Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

September? I haven't been tracking this one as the Ventura is what thrills me. I had to cut open the plastic wrap to get at it. As I said, a friend sent this to me and I am going to do a build on this one as soon as the Hemi Dart is done (about 3 weeks). I will have to seek the opinions of GTR and CARS in Miniature clubs MOPAR experts to help me in this. But then, Fiat now owns Chrysler and I don't think has spun Ferrari off yet. So I guess it can be classified an exotic :D

Well, you must have friends in high places, because as far as I know, it's not available to us "peons" yet.

Model Roundup says the next Mobius kit will be the Ford trucks both slated to be out in late June, followed by the Satellite in September.

Someone likes you a lot! :D

Steve

Well, you must have friends in high places, because as far as I know, it's not available to us "peons" yet.

Model Roundup says the next Mobius kit will be the Ford trucks both slated to be out in late June, followed by the Satellite in September.

Someone likes you a lot! :D

Steve

I will be doing a build along with steps along the lines of the Hemi Dart

AMT '63 Vette Split Window. Hobby Lobby, 40% off coupon.

Couldn't remember what was in it.

Took a gamble on getting parts I needed for another project. Big Block.Finned valve covers. Tri Carbs. Headers, Deep American mags, slicks.

Opened it up, and found that I could rob these parts...and still build a small block Vette.

Life is good.

It's a '60 or '61. Note the toilet seat (aka fake spare tire) on the trunk lid. Only the '60 and '61s carried that. The 62's did not.

Scott

It's a '60 - the big difference is the '60 kits were four-door sedans and the '61s were two-door hardtops (I have a '61).

Not recived yet but bought thru the weekend.

65 Cadillac complete original interior.

1964 Pontiac Bonneville convertible,cracked post so got it cheap.

1964 Oldsmobile Cutlass convertible resto object. Thinking 442 clone.

1971 Pontiac Firebird resto object.

4pot wankel engine and some wheels from eightyone.

I bought this. I got it for less than the listed price, but it still wasn't cheap. I was actually looking for a 956 setup to buy and came across this. I probably won't build it for a while. I haven't received it yet.

Super rare Scale Motorsport super detail kit for Tamiya Porsche 956

http://www.ebay.com/itm/181756353237?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

No pics,but I just got a mint Johan '60 Desoto Adventurer!I am thinking of painting it silver with a white roof!

Been seeing a lot of these lately.

Great looking car!

Silver & white would look great!

Although, I will say, I usually stay away from silver, especially for these old chrome laden cars. With the silver paint, the chrome doesn't "show off" very well.

But I did do a '60 Buick in silver with a white roof & red & white interior. It's one of my favorite builds!

"Silver Glow" was the color for the '60 Desoto. Hey, you can't argue with this!! B)

Steve

60desoto1_zpse78nshb4.jpggils60b_zpsd4rt4dia.jpg60Adventurer_zpsgf8xdsd0.jpg

got a thrift shop Revell Sidewinder kit. minus instructions and decals... good thing it goes together logically! the chassis is completed, awaiting paint... the body was brush painted, and i'm not really fond of it.... but the chassis might go well under something else....

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...