Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

VERY lucky to find a hardtop in any condition, let alone that nice. Only two louver pieces used and no fender skirts! Is the rear bumper intact? I don't see the driver's side taillight.

By the way, the Buick's roof/glass were same as the '58 Cadillac - if you found a junk Buick body you could convert the reissue Jo-Han Fleetwood to a Coupe de Ville.

rear bumper on the car is damaged,but the previous owner had bought new windows,and new rear/front bumper,so i have what i need to rebuild it

ON THE HOBBY LOBBY CLEARANCE KITS. THE HOBBY LOBBY BY ME KEEPS THEM ON THE SHELF AND THROWS A YELLOW STICKER ON THEM. THEY DO NOT PUT THEM IN A "CLEARANCE" SECTION OR A SPECIAL PART OF THE STORE. JUST AN FYI

sorry for the caps, but I was not going to retype that.

The Hobby Lobby by me sometimes just stickers them but they have been known to sometimes put them in the back where the clearance section is and sometimes puts them on shelves in the center aisle of the store. The paint is always out of the paint rack section is in by the air brushes.

Picked up an old favorite model kit at a local hobby store this afternoon. Got AMT's latest release of their old '63 Corvette. I love this car and still like the old kit. It's crude and simple by today's standards. The tooling looks like it's still OK. Not a lot of flash on the kit I picked up today.

I still remember the first time I ever saw a '63 Corvette. If it was in the fall of 1962, I was all of four years old at the time. Being that young I was watching Romper Room one morning. The show right after that was some game show. I had no interest in the game show. But they showed this sleek new car on their show. Even at four, I was car crazy. They showed a close up of the front end. There were no headlights! Until they turned them on, and these two pods rolled over exposing them! It knocked my socks off! Up to this point in my life, this was the coolest car I had ever seen. A year or two later my Mother bought me my first model kits, and helped me paint and build them. They were Frankenstein's Fliver, Dracula's Dragster, and a German Me 262 jet (ironic, since my Mother grew up in Norway during the Nazi occupation). The next kit I remember building was with my Dad. It was a '64 or '65, non-split window Vette. Shortly after that I got a Cox gas power (red) '64 or '65 Corvette. So this generation Sting Ray had a major impact on my likes and tastes in cars.

The last time I build AMT's '63 Vette was sometime in the 1990's. I decided at that time to build the kit stock, will the non-fuelie 327. Since then Revell came out with their non-fuelie, Powerglide, standard wheel covers, and air conditioned '63 Corvette snap kits. So I have decided its time to build another '63 Vette, but this time with fuel-injection. I'm going to go red with red interior. To me that will always be right color for a split-window coupe. Though silver with a silver interior would be a good second choice. But, red it's going to be this time.

By the way, I always preferred the roaster versions of Corvettes over the coupes. My dream Corvette is a '67 big block roadster. Which I have a couple copies of Revell's great kit of. The only year I like the coupe over the roadster, is the first coupe, the 1963 split-window. As impractical as it may be, the '63 split-window ranks number two with me. Right after the '67 roadster. So, I'm delighted to buy another AMT '63. I plan to have fun building another one.

Scott

Edited by unclescott58

OK, did I make a mistake by putting what I did here earlier today? I thought this posting was "What did you get today?" Not about accidents involving Wal Mart trucks in New Jersey. The continuing conversion in that vein makes me feel like what I posted this afternoon was a total waste of time. And to be lost in the Wal Mart truck discussion.

Scott

Edited by unclescott58

Thanks Andy. Yea, no changes over previous releases. Basically the the exact same '63 Vette kit from the mid-70's on. Light years away from Revell's '67 Vette. Is that good or bad? Despite what it is, I like it, and it still can look nice with very little work.

Scott

OK, did I make a mistake by putting what I did here earlier today?

Of course not, Scott. You have to have a thicker skin to post anything on any board or forum. A lot of threads veer off topic or wander around from time to time. That doesn't negate your right to post or diminish the value of your post.

And you have nothing to apologize about for your on-topic post!

Sheesh! You've got Showgurlz and now you've got HobbyLobbygurlz, too?

Whoa. Do they wear big sequined feather dusters on their heads?

Well she's right at 6 feet tall with a ponytail that goes all the way down to her, ahem, um, yeah, just past her waist.

It is Las Vegas...............................

G

I went to Michael's to get some India ink for some weathering on a model railroad structure and found the AMT "Showroom Replica" 2011 Camaro flip-top on clearance for $8.99, and the Monogram '71 GTX on clearance for $9.99, plus I had a 15% coupon that included sale items.

Charlie Larkin

Grabbed this the other day....

product.jpg

Loved the 70 1/2 Baldwin Motion Phase III Camaro, and when I saw the sticker on the box in the hobby shop said all of the decals were issued with this kit, I had to grab it.

I probably should get around to grabbing an airbrush now since that's the only way I'm going to get the Forest Green Metallic onto the car.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...