Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Picked up one of the new Revell '69 Chevy Nova COPO 427 kits...nice. I had bought resin plain grilles, hoods, bench seat, hubcaps last year to do one of these, but then Revell came out w/ this kit...plan to do a stock COPO, a 6 cyl plain jane, and a beater..

Related to the new Moeibus kit, I saw a 1:1 International Lonestar semi on the freeway this afternoon, 1st one I'd seen in person..was pulling a white trailer w/ NASCAR #16 Trevor Bayne livery, heading to CA for the race this weekend, I assume.

Didnt actually get anything model wise but model related. After 4 long years I finally got electricity in my 10'x20' storage building that will also be my man cave/model shop. I can finally do some models,make all the mess I want, drink some beer, jam some tunes, and I cant wait.

I can also finally put up all my car swag that Ive picked up from the past drag races Ive been to. I still have to insulate it, get some shelving up, and install the brand new vinyl window I got for a case of beer, today has been a great day. Im thinking of taking some progress pics as I go along?

SS76-

Great to hear. It's always nice to ave your own place to work. Take pictures along the way. It's just as fun as in progress shots of a model. I've been working on mine too as i get the funds and time. Put a reclaimed heater and insulation in mine last year and put a vinyl window in that I paid $10 for. Make all the difference.

On topic- today I picked up the last five "Clearance" jars of HOK paint at my LHS for $1.00/ea. Marked down from $4.50/ea. Can't wait to get the airbrush fired up again.

Later-

Edited by Modlbldr

We had a model swap meet in South Milwaukee. It's usually small and consists of mostly sellers buying from other sellers. I was able to score a built up TR7 Triumph kit in yellow plastic, a 1/32nd scale Nova from Monogram I think. Very nicely done, painted nice and BMFed. I just have to paint the firewall. It will just go into the cabinet on display, it's that nice. I also got a PYRO 1/25th scale Volkswagen kit...multi piece body in glorious orange/peach plastic. Monogram 41 Lincoln, Monogram Rolls Royce, Nissan Skyline 4 door from the 60s. Nice haul, IMO.

I found these though Craigslist. A total of 19 kits, a large box of parts and three tubes of older than dirt Testors tube glue. The kits are:

two Monogram 1926 Mack trucks, one tanker, one dump truck

Set of AMT Budweiser semi and trailer, both complete.

1940 Willys coupe, complete.

AMT Novacaine, only missing the rear slicks.

1957 Ford Fairlane, built

1962 Ford Thunderbird promo, dirty but all there

Two Chevelles, both built.

1967 Pontiac Bonneville, built.

Pontiac GTO convertable, built.

1960 Chevrolet El Camino, missing the hood.

Kenworth snap semi, built.

A misc funny car, built.

Trailer the older stock car one, built.

A unknown older race car.

Revell 1932 Ford coupe with no box

Tamiya tank motor kit, nib

The box of parts was full of early sixties extra parts from 3 in 1 kits.

It was a local guy that found them in an estate sale. I think I did pretty good on the kits. It definitely made my Friday night.

post-6506-0-03753800-1301181337_thumb.jp

post-6506-0-57515100-1301181368_thumb.jp

post-6506-0-60967900-1301181423_thumb.jp

Just ordered a Hasegawa Group 88C Minolta Toytota and an Accurate Miniatures Gran Sport Corvette from the *same store* for less than $50 (with shipping, it was $58).

I didn't realize pictures were kinda required, but I'll post 'em as soon as the kits are delivered

Got two Matchbox 1/72 A-7D Corsair II kits, a set of Fujimi iSpeeds for the front tires and some tires for Donnie. May get the third A-7 kit at Riverside.

(image trimmed in the interest of bandwidth)

I don't think those tires are the right scale for the A7...

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...