Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

What is "limonene"?

Scott

This cement uses limonene extracted from citrus fruits and is very safe to use and comes with no unpleasant smells. It can be used for plastic model assembly as well as for cementing plastic plates and beams. Also, this cement has a strong initial adhesiveness not seen with other limonene cement items. The bottle's cap comes with a convenient brush. 1 bottle contains 40ml.

dot_invisible.gifhttp://www.tamiya.com/english/products/87113limonene_cement/index.htm

Its like Testors Non Toxic Blue Tube Glue

Edited by martinfan5

I CAN HAZ 60 TBIRD GLUBOMB

Does anyone know whether these wheel covers are original?

The seller was kind enough to include a matching one to replace the oddball out one:

003.jpg

The odd wheelcover is AMT 1961 Ford; the others are 1960 Ford fullsize (vintage AMT shallow ones). Correct wheelcovers are the same as on 1959 Ford and should be available through Modelhaus.

Second, that's no gluebomb - it's got no fenderskirts, louvers, scoops or fins added! :lol:

so show us what's inside? please.

Pretty much looks like you would expect from Mobius. Very nice!

I'm always impressed with the quality of their kits!

The only complaint I may have so far is the body. If you look closely at the pics, you can see that the body is not smooth & shiney. It has a slight "grainy" texture. I doubt that it will be an issue after a few coats of primer, paint & clear coat, but it seems very odd.

I believe I heard some where that the molds were not "polished" as they should have been leaving this slight texture.

Oh well, I doubt that it will slow down many builders.

SteveDSCN4093_zpsc5y1mjok.jpgDSCN4094_zpsk18isbcz.jpgDSCN4095_zpsl4eosol7.jpgDSCN4096_zpsy9p0aqnm.jpgDSCN4092_zpspzvgki2y.jpgDSCN4091_zpsjdyaiioc.jpgDSCN4090_zpsmfsgvq30.jpg

Thanks Steven...a friend got one today too...he did a light scuff with 600 and primed it...looks just fine. However he was rather disappointed that there were no hubcaps as shown on the box. Otherwise he was pleased. I'm waiting for the sedan version myself.

Thanks Steven...a friend got one today too...he did a light scuff with 600 and primed it...looks just fine. However he was rather disappointed that there were no hubcaps as shown on the box. Otherwise he was pleased. I'm waiting for the sedan version myself.

I was a little disappointed in the lack of stock hubcaps as well. I'm curious as to whether they're the same as in the '52 & '53 kits. If that were the case, it would be an easy fix.

Steve

I was a little disappointed in the lack of stock hubcaps as well. I'm curious as to whether they're the same as in the '52 & '53 kits. If that were the case, it would be an easy fix.

Steve

It might pose a problem for Moebius...I'll bet Revell lost a lot of money when they had to supply the "promised" whitewalls for the 50 Olds.

These came in today's mail.

001_zpsqb6qte2a.jpg

010_zps3omeoqt9.jpg

Both are very clean. The '61 has glue burns from the boot cover. No matter as it's getting the roof and chassis from an AMT '62 Bel Air. The Skylark will get a '67 Chevelle chassis.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...