Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Between doctor appointments this morning I stopped by my local WalMart, haven't been in there for awhile.  Anyway, checked the clearance aisle and found two bottles each of a beautiful purple and a pretty nice yellow nail polish, $.50 each.  Was walking by the toy section heading for the electronics department and noticed on a center aisle kiosk a couple of the AMT 32 Ford Sedan Deliverys, 50th anniversary Camaro, 64 Olds F-85 Convertible $19.97 and the 1977 Pinto $24.97.  The Olds and the Pinto followed me home.  When I was checking out I asked the friendly assistant way there was a $5 difference in the kits, her answer was "You have to pay for the Coke logos."

2 hours ago, Casey said:

Which LHS? Was up there a few weeks ago, and didn't realize Fondy still had a LHS.

Place downtown called Focus. 75 S. Main Street. Kind of the archetypical cluttered shop with all kinds of stuff. Used to be a camera shop, hence the name.

Edited by lordairgtar
added address

13 hours ago, CabDriver said:

Another one for my Boyd kits collection!  Just need the 55 Nomad and I’ve got all of the AMT American Hot Rod series - the Nomad seems like it’s the rarest of the bunch though…

Paid $15 for this one shipped, which wasn’t too unreasonable I thought…

BFA87A09-94B5-4D89-8BA6-C5745DFA0D77.jpeg

Jim, did you get the Boyd’s 72 Chevy Pickup? It’s blue or silver on the box  📦..

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slusher said:

Jim, did you get the Boyd’s 72 Chevy Pickup? It’s blue or silver on the box  📦..

I know the one you mean - I think that's actually from the AMT 'Rides' series if it's the one I'm thinking of.  Similar kinda deal though - they put some but 24" wheels in the box and a logo on the art and called it a collaboration :D

Testor's did have a Boyd's Chevy pickup in their lineup though - a replica of the one Boyd built for Van Halen:

https://www.ebay.com/p/1100627540

They're not cheap though...

On 9/15/2021 at 9:52 AM, TarheelRick said:

Between doctor appointments this morning I stopped by my local WalMart, haven't been in there for awhile.  Anyway, checked the clearance aisle and found two bottles each of a beautiful purple and a pretty nice yellow nail polish, $.50 each.  Was walking by the toy section heading for the electronics department and noticed on a center aisle kiosk a couple of the AMT 32 Ford Sedan Deliverys, 50th anniversary Camaro, 64 Olds F-85 Convertible $19.97 and the 1977 Pinto $24.97.  The Olds and the Pinto followed me home.  When I was checking out I asked the friendly assistant way there was a $5 difference in the kits, her answer was "You have to pay for the Coke logos."

Ricky, did you tell her she can have the decals and box back?  😀

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...