Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I came up with 2 nice straight promos....both are 4 doors. both have the plastic screw in or pin set, chassis

56 olds and 57 olds....... :) :)

The 56 is missing the grill and bumper but I have found one so the car is complete with full interior.

56passengerside_zps14f7f0af.jpg

The 57 is complete with full interior.

57driversside_zps366845bd.jpg

I was lucky there. Still wish someone would make an decent model of the most beautiful BMW coupe,the E9.

Nice and rare saloon you got there,is this the injection version?

Thanks, its a 1972, and dual carbed. Sweet running old car. Needs some TLC like they all do. lol

They have arrived:

13093203963_fc767f7395_c.jpg

13093377104_2570f2a35c_c.jpg

'60 Chrysler New Yorker and '61 Continental convertible. The New Yorker had its headlight areas puttied over:

13093376504_378f6a6ca1_c.jpg

But the "putty" turned out to be plasticine clay :huh: , fortunately:

13093377714_d75aa1433b_c.jpg

Off to Modelhaus for the corrected grille (Jo-Han's error; the NYer grille should be inset) and taillight lenses.

As for the Continental, it's got four near-mint 1961-only wide whitewalls, an undamaged interior and windshield frame/glass:

13093081275_07b45a931d_c.jpg

Its biggest problem is that someone cut down the tops of the rear quarter panels so it's one level front to rear :angry:. I do have a complete set of '61 chrome and a damaged '62 sedan body in my CA stash, so I'm hoping to get it shipped out here soon.

i too would like to get the repops of the roadrunner, baldwin camaro, the oldsmobilehurst and that 36' ford i am loving me some round 2 reissues the molded color plastic is beautiful too!!

not all the hobby lobbys have the super stones trucks yet must be trickleing in...... or some stores must be quicker on resets then the others??

not sure, the one I frequent had the same stuff for forever, they finally got the race hauler, motion Camaro, grumpy nova, 36 ford, super stones truck and a few other new kits. I was really hoping to see some 'old' stock marked down, but there wasn't much on clearance. they still have a 1/12 mustang for full price, thought for sure it'd be on sale by now.

they did have the bull horn kit as well.

Got the new MCM Contest Issue 2014. By first glance it looks great ! And it is in perfect condition to boot !

Now I've got to find somewhere around here to pick on up! My wife got a subscription for me because some of my builds were photographed at a contest, maybe they're in there!

They have arrived:

13093203963_fc767f7395_c.jpg

13093377104_2570f2a35c_c.jpg

'60 Chrysler New Yorker and '61 Continental convertible. The New Yorker had its headlight areas puttied over:

13093376504_378f6a6ca1_c.jpg

But the "putty" turned out to be plasticine clay :huh: , fortunately:

13093377714_d75aa1433b_c.jpg

Off to Modelhaus for the corrected grille (Jo-Han's error; the NYer grille should be inset) and taillight lenses.

As for the Continental, it's got four near-mint 1961-only wide whitewalls, an undamaged interior and windshield frame/glass:

13093081275_07b45a931d_c.jpg

Its biggest problem is that someone cut down the tops of the rear quarter panels so it's one level front to rear :angry:. I do have a complete set of '61 chrome and a damaged '62 sedan body in my CA stash, so I'm hoping to get it shipped out here soon.

You did very well on those two. I have the same ones in my stash, waiting to be done.

_57a-vi.jpg

One of my buddies alerted me to a group of cool old customs posted on eBay. I bid what I thought was a high price on each of them, and got outbid on everything except this Palmer or Premier Caddy. Still it was only $9.99 so it fits both in my old custom collection and my Palmer / Premier collection so I'm happy with it.

_57d-vi.jpg

The original builder cut the cover out of white card stock and stuck a kit decal on it. What was neat was that each of his customs had a name and they were all nicely done paint and mild customizing. I wanted the set for the Old Kustom Kollection but didn't win. I'm hoping the winners were admiring the work and preserve it, but I have a fair idea that some numpty is dropping them into stripper right about now. 50 years of history down the drain!

IMG_0323-vi.jpg

And per our recent discussion, how was it shipped? Regular mail in that plain white box. How was it wrapped? In a Priority Mail bubble mailer! And with all that wrapping the putz still managed to break the windshield off!

Got these recently, but just got around to snapping some pix and posting them.

The built-up Corvair is an original '66 AMT. It is unpainted, except for some silver on the "trim". Should be an easy restoration.

The '65 Galaxie is an unbuilt original AMT kit. And no, you guys can't have the tail light assemblies...post-10758-0-66548800-1394684982_thumb.jpost-10758-0-39584600-1394685022_thumb.jpost-10758-0-04142600-1394685064_thumb.j

Edited by ToyLvr

Picked up another couple promos from the collectibles store. A 1980 Monte Carlo in light camel to build a replica of a car my family had when I was growing up:

20140313_084827.jpg

And a 1980 El Camino in cinnabar to bash with the later AMT 86 SS kit:

20140313_200909.jpg

I'm going to have to stay away from that store for a while...! B)

IMG_0328-vi.jpg

The mailman delivered this one today. This is the Revell 2015 Auto Show Edition, only it's signed by the entire design team. Revell has sent this to NNL East to be raffled off to benefit the International Model Car Builder's Museum, to coincide with our 50th Anniversary of Mustang show theme. Many thanks to Ed Sexton and Revell for their thoughtful donation. And yes, you could be the lucky winner of this one of a kind beauty!

IMG_0327-vi.jpg

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...