Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

My company offers $100 Visa gift cards if you enroll in their Wellness program...not a bad exchange for being poked in the arm with a needle and finding out just how fat I really am...lol

ANYways, I took that gift card to Hobbytown USA after work tonight and got a Revell of Germany Sauber Mercedes c9, a Revell of Germany Jaguar XK-120, a Revell Shelby Cobra, a Tamiya Nissan Skyline 2000GT-R (half price!), a bottle of Tamiya liquid cement, and a new sheet of BMF. Total was $99.12, on a $100 gift card. B)

Got this today! A model of my very first car back when I was 14 years young! This is a 1/32 scale kit from ARII.

1970 "Mine was '72" Honda Z Coup

DSC09844.jpg

Being it's a small car, I thought that it just might fit my 1/43 scale RC Dnanos! And from the look's of the following pictures, it just might with some clever mods!

Murcielago chassis is just barely long enough to work:

DSC09845.jpg

But track width too wide.

Porsche chassis width is perfect, but too short:

DSC09847.jpg

DSC09848.jpg

DSC09849.jpg

It look's like I'll need another Dnano chassis with a combination of parts and with an HM "high-mount" motor mount for it to fit inside the body.

This look's like it'll be a fun project!

Neat little Honda FujimiLover.

Looks like it is gonna be a tight fit.

I got these today from my Fav Canadian Seller Modelmaam

PA170002.jpg

And some So-Real Off-Road tires minus wheels.

Man, are the wheel holes HUGE too..

Now to find something to fill them. :lol:

ah, wow, those are sweet! and i love that peugeot!!!!! i can't wait to see it! lol, is the pug hard to find? it seems they are abit pricey, but thats like all models i want! :lol:

Zuki where do you find those figures?? :lol: I want to get some friends for Dick Landy witch come with `68 Dart, Dick is so lonely now ;)

Ebay :blink:

It was a Pre sell from 2 months ago.

There are 2 listed from somebody else tho.

1/24 Police figures.

or

police 1/24 officer

The seller I got them from was mrcars from Vickis Gifts and Collectibles

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/Vickis-Gifts-a...p;submit=Search

2 thumbs up too.

I think I was just looking for figures when they popped up.

and I Grabbed them. ;)

The waiting suxd tho.

Edited by Zukiholic

This is what I just received yesterday from Rainbow Ten, some of these items has been long waited by me. Let's see what's in the box...

Here's the complete order, in the middle line features the Gunze Sangyo Chrome Silver Metallizer(beautifull and hard to get here in the states) and Gold Metallizer along with some Mr Color lacquers. Something that I dislike from this new series is that they no longer come with the opener tip. The large Finisher's black bottle in the rear right corner, is the tool washer to be used with the urethane clear, just in case.

DSC_0385.jpg

From Finisher's Blue foundation(to be used under silver bodies), Pink Foundation(for Ferrari reds), White foundation, and their beautifull chrome silver.

DSC_0391.jpg

DSC_0397.jpg

Another great product from Finisher's, the Urethane GP-1 clear. See how it being, here:

http://www.automotiveforums.com/vbulletin/...inisher%27s+gp1

DSC_0395.jpg

Another great from Finisher's, the compound kit, some modelers point it to be the best compund for model cars. This a 3 step kit.

DSC_0394.jpg

Both compound and GP-1 urethane clear, here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-qhyo4Z50Po

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U0CfkiW51Us

Another great one and out of production for some time, now it returns under Wave brand, something positive. This is the Kosutte Gin San, it works like the metallizers. You paint the part in gloss black and then rub it to get the metallic look. I've seen it working and it's impressive. Con see it working here at 6:43:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=984KU6mwQ5s

CSC_0389.jpg

DSC_0403.jpg

Super Clear III from the Gunze Gundam lacquer line

DSC_0400.jpg

Gundam markers for panel lines..The GM003, it's a brown marker for red color bodies, some of the most used color on my modeling. The GM300 is the eraser pen, used to erase excesive paint or wash in panel lines after being applied.

DSC_0410.jpg

I guess I will have enough goodies to play with my new project that is already in production, some pictures soon...

Simón P. Rivera Torres

Edited by simonr

Well i don't take part this topic to much but this past couple days i have had a busy mail man !

FIRST MY GOOD FRIEND RICK FROM SCALE DREAMS.COM !

21 sets of wire wheels !

101_4468.jpg

101_4469.jpg

added to me wire shelf totals 37 !

101_4471.jpg

101_4473.jpg

a couple of days ago i got these !

101_4352.jpg

101_4353.jpg

and last week i got these !

101_4301.jpg

put them all together with the others i had on hand !

101_4354.jpg

I spend alot of my modeling time building Lowriders so i stock up on my Lowrider items LOL !

I also put out a wanted list over on the LAY IT LOW.com Web site and i got a ton of items from over there in the past month but never took pic's cause i didn't know about this topic but as of this week i do !

So i will now keep you fellas up to date on the inbound of MINIDREAMS INC. :rolleyes:

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...