Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Pocher 1:8 scale gluebomb Alfa Romeo 8C 2300 Monza. Fair build, lotsa runs and trash in the paint, no parting lines removed, wheels wonky, nothing fits right. And completely rebuildable. ;)

Does anybody have a set of instructions for this thing?

Please move this to the front of your "To Do" list.

Thank you sir ! 

You are very welcome.

Make sure you get into the "Big Boys" section on here and have Cato, Harry and Skip help you out...to name a few. Those are the real Pocher guys, I am a mere poserB)B)

Hey GMC

Great 430 Haul......that is a project just screaming to be built!!!!!

Edited by Twokidsnosleep

Stopped at Michael's in Greenville, SC today. They had the last-issue 66 Nova (with bench seat) on Clearance for $14.99. That one is full of useful parts, including the whole chassis to upgrade older kits.  I also used a 50% off coupon to snag an AMT 70 1/2 Camaro Z/28, which brought the price down to about $11.  That's a kit I've never owned.  From the reviews on here, it sounds pretty good.

Then I swung by a hobby shop to pick up some paint and stuff.  Noticed they still had 1 lonely AMT "King Cobra" on the shelf. That's another kit I've never had, so picked it up as well.

More paints from Gravity Colors.

20160616_175719_zpsxejlnwb1.jpg

More primer, Anthracite Black, Ford Deep Impact Blue and some Porsche Carrara White for a 918. And in the background a fresh bundle of pipettes.

David

Edited by Jhedir6

Today I got a couple of pre wired distributors that I ordered from M.A.D. a few days ago. Great service and I can recommend. Also from my BIL a Revell Marine UH-34D Helicopter. Years ago he was in the Marines and stationed on a aircraft carrier. I think he said CV-37 or CVS-37 but I could be wrong about that. Anyway he asked me to build it as this was the type of the copters on the ship at the time.

Also from my BIL a Revell Marine UH-34D Helicopter. Years ago he was in the Marines and stationed on a aircraft carrier. I think he said CV-37 or CVS-37 but I could be wrong about that. Anyway he asked me to build it as this was the type of the copters on the ship at the time.

That's the USS Princeton - more info here. Looks like your brother-in-law would have been on it in the sixties; it was scrapped in 1971.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/USS_Princeton_(CV-37)

Edited by ChrisBcritter

Today I got a couple of pre wired distributors that I ordered from M.A.D. a few days ago. Great service and I can recommend. Also from my BIL a Revell Marine UH-34D Helicopter. Years ago he was in the Marines and stationed on a aircraft carrier. I think he said CV-37 or CVS-37 but I could be wrong about that. Anyway he asked me to build it as this was the type of the copters on the ship at the time.

got%20today%20stuff%20002_zpsc26kdqfj.jp

got%20today%20stuff%20003_zps5lzndpl4.jp

Does the helicopter above come with the Mercury space capsule show on the box? 

While not a car, certainly a place to display a car; the first of several AMT cases arrived yesterday. I'm being very optimistic in assuming that I'll actually get a car model finished one of these days, and when I do, I don't want it to get filthy, as most of my painted bodies already have done.

Found this cheap at the Flea Market today. (Pic grabbed from the 'net.) Mint inside, all inner bags still sealed. And the original outer shrink-wrap stuck inside the box!  Also found some very cheap Off-Topic kits (aircraft). Will use those to improve skills, I hope:

Wankel.jpg

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...