Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I have a couple of the originals (one Rescue Van [T-539]and the other Police Van version [T-439], both from 1972). I'm looking forward to comparing this new one to them.

Do you know if the Rescue 911 ambulance was based on these line of vans? or something all its own? nose loooked similar

Cool Rob! I have never had either one, but would grab one if I saw it priced reasonable at a show. How are they as kits? Good / Bad, accurate or Palmeresque?

And I can only guess why Lindberg put a screaming chicken on the hood of the Camaro!

They're snap kits and very simplistic, have simple engine bay detail and underside detailing, some clever detail painting would bring them to life though. The interiors aren't bad and the body lines look real good. The main body is the same with just different front and rear panels so the Camaro front slopes away more than it should but flows nicely. They're something a bit out of the ordinary and would make interesting shelf models or curbsides.

Definitely worth the admission price even to use as a slump buster kit.

IMG_0231-vi.jpg

The NNL East name tag order came in yesterday! People have been asking for name tags so we've gone and printed them for everyone! As you know the whole idea behind an NNL is sharing the hobby with your friends and meeting new people. We hope the name tags will help more people connect at the show!

Are those self-stick tags, Tom, or the put-in-a-sleeve type?

Charlie Larkin

Let's see, what have I gotten over the last week or so....?

A really bad case of sciatica- one of the reasons you've not seen me much the last couple of weeks aside from funky computer. I can't sit or stand too long, or I get REALLY sore. I also get like that if I try something novel...like sleeping. So, it's been lots of cat naps and weird sleep pattern.

We got another foot of snow Thursday night and Friday morning.

And we're getting another 4-6" this evening and into early Sunday.

Yay.

On the bright side, I had a (very) small settlement check from a class action suit come in. I might go grab one or two small items for fun this weekend.

Charlie Larkin

I finally bit the bullet and spent over the century mark for this one !

aaaa_zpsba459ff4.jpg

Absolutely love those Falcons - I had a 1969 version that if you looked real close, you could read the odometer (all zeroes!). Great job by AMT.

Question is, why didn't the kit come with a stock version in '68 or '69? Was there a stock version in '66-'67?

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...