Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

I ordered this 61 Starliner with interior tub and glass directly from Jimmy Flintstone, I was going to chop the roof off it and use it on my 62 Merc project but it won't fit and this casting is too nice to sacrifice anyway.

He threw in two extra sets of glass and these guys as "free stuff". Thank you!

I have a donor 61 boxtop kit to use for it and I think it will make into a sharp custom rod.

I ordered this 61 Starliner with interior tub and glass directly from Jimmy Flintstone, I was going to chop the roof off it and use it on my 62 Merc project but it won't fit and this casting is too nice to sacrifice anyway.

JFStarliner-vi.jpg

He threw in two extra sets of glass and these guys as "free stuff". Thank you!

heads-vi.jpg

I have a donor 61 boxtop kit to use for it and I think it will make into a sharp custom rod.

Flintstone casts some very nice stuff.

I bought a '61 Olds 88 from them a while back & while the casting is pretty thick, the body is nearly flawless.

It's very high on my "to do" list.

The '61 Starliner is one of my all time favorite body styles & definitely my favorite Ford from the 50s & 60s.

I was lucky enough to find an original AMT annual & build it a little while back.

One of the few models I've built recently as a mild custom.

Did Flintstone correct the front fender scripts?

My annual had "Sunliner" scripts instead of the correct "Starliner" ones.

In this case it didn't matter.

I removed them anyway.

Steve

DSCN4376

Not my usual build, but for quite some time I've been asked "When are you going to build a hotrod" I finally gave in, so this one will be on the bench after the 2cv has been finished, not sure when it will get finished though, I'm going to pretty busy, work wise from the end of next month .....

Flintstone casts some very nice stuff.

I bought a '61 Olds 88 from them a while back & while the casting is pretty thick, the body is nearly flawless.

It's very high on my "to do" list.

The '61 Starliner is one of my all time favorite body styles & definitely my favorite Ford from the 50s & 60s.

I was lucky enough to find an original AMT annual & build it a little while back.

One of the few models I've built recently as a mild custom.

Did Flintstone correct the front fender scripts?

My annual had "Sunliner" scripts instead of the correct "Starliner" ones.

In this case it didn't matter.

I removed them anyway.

Steve

DSCN4376

No, the Sunliner script is still there just like the original. Won't be an issue for me either.

Nice job there on you 'liner Steve. Real sharp. Looking forward to your '61 88 build. Also one of my favorite body styles.

I had occasion to run out to Hobby Lobby today, so grabbed this with the 40% off. I really would have preferred this be a ’66, but this will have to do. It’ll be built box stock, as an homage to my own ’66, whenever I get back to some car modeling again.

65 gp 002.jpg

Edited by Roadrunner

I came home from the NNL East with the following: 
And with that, I got parts, and a few kits.... Parts I came home with as follows:

A CAT C-15 "3406" to go into a Western Star I have planned to build! 

Bag of Pick-Up Truck tires for $1!!!

Some Decals, for $5....

Low profile tires and rims to go onto the Race trailer I'm going to be building!

NOT sure what those are going on yet, but I bought all the guy had for the price, and WILL figure out something for them sooner or later! I just loved how the rims are directional!

Coupla fire trucks to be used for making Utility Beds for pick-ups from!

Interesting Chrysler "FirePower" Hemi with Twin-Blowers.....

...and like ALL the shows I've been too, I go diggin' for those Headers, those who know me, knows I LOVE those things!!!! (Thanks Tom!)

The KITS!!!! -Not many, but a few....

For $15 yeah...... By who its made by? Yep... -Couldn't resist....

This is one, I just could NOT pass up, for $12...... Almost complete, in good shape for building, needing a motor, (I don't care) and looks to be complete.... '73 'Cuda I did NOT have!

NOT because of "Nash" -But the car!!!! I see the hard top '[71 Hemi 'Cuda all the times.... BUT This one, not so much........ and again, $8, for an UNOPENED kit, I was all over that like stink on BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH! LOL (I however, am guilty, for opening it!) 
...And I saved the BEST one for last!

Yepper one more to the collection!!!! This one is thee one I paid the MOST for.... in a SEALED box it was! (I opened it!) 
All in all that one day, was a fun one, most enjoyable time I've had in a while, and well needed....

parts.jpg

parts2.jpg

parts3.jpg

Cool Comet wagon! These probably got here Saturday, but I just checked my mail this morning..Pace car decals to do my '71 and AMT '67 glue bomb, '71 conversion kit, photo-etch for the '67 pace car, some Bronco parts and photo-reduced gauges. All this stuff is great quality! Kudos to the suppliers!

