Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Well I don't have pictures but over the last week or so I received some really nice hard to find models that I have been looking for...Some are 65 Chrysler Imperial,70 Bonneville,75 Cutlass,65 fury body,65 Lincoln,resin Dodge A-100 van body,AMC Gremlin body....I just wanted to take time to thank all those who have made great trades with me.....Thanks everyone!

It's been awhile since I have gotten anything but it has been worth it.

My Friend Bob found me a 1/20 scale Suzuki.

Well, parts of one but the Major part is there.

P1160009.jpg

P1160010.jpg

Being I don't have anything 1/20 scale that would work for parts, I found this

at my LHS.

P1160008.jpg

And to my Surprise, it came with a Set of Desert Dogs that Satco use to sell

and has a set of wheels that Actually fit.. Yaa Whoo.

P1160011.jpg

On a Funny side of that, The Aoshima 1/20 scale LandCruiser came with a 1/24

scale figure??

Same size as the ones that came in the Monogram Nascar kits of YesterYear..

I would have took better pics of the tires and figure but the Cam Bats just Died..

Well since I don't have the skills to make these on my own, I went ahead and ordered them. Sure it was pricey but I figure you only live once. I had already bought the Modelhaus '70 Ford LTD Country Squire and '73 Chevrolet Kingswood Estate wagon. Since I'm a lover of the land yachts, I bought a few more.

1972 Ford Custom 500. What started my love for big 60s and 70s cars, Superman (1978). Lois Lane drove a '72 Custom, been wanting a model of it since I was a little kid.

654.jpg

capture21cre5.jpg

1972 Ford LTD Brougham coupe

72fordLTD1.jpg

1993 Buick Roadmaster Estate wagon.

1996_Buick_Roadmaster.jpg

Johnny, does the Modelhaus Roadmaster kit have the woodgrain in it?

I want two of those; I had a 1991 and a 1993, and would like to build models of them both; although in better condition than when I got them.

Charlie Larkin

Sadly, the Modelhaus dose NOT come with the wood grain. Only the '73 Chevy and '70 Ford wagons did. If luck stays my way, I should be getting a 1:1 '96 Roady in a few months. This is why I got the M.H. kit. The only issue on the Buick I have, there is a strange sorta wave in the upper door frame on the pass. side. But when I looked at the Monogram Caprice kit it was based off of, it had the same wave.

As for the wood grain, I'm still looking for something that will work. If you see anything, please let me know.

Edited by FordWagonNut

As for the wood grain, I'm still looking for something that will work. If you see anything, please let me know.

Maybe you can find the wood grain decal from the AMT Lincoln Continental kit... I have one that I'm going to use on a project, and it looks pretty decent. Maybe someone out there may have one they don't plan to use...

Maybe you can find the wood grain decal from the AMT Lincoln Continental kit... I have one that I'm going to use on a project, and it looks pretty decent. Maybe someone out there may have one they don't plan to use...

MMMM, thats a great idea. That would be about the right shade of wood too.

One of Scale Equipment's woodgrain decals had something that wasn't too far off, either.

I plan of buying three of the 1991-96 B-wagons. I have a 1991 Caprice now, and will be building a model of that, too.

I had two Roadmasters, a 1993 in Jadestone with camel, a 1991 in white with saddle, and my Caprice is silver with a blue interior. I'd love an LT-1 powered wagon.

Charlie Larkin

Well since I don't have the skills to make these on my own, I went ahead and ordered them. Sure it was pricey but I figure you only live once. I had already bought the Modelhaus '70 Ford LTD Country Squire and '73 Chevrolet Kingswood Estate wagon. Since I'm a lover of the land yachts, I bought a few more.

1972 Ford Custom 500. What started my love for big 60s and 70s cars, Superman (1978). Lois Lane drove a '72 Custom, been wanting a model of it since I was a little kid.

654.jpg

capture21cre5.jpg

Great build idea

Today I got in the mail the Heller Renault Vivastella PG7 and a Heller Talbot-Lago Record 1950. I'm looking forward to doing the Talbot in a nice custom up to date style car and the Renault in a street rod with a new motor and rear end. The kits are very nice and love the detail on them.

Alright, i ventured into the hobby store tonight for the club build, and did a quick browsing through the models. something caught my eye.

it looks old.

AMT 57 chevy "pepper shaker"

i looked all over every part, the box, and the instructions (which are ancient) and i cannot figure out when it was released. would anybody know when this released?

DSC02207.jpg

DSC02206.jpg

DSC02205.jpg

the best thing is i picked it up for 8 bucks and it's only missing front tires, which i have lots of.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...