Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Went to two local hobby shops.first one was getting rid of alclad paints. I paid $5 for the 4oz black and 2.99 each for chrome and brushed aluminum. I also picked up two kits. The viper kit was $4 and the barracuda was $5. Went to the other shop and bought two paint stands and 2 wired distributors and some sheet styrene

20140308_114736.jpg

Paint stand is so clean! Not for long I'm sure ?

101_6800_zpse80cbd1e.jpg

great saturday!

flea market early part of the day, got 7 cd's for next to nothing, 1 lp (vinyl record) alabama "roll on"

5 dvd's

then later half of the day was with wife at hobby lobby for some weird reason there it was (only one of them) the ford f 350 firestone super stones truck was 27.99 yikes, but really when they want 21-25$ online plus 10 bucks shipping its a better deal buyin it in store, then again i wend duh we revised our phones so we can check internet on our phone, so to hobby lobby . com i went and got my 40% off full price item Yippie!! also got 5 cans of model master paint from the clearence section

all in all good day

i was wondering if the super stones truck had slipped through the cracks?? fellow mcm members have not yet seen the kit at thier hobby lobbys yet.......

sometimes a kit will slip through that not supposed to and a place will just sell it??

there was only one it makes me wonder??

the hobby town usa in mobile alabama said they would not have those in for at least anothe r month or so late march..... guess they are trickling on down.....

i've replied to about 3 of those round 2 cards in the newer kits and have yet to have seen an e-mail from them, maybe i need to call??

I'd be very pleased! I've been thinking about getting a Stratos for sometime now. Hows the kit?

I have not built any EM kit`s but there seem to lots of parts. People who built the 356 Porsche say they are really nice.

When you buy from craigslist do the sellers ship to you or do you have to pick it up?

It can go either way, what ever you work out with the seller. Personally I like dealing in person off Craigs List since there have been some scammers there. I usually use it for larger items that I wouldn't want to ship. Last thing I sold there was a set of 4 bentwood chairs. People do read ads out of their own area and contact you to ship them stuff. I did so on some Studebaker parts I had listed a few years ago without any problems.

CL is also a great place to get rid of free stuff. The garbage company here charges to take large items so it's easy enough to post an ad for a free non-running lawn mower. I gave away an old couch once, and my favorite was a nasty old wood swing set in my yard. Two guys showed up, disassembled it and took it away. Run a FREE ad and your phone will ring off the hook.

@Joseph- That's something you and the seller have to agree upon. Do you pick it up from their location? Will the seller ship it to you? Do you or the seller pay for the shipping? Or, do you meet at a neutral location for the deal. I personally have dealt with two Craigslist deals and we've met at a neutrally agreed upon location to do the deal. It's just something you have to work out with the seller. Good luck.

Kinda pleased with this haul.

004-1.jpg

That is such a nice haul, I had to go check my stash and see if mine were still there. :D

Oh, and found a set of later model BMW wheels made by BBS for the old Bavaria. Just what we wanted, classy but not too mdern.

post-11097-0-71924900-1394404177_thumb.j

Edited by Sam I Am

All the sealed kits were $10 a piece............The Volare well, It was priced right thanks to my friend selling it to me, the Jeep only has a few parts started, the Challenger was $8 and the Vicky $12..........I can build another to go with my previous TMP Cruiser.

GEDC0048_zpsf60e60e5.jpg

GEDC0050_zps70c9d560.jpg

GEDC0049_zps69ed49c2.jpg

GEDC0051_zpseb6ed73b.jpg

101_6800_zpse80cbd1e.jpg

great saturday!

flea market early part of the day, got 7 cd's for next to nothing, 1 lp (vinyl record) alabama "roll on"

5 dvd's

then later half of the day was with wife at hobby lobby for some weird reason there it was (only one of them) the ford f 350 firestone super stones truck was 27.99 yikes, but really when they want 21-25$ online plus 10 bucks shipping its a better deal buyin it in store, then again i wend duh we revised our phones so we can check internet on our phone, so to hobby lobby . com i went and got my 40% off full price item Yippie!! also got 5 cans of model master paint from the clearence section

all in all good day

i was wondering if the super stones truck had slipped through the cracks?? fellow mcm members have not yet seen the kit at thier hobby lobbys yet.......

sometimes a kit will slip through that not supposed to and a place will just sell it??

there was only one it makes me wonder??

the hobby town usa in mobile alabama said they would not have those in for at least anothe r month or so late march..... guess they are trickling on down.....

i've replied to about 3 of those round 2 cards in the newer kits and have yet to have seen an e-mail from them, maybe i need to call??

My Hobby Lobby had 3 Super Stones on Tuesday. I picked up one and came back Thursday and they were already gone. I'm hoping they have a restock, would like one more. They did have the 2010 Revell Camaro for 15.39 on clearance. These were in the next isle over as they just finished a restock of the model section.

All the sealed kits were $10 a piece............The Volare well, It was priced right thanks to my friend selling it to me, the Jeep only has a few parts started, the Challenger was $8 and the Vicky $12..........I can build another to go with my previous TMP Cruiser.

GEDC0048_zpsf60e60e5.jpg

GEDC0050_zps70c9d560.jpg

GEDC0049_zps69ed49c2.jpg

GEDC0051_zpseb6ed73b.jpg

Nice score on the Volare Nick and congrats on your thunderbird...

IMG_0320-vi.jpg

This weekend's haul that I acquired at my club meeting. The Ford pickup was bought from a fellow club member who was thinning out his hoard for $10. Even though I have several I can't pass up an old pickup kit for that price. Heck, I'd pay that just to get another set of those cool wheels. And then I got two new kits via Model King. I already have a 1950 Olds, but needed a donor kit for a resin wagon I recently bought. I didn't have the 49 Mercury woody, so that was cool to get. Looking at it, I'm quite impressed! It's one of those kits that you want to move everything else off the bench and start on immediately!

IMG_0322-vi.jpg

And I got oh, 800 of these! Our club members set up assembly line style to package up the NNL East souvenir license plates!

IMG_0320-vi.jpg

This weekend's haul that I acquired at my club meeting. The Ford pickup was bought from a fellow club member who was thinning out his hoard for $10. Even though I have several I can't pass up an old pickup kit for that price. Heck, I'd pay that just to get another set of those cool wheels. And then I got two new kits via Model King. I already have a 1950 Olds, but needed a donor kit for a resin wagon I recently bought. I didn't have the 49 Mercury woody, so that was cool to get. Looking at it, I'm quite impressed! It's one of those kits that you want to move everything else off the bench and start on immediately!

IMG_0322-vi.jpg

And I got oh, 800 of these! Our club members set up assembly line style to package up the NNL East souvenir license plates!

The plates are cool Tom. I think I would have bought two Mercs for that price. Nice truck for parts also.

That is such a nice haul, I had to go check my stash and see if mine were still there. :D

Oh, and found a set of later model BMW wheels made by BBS for the old Bavaria. Just what we wanted, classy but not too mdern.

I was lucky there. Still wish someone would make an decent model of the most beautiful BMW coupe,the E9.

Nice and rare saloon you got there,is this the injection version?

i too would like to get the repops of the roadrunner, baldwin camaro, the oldsmobilehurst and that 36' ford i am loving me some round 2 reissues the molded color plastic is beautiful too!!

not all the hobby lobbys have the super stones trucks yet must be trickleing in...... or some stores must be quicker on resets then the others??

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...