Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Imported kits from china and Japan usually have some funny misspellings that are lost in translation. For example my Aoshima Aventador has areas i'm recommended to paint "Flat Brack". :lol: So terrible to see that on an Asian kit.

That is simply a typo, nothing more, it really does not have anything to do with "lost in translation", all the Aoshima kits that I have built, and we know I build a lot of them, I havent seen brack used.

Nice looking place. Will the model workbench be going in the basement?

Actually, no. Of the two bedrooms, the one in the basement is larger and will likely be more comfortable for sleeping in in the summer (possibly the winter too). Also the small main floor bedroom is on the corner of the house with two nice sized windows for good lighting, so the workbench and office will go there.

In the thriving metropolis of Greeley, Co.

Myhouse_01_zps6bf53f40.jpg

Built the same year my Father was born, and they're both still in good shape. 1928 must have been a good year.

Nice!! My wife and I are closing on our first house on the 17th of this month. Can't freaking wait!

Actually, no. Of the two bedrooms, the one in the basement is larger and will likely be more comfortable for sleeping in in the summer (possibly the winter too). Also the small main floor bedroom is on the corner of the house with two nice sized windows for good lighting, so the workbench and office will go there.

Congrats on the house.

Nice!! My wife and I are closing on our first house on the 17th of this month. Can't freaking wait!

Sounds great James. I am glad for you. Wasn't you having trouble finding one in the beginning ???

Congrats on the house.

Sounds great James. I am glad for you. Wasn't you having trouble finding one in the beginning ???

Yes, this was not a fun process at all to do. This is the 4th house we have bid on and the 2nd one we have been under contract for. I understand why people never move from their first home.

Congratulations on being a home owner. It is a wonderful feeling to come home and realize that all this is yours. Until stuff breaks LOL!

The place I own had been foreclosed on and it took six months to finalize the deal. I walked away from the contract shennanigans three times. In the end I'm glad I stuck it out. This house is the first one that i've owned that is younger than me. No basement either. No plans on moving anytime soon.

G

Happy, happy, happy ! I have been trying to score this version of these Cobra kits for about two years. I needed it to complete my collection of these. I have only seen it listed on ebay 3 times in those 2 years. Once I was outbid and the second time the starting bid was higher than I was willing to pay. I spotted this one a little over a week ago with a BIN price of 50 bucks so I jumped on it.

cobraandshower002_zpsb9d5b99d.jpg

Congrats Ray. How many Cobra's do you have now and when are you going to build them?

If we're talking unbuilt kits about 53. If we're talking total Cobra's in all forms, somewhere north of 625. When will I build them ? Probably never truthfully.

Thanks :), yea I'm looking forward to building the coronet as a dragster as it shows in the box. I use to have the dodge ram when I was 13 yrs old, I never got to finish it, and it's long gone now. At the time I def had 90s taste on cars lol, I remember I had lowrider rims ( Dayton's on it) lol :). I plan to keep the truck stock with the viper rims.

This was dropped off a little while ago. When my friend got the 66 resin Biscayne I built for him of the car he has he was so happy with it he asked if there was anyway I could try and do a replica of his very first car. Using this kit I will give it a try. It was a 1964 Impala SS convertible. Car was in very nice shape and he got it for 250.00. Thats right, 250.00. Remember that was over 40 years ago. Neither him or I can remember everything about this car and he does not have a single photo of it. I will have to go on a combination of our memories. What we do remember is that it was a dark blue with a light blue interior. Bucket seats with a auto on the floor. Can't recall what type of wheels it has so I will have to wing that part. This kit should give me just about all I need except a convertible boot for when I remove the top.

gottoday001_zps2879c19b.jpg

Good idea Carl but my daughters 4 years of college and 3 years of law school set me back a bit.

Being from Chicago, I thought you may have deep pockets.

This was dropped off a little while ago. When my friend got the 66 resin Biscayne I built for him of the car he has he was so happy with it he asked if there was anyway I could try and do a replica of his very first car. Using this kit I will give it a try. It was a 1964 Impala SS convertible. Car was in very nice shape and he got it for 250.00. Thats right, 250.00. Remember that was over 40 years ago. Neither him or I can remember everything about this car and he does not have a single photo of it. I will have to go on a combination of our memories. What we do remember is that it was a dark blue with a light blue interior. Bucket seats with a auto on the floor. Can't recall what type of wheels it has so I will have to wing that part. This kit should give me just about all I need except a convertible boot for when I remove the top.

Your last build was great Ray, so your the right guy for the job...

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...