Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

On 9/20/2020 at 9:33 PM, CabDriver said:

Found a cool hobby store nearby to our new place too this week...picked up a few little bits and pieces I needed of paint and glue - they had one lonely bottle of Testors clear enamel left so I grabbed that seeing as it’ll soon be REALLY hard to find - they had good stocks of all kinds of other Testor’s stuff though!

7CEA0B15-852D-4648-9CC3-4ECCC5ED7C20.jpeg

Huh, never knew that place existed!  Took a look on Google maps, kind of tucked away back there.

I'll have to stop in there sometime.  Pretty unusual to see a new LHS open up.  Let's hope they stick around.

6 hours ago, Robberbaron said:

Huh, never knew that place existed!  Took a look on Google maps, kind of tucked away back there.

I'll have to stop in there sometime.  Pretty unusual to see a new LHS open up.  Let's hope they stick around.

They were really nice guys too - I’ll definitely be supporting them as best I can!

I stopped at the local Pep Boys to look for something for my Cougar.  On one of the end caps there was a handful of Revell snap kits.  There were three 2013-14 Mustang convertibles (the butterscotch-color ones).  One was marked at $14.99 so I grabbed it.  At checkout the price was $4.99.  I grabbed the other two and bought them too.

6 hours ago, sfhess said:

I stopped at the local Pep Boys to look for something for my Cougar.  On one of the end caps there was a handful of Revell snap kits.  There were three 2013-14 Mustang convertibles (the butterscotch-color ones).  One was marked at $14.99 so I grabbed it.  At checkout the price was $4.99.  I grabbed the other two and bought them too.

Man, that’s a great price, I would not pass them up myself..

2 hours ago, Sam I Am said:

These have trickled in over the past month. Most from trades, one from hobby lobby along with the paint. The bubble wrapped cars are two old Monogram 69 camaros.  I built both versions as a kid, so am happy to have traded for these.

Nice haul Sam! Lol.

Later-

Got some "C" stripes for my AMT 1/43 69 Torino. This guy was mentioned in another decal thread, and I checked him out. I sent him the dimensions of the body, and he scaled down his 1/25 stripes to fit. Seems like a nice guy, very professional, and he answers e-mail right away. The decals look to be kit quality. The registration between the stripes is very clean for such a small size.

https://www.facebook.com/ScaleModeldecals/

http://www.kennyterry.com/

IMG_20200925_135424.jpg

One of the fruits of a recent trade with Keith, (Bucky).

This extremely nice original issue AMT 1966 Plymouth Barracuda kit.

Pretty excited to see what I can do with it! :)

Anybody have a good idea if there is a good chassis and engine swap available from a modern kit?

Looks as if the Revell '69 Dart is a good match, although the chassis is a bit too long.

Any others that anyone knows of?

image.jpeg.00add5eb31b5c223fc8a07adb2a8a43d.jpeg

image.jpeg.a95a787b9c7f43820c3079a19fddb3fd.jpeg

Steve

9 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

Steve

SWEET score! I have a mint unbuilt one in my stash, but I enjoy it too much just that way to ever actually build it. But I shall enjoy your build vicariously and immensely! B)

The Duster underbody would be the way to go for the early Barracuda (and Valiants too).  I've got both a '65 and '66 unbuilt, but will probably keep the original parts.  I might do something about the inner front fenders though.

I've got a '63 Valiant that is getting the chassis plate from an MPC '76 Dart.  That piece fits too, but needs a little trimming at the back end and has no front suspension detail at all.  The MPC LA Dart/Hemi Hunter has an add-on piece that does provide some detail, I might tweak one of those pieces and cast a few copies for my MPC Duster/Dart projects.

The later ('70-up) Barracuda is more of a shortened big car than any relation to the early cars.

10 hours ago, StevenGuthmiller said:

One of the fruits of a recent trade with Keith, (Bucky).

Anybody have a good idea if there is a good chassis and engine swap available from a modern kit?

Looks as if the Revell '69 Dart is a good match, although the chassis is a bit too long.

Any others that anyone knows of?

image.jpeg.a95a787b9c7f43820c3079a19fddb3fd.jpeg

Steve

I built this kit many years ago and used the chassis in the kit to build a model much as you see on the box. The body in your picture looks perfect so sky's the limit on what you can do with it. You know they offered an "S" model with a warmed over 273 v-8 , 4-speed, and some suspension tweaks  with Good Year Blue Streaks.  Just a thought.  

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...