Edited by chryslerjunkandstuff

I came home from the NNL East with the following: 
And with that, I got parts, and a few kits.... Parts I came home with as follows:
5459dda697495ed191b780576c1125c0.jpg
A CAT C-15 "3406" to go into a Western Star I have planned to build! 
9d54b2fc04bafb874b948f2be5cc6b78.jpg
Bag of Pick-Up Truck tires for $1!!!
2318584c4fcd8af5b28a12c967d048ba.jpg
60dc00bfc83a31490db1b060837a1ab4.jpg
Some Decals, for $5....
c8ffe464100372b7795cd261571dfabb.jpg
Low profile tires and rims to go onto the Race trailer I'm going to be building!
5199142f9f7df09908788b44d3f56a76.jpg
NOT sure what those are going on yet, but I bought all the guy had for the price, and WILL figure out something for them sooner or later! I just loved how the rims are directional!
ce9e8d79ba961964c2ce5246e38ac655.jpg 
Coupla fire trucks to be used for making Utility Beds for pick-ups from!
6f2df8d4e2d56aa1bde4328249dba7bd.jpg
Interesting Chrysler "FirePower" Hemi with Twin-Blowers.....
bdbf0db78740b3b6396407353b854f5b.jpg
...and like ALL the shows I've been too, I go diggin' for those Headers, those who know me, knows I LOVE those things!!!! (Thanks Tom!)

The KITS!!!! -Not many, but a few....
071f4f10f8dd00ba5bd6da7ffcdc9422.jpg
For $15 yeah...... By who its made by? Yep... -Couldn't resist....
e627f8a54c9f1141f0853a3c09142c2f.jpg
This is one, I just could NOT pass up, for $12...... Almost complete, in good shape for building, needing a motor, (I don't care) and looks to be complete.... '73 'Cuda I did NOT have!
f7bfd9dc9d6fcb61a7c1030a3470247d.jpg
NOT because of "Nash" -But the car!!!! I see the hard top '[71 Hemi 'Cuda all the times.... BUT This one, not so much........ and again, $8, for an UNOPENED kit, I was all over that like stink on BLAH_BLAH_BLAH_BLAH! LOL (I however, am guilty, for opening it!) 
...And I saved the BEST one for last!
b294072350ca2d0faaf7a1cc782d97cd.jpg
Yepper one more to the collection!!!! This one is thee one I paid the MOST for.... in a SEALED box it was! (I opened it!) 
All in all that one day, was a fun one, most enjoyable time I've had in a while, and well needed....

Nice van John....cool stuff..!

Nice van John....cool stuff..!

Thanks Mark. Yeah, I probably spent more on that Van then I should have, BUT for the one I need to make my Uncle's Van, its got the right body! SO, I couldn't resist! You know that 10 foot Utility Trailer I'm building that has the Dodge Step-Side truck bed fenders? That trailer, will be pulled with this van, same Uncle owned the 2..... SO.... I HAVE another Van, that would have need a bit more work to make it like the one my Uncle had so. Was sort of on the watch out for the right body to make his van from.... With a little less work!

Just in today. New Tamiya NSX kit, its stunning. I've just inspected it and its, well Tamiya. Looks perfect right out of the box. Also Studio 27 CF decal sheet for this car. I need a quick easy build so starting on this one right away since I have the day off today. WiP up shortly. 

Finally got all of my stuff I got at NNL sorted out................MAN it is hard on the wallet to go there! But, oh, what fun! Got great stuff from Jamie Rahmoeller, (Mo' Luminum), KJ Humphreys, (Double Take Replicas), Gary Wallace, Dave Natale, (AITM), Model King, Detail Master, and many other vendors that ALL have superb quality products! Spent an ungodly amount, but, it was WELL worth it.IMG_2950_zpszgtxojsk.jpgIMG_2951_zpshclkx5yl.jpg

Edited by redneckrigger

Finally got all of my stuff I got at NNL sorted out................MAN it is hard on the wallet to go there! But, oh, what fun! Got great stuff from Jamie Rahmoeller, (Mo' Luminum), KJ Humphreys, (Double Take Replicas), Gary Wallace, Dave Natale, (AITM), Model King, Detail Master, and many other vendors that ALL have superb quality products! Spent an ungodly amount, but, it was WELL worth it.IMG_2950_zpszgtxojsk.jpgIMG_2951_zpshclkx5yl.jpg

It looks like you're expecting some long Vermont winters in the future ... :o:lol:

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...