Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

bingo, suppose to make bright reds pop, from what I have read Ferrai uses a pink primer under their bright reds.  I ordered some from seal model but it is going to take 2 months to get here. Would like to find a closer source if possible.  Cannot find  anything stateside yet.

Seal models and it took almost two months.  Have not found a USA source.  Tamiya America or Tower Hobbies never seem to have yet in stock. 

Seal models and it took almost two months.  Have not found a USA source.  Tamiya America or Tower Hobbies never seem to have yet in stock. 

If you  are talking about Tamiya's Pink Primer coming from China, yea it takes forever.  I have a brand new never opened can of that very primer right here.  I really don't think I will be using it, if you are interested.

Picked up the Scale Stars Avanti at Hobby Lobby on its second and final reduction for five bucks; they also have one Lindberg 1/16 Bull Horn T-bucket left, final discount $13.76 if anyone is looking for it... also got a set of Revell no-name blackwall bias-plys from the '65 Chevy kit for my '64 Caddy rebuild.

Monthly toy show. Bought something I didn't even know existed--a 1/24 '69 Mustang Boss 302 diecast. Yes, '69, not '70. The front end isn't perfect (or as good as the original AMT annual), but it looks WAY better than the Revell backbirth kit. It's all dolled up like a Trams-Am racer in the colors of Federated Auto Parts, but still, I thought it was well worth the $20 asking price. I've already painted the Torq-Thrust wheels and the grill black, and it's shelf-ready. That's some kind of record for me.

Mark,Yes it's a cool van parts package I've never seen before. Hopefully an image shows up this time....

Revell H1260 VanPartsVG+.jpg

I picked one of these up recently on eBay.  I had seen one for sale at a show recently, but didn't buy that one because it was pricey and had been picked over (looked like the leftovers after someone had used it for a project).  There is also a pickup pack that shares a couple of parts trees with the van pack.  I've had the pickup parts pack since maybe a couple of years after they were released.  I remember seeing these in a store, only once, when they were new.  I don't think too many department stores carried these because they were parts only and not a complete vehicle. 

The parts listing on the box for the van pack includes fender flares for both Chevy and Dodge vans, however only one set is included.  Checking the packs against one another, and against the description of the parts included that is printed on each box, I think they screwed up and got some of the parts switched between the two packs. 

I wouldn't mind taking the B-25 off your hands if say...you don't want it.:D

Yes, quite a few folks at the show made some very tempting offers, but, I have wanted one for a while, along with the B-17, so this one is a keeper! 

But thanks for asking! ;)

Yes, quite a few folks at the show made some very tempting offers, but, I have wanted one for a while, along with the B-17, so this one is a keeper! 

I don't blame you! They are excellent and very detailed kits. Just very pricey. Nice raffle win though.

It's supposed to be a very nice kit too. I've seen several built up on another site, and they can look just great.

Nice find with these. I think that color on the  63 Bird must have been very popular as that is the color I see for sale most often. Maybe that is the color people do not like. 

The T-Bird set me back all of 10 dollars. That is probably because the kit was the victim of a sloppy house painter. You can see a bit of it in the picture, but it had paint splattered on several areas. I've spent the last couple of hours cleaning it up, and it is coming out quite nicely.

This is the first time I've seen two promos like this, although I know they aren't uncommon. The Chevy doubles as a bank, with the words "To help you save for a rainy day, or help you buy your new Chevrolet" on the slot on the bottom, and "Shadow Gray" on top. It was mine for $20. The Ford has an entire sales pitch on the bottom. I'm digging it quite a lot.

I'm not going to try to clean up the Chevy. It is a little fragile.

Edited by Harry Joy

I picked one of these up recently on eBay.  I had seen one for sale at a show recently, but didn't buy that one because it was pricey and had been picked over (looked like the leftovers after someone had used it for a project).  There is also a pickup pack that shares a couple of parts trees with the van pack.  I've had the pickup parts pack since maybe a couple of years after they were released.  I remember seeing these in a store, only once, when they were new.  I don't think too many department stores carried these because they were parts only and not a complete vehicle. 

The parts listing on the box for the van pack includes fender flares for both Chevy and Dodge vans, however only one set is included.  Checking the packs against one another, and against the description of the parts included that is printed on each box, I think they screwed up and got some of the parts switched between the two packs. 

I used them when they were new to make my own custom vans and pickups with...our local drug store carried model kits and sold them there too.  I miss those good old days with the 70s Dodge kits I used them on.

Nice find with these. I think that color on the  63 Bird must have been very popular as that is the color I see for sale most often. Maybe that is the color people do not like. 

NICE finds Andy..!  Polish will fix them just be persistent and careful....I have cleaned up some nasty looking ones before. 

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...