Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Heres most of what ive picked up over the last few months. Everything in the 2nd pic on the top shelf is part of it minus the 4runner, areomax, JD 310, & the lafrance firetruck. Also Got about 3 boxes of stuff from trades that was still boxed at the moment. Thanks for looking Mike

IMG_20140713_2118511_zps43c298ba.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v476/stang_crazy/IMG_20140713_2119061_zps4623fafa.jpg

I need one those car haulers

Got a couple more scores from ebay this week. Both arrived today. First is the Johan '60 Desoto Adventurer. It was open with loose pieces, but the seller did an outstanding job containing all the parts in zip lock bags and wrapping the body. Second, is one I've been looking for for a long time...a '69 Pontiac Grand Prix promo. Pretty much stole it too. It is damaged though...a broken out A-pillar and roof corner, but it looks pretty straight forward to fabricate and fix.

post-9116-0-15770800-1405585071_thumb.jp

post-9116-0-49720200-1405585138_thumb.jp

post-9116-0-63096800-1405585159_thumb.jp

Got a couple more scores from ebay this week. Both arrived today. First is the Johan '60 Desoto Adventurer. It was open with loose pieces, but the seller did an outstanding job containing all the parts in zip lock bags and wrapping the body. Second, is one I've been looking for for a long time...a '69 Pontiac Grand Prix promo. Pretty much stole it too. It is damaged though...a broken out A-pillar and roof corner, but it looks pretty straight forward to fabricate and fix.

Two nice Scores Andy...

Got in a lot of six mustangs from Ebay. Two were early Fox bodies, one marked Super Cobra in yellow and the other was the Indy Pace Car in silver. Both are pretty complete, but I'm missing a wheel on the silver one. Two were 71-74 Mustangs, one a stock Mach 1 and the other was a short track racer with slicks and a roll cage. The stock one's got steelies and dog dish caps. There was also a 70 mustang that I'll probably use for parts, and a Lindberg 70something inaccurate thing that I'm just gonna chuck.

yesterdays score,

photo_zps325d34a2.jpg

hit michaels craft store with a 25% off entire purchase coupon, low and behold, all these kits were on sale for cheap, vette kits were $6 each, super birds were $10 each and the others were $8 and $9 each, then toss on the 25% off and by golly we got a bargain B)

also hit hobby lobby and got a buick gsx and a 50 olds on clearance....

Edited by tbill

Just got back from an estate sale in Highland Park; lots of boxed kits are going cheap - got another AMT '62 Bel Air and a '62 Catalina, as well as a 1/32 Chevy Malibu Mount Prospect police car, all sealed, plus a large folding magnifier and a few household goods for $15.00 total. The Chevy will donate its roof to my '61 Bonneville, and the Catalina's stock grille and bumper will go into the pre-painted custom version, then I'm thinking of stuffing the drivetrain into my '40 Mercury convertible.

For any Chicago NW suburbanites interested, it's at 205 Ivy Lane in Highland Park:

http://www.estatesales.net/estate-sales/IL/Highland-Park/60035/662610

The 1/43 and 1/32 builtups in the photos are gone but the two Mini Lindy Vettes, a lot of the kits, and a whole lot of diecasts are still there. Happy hunting!

Edited by ChrisBcritter

So excited 3 kits came in today. These will go into my collection and never get built (maybe) been chasing a 1972 charger for awhile. All are unbuilt and all pieces are accounted for.

PART_1405727524600_IMAG0242_zps3795f87a.

Those are nice classics. I would love to have a 72 kit to build...

yesterdays score,

photo_zps325d34a2.jpg

hit michaels craft store with a 25% off entire purchase coupon, low and behold, all these kits were on sale for cheap, vette kits were $6 each, super birds were $10 each and the others were $8 and $9 each, then toss on the 25% off and by golly we got a bargain B)

also hit hobby lobby and got a buick gsx and a 50 olds on clearance....

Great prices I whish hobby lobby would have had some superbird kits on their clearance...

So excited 3 kits came in today. These will go into my collection and never get built (maybe) been chasing a 1972 charger for awhile. All are unbuilt and all pieces are accounted for.

This is just out of curiosity but why buy a kit you never plan to build?

Franklin Mint 24th scale Checker Cab, usually pricey on ebay, but this one is missing its box, the luggage, 3 door handles and a few other bits, so it was not a half bad purchase for $29.99 & free shipping. I have a future potential project in mind, an ambitious non-stock custom perhaps, but I'll drive off that bridge when I get to it. Tack on a few reasonably realistic replacement parts on it, and I have a nice addition to the four other different scale cheaply bought diecast Checkers I have.

2z7ijgl.jpg

Edited by Russell C

010.jpg

Got this today. It`s not painted and the chrome is very nice,not even glue on the windsheild. It does however have a damage to

the front fender,but it`s easy fix with superglue. Also it is missing one rear tailight. This was intended for the 63 Holiday convertion

but i think it`s so nice i might keep it as Starfire convertible.

Edited by om617

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...