Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum
CaseyG83

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Recommended Posts

On 1/9/2021 at 11:25 PM, Spottedlaurel said:

I really like Opel Mantas, especially the original A (I had a rough one in 1991-92) and the early B with chrome bumpers.

I've got a few photos of it, but there on my computer down in London, I'm stuck up in the Midlands due to the lock down, but it was silver with stripes just like this one i found on the 'net

opel_manta_400.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, GeeBee said:

I've got a few photos of it, but there on my computer down in London, I'm stuck up in the Midlands due to the lock down, but it was silver with stripes just like this one i found on the 'net

opel_manta_400.jpg

a manta sport 400, you lucky man. these were rare right from the start and very few were silver, most were white. One of my friends has a project one and the price of parts is just stupid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just arrived in a massive box with loads of packing. Got it for a good price from jumblies models on ebay

 

DSC06383.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Mattilacken said:

You found those at dollarstore!? Great find! Never found anything like that on my local one! 

Yes i did but it seems like it is different at alot of their stores.
During my christmas vacation i looked in 6 different store in 6 different citys and none of them had the same.
It was around where my gf lives and on my way home from her so i did not just drive around to random citys stopping in their stores, they were all on my route anyway and i was not in a hurry home.

2 had no models at all, 2 had just the plane, porsche and a small uss hornet, 1 had the plane, porsche and mustang and the last had the plane, porsche and unimog.
But at one store the employee i talked to said that they could order it if i wanted.
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got these in a trade with mikemodeler. ? Thanks again, Mike.

1743564905_PXL_20210111_1913085392.thumb.jpg.d507626bf6cdbe0122f12a84c7ca71be.jpg

Edited by Casey

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, GeeBee said:

I've got a few photos of it, but there on my computer down in London, I'm stuck up in the Midlands due to the lock down, but it was silver with stripes just like this one i found on the 'net

Definitely one to be right clicked and saved into the build folder.......

The kit looks like it contains the right parts to build something very close to that, main things being the front windows needing to be converted to one-piece glass and losing the rivets on the rear arches.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PierreR89 said:

Yes i did but it seems like it is different at alot of their stores.
During my christmas vacation i looked in 6 different store in 6 different citys and none of them had the same.
It was around where my gf lives and on my way home from her so i did not just drive around to random citys stopping in their stores, they were all on my route anyway and i was not in a hurry home.

2 had no models at all, 2 had just the plane, porsche and a small uss hornet, 1 had the plane, porsche and mustang and the last had the plane, porsche and unimog.
But at one store the employee i talked to said that they could order it if i wanted.
 

Interesting. I guess it’s up to the storage manager to decide what’s in there. I will ask them if they can order the Mog and mustang. ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Got the hand grip in today for the new airbrush I got for Christmas.  Maybe I can try it out by spring unless warmer weather happens to show up.

20210111_155028.jpg.817fec04b5c081d906bcad8452e8cb6a.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Straightliner59 said:

Tabletop-Machining-A-Basic-Approach-to-Making-Small-Parts-on-by-Martin-Joe

Finally got a copy of this. I've been wanting (needing!) it, for long while.

Ooohh! Might have to search for one of those for myself.

Later-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Visited Hobby Lobby.  Got a Revell Land Rover and a 69 Boss 302 kit, taking advantage of the 40% off deal.  Also 7 bottles of Model Master flats and metal paint (Still a fairly good selection at the local store)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Modlbldr said:

Ooohh! Might have to search for one of those for myself.

Later-

I paid less that $40, for this copy. Some copies are stupidly priced! Keep your eyes open, and you can get one for $40, or less.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, the USPS finally released my package from Model Builder's Warehouse after holding it for 3 weeks. I know, first world problems. 

Anyway, on the left and right we have a Ford coyote 5.0 and Recaro seats from Clearly Scale. In the middle is a set of 15" Minilites with tires from Fireball Model Works. It all looks like quality parts. This was my first order from Model Builder's Warehouse and I am highly satisfied. 

 

20210111_214041.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Straightliner59 said:

I paid less that $40, for this copy. Some copies are stupidly priced! Keep your eyes open, and you can get one for $40, or less.

Yeah, Amazon has them for $48 and change. I'll have to keep an eye out.

Later-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got one of these circuit board holders from Amazon today - I’d seen other people use them and thought “meh, I’ve done this long without one”, but then the project I’m working on right now involves a bunch of Alclad’d parts that are going to be tough not to damage when I’m assembling them to the frame...

75916FF8-159E-4550-A92A-1CAA2834713E.thumb.jpeg.d6bf5ca20ba8d1fcceacc2b9ebaed1f8.jpeg

Seems super study and well made for $11 - I’m happy!

B20D52EF-4F31-491B-95B1-86F914B19E07.thumb.jpeg.3f225f1637c4c0dc9786e7dbfd85150f.jpeg

Also picked up a couple more of the MPC trike series - I’m planning on building all six at some point in the next year or two so I’m grabbing them now whilst they’re easy enough to find:

A981738C-1EB1-4044-9CB2-8D5CDD083FB7.thumb.jpeg.5ab624062dbdd32d1cb4107f59048db7.jpeg

And, whilst I was ordering stuff anyway, picked up some aluminum bar...ordered a lathe last week so I figured I should grab some material to make chips out of ?:

BFEBB2E5-ADF4-4F74-9D05-9476FB772C27.thumb.jpeg.76cd5e6a4e35dd88e6c9432bf038982c.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, CabDriver said:

Got one of these circuit board holders from Amazon today - I’d seen other people use them and thought “meh, I’ve done this long without one”, but then the project I’m working on right now involves a bunch of Alclad’d parts that are going to be tough not to damage when I’m assembling them to the frame...

