Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Hey Chris, hate to tell you this but if that Road Runner is molded in that orange/red colour it's the '80's reissue, all the original issues were molded in white. Or is it just painted that colour?

Dosen't really matter either way though as they all have nice bodys ,, I think they changed the emblems to GTX somewhere along the way or something like that though.

Are you sure? (Not that it matters to me- looking for a builder) The orange looks just like my '72 MPC 'Runner

When I was about 7 I "inherited" a box of unboxed kits- mostly '71 MPC annuals- had a red Impala,purple Challenger, yellow Vega, clear GTO- white seemed to actually be in the minority ;)

Are you sure? (Not that it matters to me- looking for a builder) The orange looks just like my '72 MPC 'Runner

When I was about 7 I "inherited" a box of unboxed kits- mostly '71 MPC annuals- had a red Impala,purple Challenger, yellow Vega, clear GTO- white seemed to actually be in the minority ;)

No that is the 83 Issue body,here is a pick of the unbuilt kit,and it suffered from the same issues as the recent AMT/ERTL kit,wrong dash and chassis

002-3.jpg

this Corvette is very cool in a very 80's Wraith sort of way! laugh.gif looks like it would be alot of fun to build.

Dave

You were thinkin of that movie too huh. That was the first thing I thought of when I seen it. laugh.gif

What was the name of the movie? I Never knew of a movie with a Corvette that looked like this one...

Edited by Custom Hearse

seems like everyone is getting rid of these cars now that the DOH Road Runner is coming out,I just hope they do it right this timeeven the 83 issue of the kit had the wrong dash and chassis

The new Road Runner is going to be released the 29th, and I've been told that that the problems from before have been rectified. ;)

You guys arent thinking of the movie( corvette summer )are you....it had a wild customized metalflake red corvette that was built from a crashed vette from a salvage yard and was rebuilt as a school project? it had the same actor that was luke skywalker in his younger years.

no this was a really cheesy 80s movie, fast foward to about 2:00m

This is what I got today - or at least recently:

modelpics001.jpg

modelbook.jpg

modelpics003.jpg

I got the book from Amazon.com. The authors are from the UK and it has some wonderful how-tos, pictures, and clean execution throughout.

It covers the OOB build of a Tamiya 350Z, detailing of a Ferrari F1 car, a conversion of a stock Ferrari 360 to a racer using a resin body and custom Skyline R34 build.

My parents and grandmother gave me a little money for Christmas. So Sunday, I decided to buy a few little odds and ends.

1. Lindberg 1931 Bugatti Royale Victoria. All I can say is for very old tooling, just poking through it, it looks really nice.

2. A 1/25-1/48-1/87.5 (HO) scale ruler (I have a few projects in mind this will help with.)

3. A bottle of Micro Scale Krystal Satin (Acryl and Model Master S/G was a little too rich for my budget)

4. I finally got the October Model Cars.

Charlie Larkin

This is what I got today - or at least recently:

=

I got the book from Amazon.com. The authors are from the UK and it has some wonderful how-tos, pictures, and clean execution throughout.

It covers the OOB build of a Tamiya 350Z, detailing of a Ferrari F1 car, a conversion of a stock Ferrari 360 to a racer using a resin body and custom Skyline R34 build.

Thats a great kit to build.

Just got Kenny Shores (K-Dog models)70 resin GTX and MAN is it nice! I gotta 70 JoHan Roadrunner, and it fits those parts to a TEE! GREAT casting! Thec chrome has to BE chromed,but that's no problem! It sure beats payin WELL OVER a hundret bucks for an unbuilt one,IF you CAN find one! GREAT JOB Kenny! You guys GOTTA try him!!! :D;)

Just got Kenny Shores (K-Dog models)70 resin GTX and MAN is it nice! I gotta 70 JoHan Roadrunner, and it fits those parts to a TEE! GREAT casting! Thec chrome has to BE chromed,but that's no problem! It sure beats payin WELL OVER a hundret bucks for an unbuilt one,IF you CAN find one! GREAT JOB Kenny! You guys GOTTA try him!!! :D;)

I feel the same way about his 71 DEMON,I bought 6 of them!and you already explained the quality!

First purchase for 2010....:D

Only ordered these this morning, about 2am...;) but they should arrive pretty soon from Taiwan. B)

Both are big scale 1/12.....Ahhhh..more FUN.

model4306.jpg?t=1204987355

And I think these are kinda rare....?? but HELLA KOOL.....B)

model8835.jpg?t=1230398802

Something for when I complete the Datto, which is back on the bench.....;)

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...