Jump to content
Model Cars Magazine Forum
CaseyG83

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Recommended Posts

Got this today from Hobby Lobby on line . Pretty much need the wheels and tires for an upcoming project of a Jimmy Flintstone resin old bus .

0B86892D-6034-403F-9F61-83A0830FF0AE.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From Hobby Lobby, the AMT (former IMC) Big Rig Semi Trailer.  With bonus pallets! 

Also from Wal-Mart, a can of Rustoleum Matte Clear spray paint.

 

AMT1164-2.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, espo said:
2 hours ago, 64SS350 said:

 

Any opinions you would care to share and or pictures of the parts tree ? 

There is almost 20 pages here:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got these tires and wheels with center caps for a future project . 

EA46D7A8-59C6-42A6-9037-04E013F4DA0A.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When you go for glue and feel sorry for this because maybe it’s been sitting on the shelf since 2014

051C7F41-5BF2-4918-9F1D-E2F6E5E7B8C3.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Picked up an AMT Coca Cola Peterbilt and Great Dane Trailer at Walmart. 

They took the leftover kits from the Holiday AMT Bin and stuck them over by the R/C toys, I check the price and they showed at $25 each, so I grabbed them. They rang up at 29.95, but I showed my phone price scan to the cashier and she discounted them for me. 

So go take a look, they are knocking down the price on these to clear them out. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/9/2021 at 2:28 PM, CabDriver said:

What can you tell us about the quality of the detail on this one Pat?  Seems like it’s a high parts count for 1/32 scale!

It's a soon to be new re-release. I'll get back to you when it lands.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just won this on eBay. I like the paint job. Can't wait to see how good it looks. If it needs it I'll strip it and repaint the same.

Later-

Screenshot_20210116-123530.png

Screenshot_20210116-123541.png

Screenshot_20210116-123546.png

Screenshot_20210116-123554.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Mail call from a couple days ago,the promo needs a new bumper,but otherwise is in good condition and the Shelby was a pretty good bargain to?HZYI9752.JPG.0d02644a800adfa5b39c067e8756a3ca.JPG

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I picked these up off of Amazon the other day for some light reading (lol) in preparation of another lathe someday soon!

Later-

IMG_20210116_132853327.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

As requested, everything looks very nice. I feel similar about curbside kits, or low part count kits, but I also bought for the subject matter.

It has a detailed engine bay and removable engine plate, so a power plant can be added.

 

IMG_20210116_163910775_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210116_163921622_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210116_163938172_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210116_163949698_HDR.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, 64SS350 said:

As requested, everything looks very nice. I feel similar about curbside kits, or low part count kits, but I also bought for the subject matter.

It has a detailed engine bay and removable engine plate, so a power plant can be added.

 

IMG_20210116_163910775_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210116_163921622_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210116_163938172_HDR.jpg

IMG_20210116_163949698_HDR.jpg

Is this a "Test kit" of sorts or are they out now?

Later-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2021 at 9:10 PM, Mike999 said:

From Hobby Lobby, the AMT (former IMC) Big Rig Semi Trailer.  With bonus pallets! 

Also from Wal-Mart, a can of Rustoleum Matte Clear spray paint.

 

AMT1164-2.jpg

Reply/quote to Mike999. No idea how this became my own stand alone post?!

I've built that trailer, it looks great when completed. A heads-up though, the parts on the sprues are not numbered. The side panels and roof can be fitted in the wrong order and still fit nicely! but it'll screw you when it comes time to fitting the rear door frame and roof panels. I checked a hundred times to make sure I had the panels in the right order and I Still messed it up... twice! First attempt I had a huge gap around the rear door frame, the second attempt I thought I got it right so I glued it all together, then I found the side panels were still in the wrong places and ended up with a missing rib where the two side panels meet. There is a reinforcement piece that fits in the middle of the trailer to stop the roof sagging, if the side panels are in the wrong order that piece becomes useless!

Edited by doorsovdoon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Modlbldr said:

Is this a "Test kit" of sorts or are they out now?

Later-

They are on EBay so I think they are out in places Tom.

Edited by ewetwo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2021 at 5:59 PM, Erik Smith said:

When you go for glue and feel sorry for this because maybe it’s been sitting on the shelf since 2014

[...]

?  Would make a good sleeper.

This subject is something I would not normally buy.  Only because of the GSL Common Kit theme, did I get via Fakebook Marketplace.

'31 Ford Model A Sedan 2 n 1.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Modlbldr said:

Is this a "Test kit" of sorts or are they out now?

Later-

Hey Tom - it’s out. I looked at B and B but either they sold them all or haven’t got it yet. I didn’t ask, I was there for glue, and uh a Trabant apparently. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Erik Smith said:

Hey Tom - it’s out. I looked at B and B but either they sold them all or haven’t got it yet. I didn’t ask, I was there for glue, and uh a Trabant apparently. 

Lol. I like how things seem to just come home with us from the hobby shop.

I'll have to keep an eye out for it. Maybe I'll stop in to B and B this week and see if they have any on order.

Later-

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Modlbldr said:

Lol. I like how things seem to just come home with us from the hobby shop.

I'll have to keep an eye out for it. Maybe I'll stop in to B and B this week and see if they have any on order.

Later-

I bet those wagon kits are selling fast. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2021 at 12:52 PM, cobraman said:

Got this today from Hobby Lobby on line . Pretty much need the wheels and tires for an upcoming project of a Jimmy Flintstone resin old bus .

0B86892D-6034-403F-9F61-83A0830FF0AE.jpeg

I could give it a nice home if you don't need the rest of it ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

?  Would make a good sleeper.

This subject is something I would not normally buy.  Only because of the GSL Common Kit theme, did I get via Fakebook Marketplace.

'31 Ford Model A Sedan 2 n 1.jpg

I know what this one's for, I can't wait. Let the cutting & scratch building begin!?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mr mopar said:

I could give it a nice home if you don't need the rest of it ?

Sorry, someone beat you to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, slusher said:

    image.jpeg.e1d807762562d6b17882cf4e7facf177.jpeg

postman dropped this off yesterday....

Nice Carl. I have one ordered.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got these yesterday . Cobra from the bay . I have a build planned for it . The other is an old style bus . It is a Jimmy Flintstone item .  Not sure where I will go with it . Going to need some thought . 

E73A7573-56CC-448C-B762-C24B2B0E022F.jpeg

274437B1-7F0A-46D8-9A30-C5E89E35DEA6.jpeg

4C248244-1967-498C-BAEB-6FD5E6D4B34B.jpeg

5263B168-C3B2-4437-B173-BB4C46A56C1D.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, cobraman said:

Not sure where I will go with it . Going to need some thought

Glamper?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...