75916FF8-159E-4550-A92A-1CAA2834713E.thumb.jpeg.d6bf5ca20ba8d1fcceacc2b9ebaed1f8.jpeg

Seems super study and well made for $11 - I’m happy!

B20D52EF-4F31-491B-95B1-86F914B19E07.thumb.jpeg.3f225f1637c4c0dc9786e7dbfd85150f.jpeg

Also picked up a couple more of the MPC trike series - I’m planning on building all six at some point in the next year or two so I’m grabbing them now whilst they’re easy enough to find:

A981738C-1EB1-4044-9CB2-8D5CDD083FB7.thumb.jpeg.5ab624062dbdd32d1cb4107f59048db7.jpeg

And, whilst I was ordering stuff anyway, picked up some aluminum bar...ordered a lathe last week so I figured I should grab some material to make chips out of ?:

BFEBB2E5-ADF4-4F74-9D05-9476FB772C27.thumb.jpeg.76cd5e6a4e35dd88e6c9432bf038982c.jpeg

Got me a couple of those Milk Trikes recently. Much narrower than I had envisioned. Would love to pick up.a few more in the series. They look like they will make fun little slump busters, although I have never really had that problem- usually too many projects going.

Later-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jim, I got one of those circuit board holders a few months ago, never used it until today when I put on several decals on a  completed model body. Worked great.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Modlbldr said:

Got me a couple of those Milk Trikes recently. Much narrower than I had envisioned. Would love to pick up.a few more in the series. They look like they will make fun little slump busters, although I have never really had that problem- usually too many projects going.

 

I started to collect them thinking the same thing...but then this post ruined that:

?

I’d like to do the whole set as nicely detailed as Eric’s build there...I'm not quite the builder he is but I think a row of six of these nicely finished like his would be cool!

5 minutes ago, TransAmMike said:

Jim, I got one of those circuit board holders a few months ago, never used it until today when I put on several decals on a  completed model body. Worked great.

Someone on Instagram had one they were using for painting too, so they could reposition whatever They’re painting easily.  I can see this thing becoming invaluable to be before too long and I’ll wonder how I worked without one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never saw a circuit board holder before, looks like a rotisserie, will keep in mind.

Via eBay, came from Malta in this package.  ?
IMG_0909.thumb.jpg.7c661f650905c305835f4a84eaeac10f.jpg

The only cardboard was around the sides, should have at least done the corrugation the other direction.
IMG_0910.thumb.jpg.b13bbe0ff2fd5f3742ac210f51a28598.jpg

Looks bad.?
IMG_0911.thumb.jpg.79809a9bab15fc91b8ce354bdfffe4de.jpg

Otherwise, I'm excited to have this crappy kit!  I found another forum, in Russia, a builder was correcting it, then the WIP stopped.
IMG_0912.thumb.jpg.f132686158f9e22ec0222734b3d21af1.jpg

Don't know if this is a good place to ask:  Is it worth keeping it sealed, since the box is trashed like this?  Yea it's 30 years old, sort of rare, can't imagine ever being re-popped again, I buy models to look at and build someday.  What is your opinion?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 89AKurt said:

Never saw a circuit board holder before, looks like a rotisserie, will keep in mind.

Via eBay, came from Malta in this package.  ?
IMG_0909.thumb.jpg.7c661f650905c305835f4a84eaeac10f.jpg

The only cardboard was around the sides, should have at least done the corrugation the other direction.
IMG_0910.thumb.jpg.b13bbe0ff2fd5f3742ac210f51a28598.jpg

Looks bad.?
IMG_0911.thumb.jpg.79809a9bab15fc91b8ce354bdfffe4de.jpg

Otherwise, I'm excited to have this crappy kit!  I found another forum, in Russia, a builder was correcting it, then the WIP stopped.
IMG_0912.thumb.jpg.f132686158f9e22ec0222734b3d21af1.jpg

Don't know if this is a good place to ask:  Is it worth keeping it sealed, since the box is trashed like this?  Yea it's 30 years old, sort of rare, can't imagine ever being re-popped again, I buy models to look at and build someday.  What is your opinion?

Kurt it’s different and has an 80s look and if it makes you happy then it’s worth it.. if you don’t build it it will look good on a shelf...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Picked up 3 or 4 bottles of Model Master flat paint last night.  Sure wasn't much variety or stock left.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, martinfan5 said:

3OVcP3W.jpg
 

Nice. I just got another one of those Tauruses for cheap from ebay. What's your plan for it?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anothe audi r8 roadster to use for detailing up the nunu racer that arrived yesterday. I know the racer is v8 but I'll be bilding it as a kitted and stanced road car so this gives me an engine and interior

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've seen a few really nice builds of this, so I picked one up before they disappear. They do seem to be showing up for sale less and less.

59 Imperial.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...