatsoever. Enjoy! B)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/20/2020 at 8:58 PM, 64SS350 said:

Got these over the weekend..

Porsche from eBay, added the burban to the group ( of other 66s)from trade with Paintandwrenches. 

 

IMG_20200920_195333257.jpg

If you can find it Tamiya has  that green for there 1/12 scale kit. I think it will be limited run. There is no other green that is right. The green is called Cobalt Green.

 

Dscf0789.jpg

Edited by 935k3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Snake45 said:

That Italeri Jeep builds up REAL nice and with no headaches whatsoever. Enjoy! B)

Thanks Snake. I was just happy to find one in 1/24 instead of 1/35. Now if I could just find a Deuce and a half or 5 ton in 1/24!

Later-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Modlbldr said:

Thanks Snake. I was just happy to find one in 1/24 instead of 1/35. Now if I could just find a Deuce and a half or 5 ton in 1/24!

Later-

Wespe Models in Romania makes a 1/24 scale GMC Deuce And A Half.  It's resin and expensive.  I think DAN Models in Romania has taken over the Wespe molds, since I'm seeing old Wespe 1/35 scale kits in DAN boxes recently.  There's a thread in the Truck forum about DAN Models. Here's an eBay listing for the GMC.

https://www.ebay.com/p/762926222

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mike999 said:

Wespe Models in Romania makes a 1/24 scale GMC Deuce And A Half.  It's resin and expensive.  I think DAN Models in Romania has taken over the Wespe molds, since I'm seeing old Wespe 1/35 scale kits in DAN boxes recently.  There's a thread in the Truck forum about DAN Models. Here's an eBay listing for the GMC.

https://www.ebay.com/p/762926222

Thanks Mike! Good to know there is one out there. Unfortunately, it is an older style than I'd hoped. Not a bad price for a resin though.

Later-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, 935k3 said:

If you can find it Tamiya has  that green for there 1/12 scale kit. I think it will be limited run. There is no other green that is right. The green is called Cobalt Green.

 

Dscf0789.jpg

Thanks, found some reference photos, Zero paints has some,and I will go see Mike at MCW, I'm sure he'll know.

 

Screenshot_20200922-133515.png

Screenshot_20200922-133902.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 64SS350 said:

Thanks, found some reference photos, Zero paints has some,and I will go see Mike at MCW, I'm sure he'll know.

 

Screenshot_20200922-133515.png

Screenshot_20200922-133902.png

Vaillant green is actually a Volkswagen colour, they were a great customer of ours when I worked for V.A.G UK,  the colour code is Volkswagen L62N Vaillant green.

75735C62-9F30-4EB0-9589-4F7C82C0F9AB.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Stopped at Hobby Lobby to buy some Christmas decorations . I bought this stuff ! I did also get her something . 

FC0B0314-2A6C-4FD1-A267-4366BF895411.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...