Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

We hit the flea market today, and though I saw quite a few models, most were either built and still $5.00 or way overpriced, so I picked up this Toosie Toy 1/16-ish scale '34 Ford 5-Window coupe for $4.00. The wheels are what caught my eye, as they are very close scale versions of Keystone's Rouge/SnoMag wheels:

116345window.jpg

116keystonerouge.jpg

The best part about this toy is the floor shifter and back seat. :lol:

Edited by Casey

Yup Jim :lol:

IMG_1746.jpg

The Green XJ started out as an Axial AX10, then modded into what I was competing with, then threw the suspension on their Scale SCX10 "Ladder" chassis after I got my Losi Comp Crawler, finally last week I had to put most of the original suspension links on the "Ladder" chassis to shorten the wheelbase to fit that body and put the smaller 1.9" rims with matching BGF knockoffs to make legal for my club's scale "Street Truck" class. It's kind of ment to look like a Weekend Warrior type daily driver capable rig, the reason I put those rims on it was to look like the factory rims off a Jeep like mine that were powdercoated black after beeing taken off a junkyard XJ or ZJ:P

IMG_1726.jpg

The Dark Blue XJ started out as a HPI Wheely King that I made into a home made "Crawler King" (before any of the Crawler King stuff as offered) and have been thrashing a TJ Wrangler body from HPI on it for the past couple years till this body came out and decided to replace the old Axial 2.2 beadlocks and Proline Masher 2000 tires with a set of J Concepts Tense 2.2 beadlocks and a new set of M2k's. Between the wide WK axles and "6-Lug" J Concepts rims, this one ends up looking like somebody took old Full Size Chevy/GMC or Wagoneer axles and put them under their XJ.......

Now I do have a few Rubicon decals from that TJ body that would look good on these two bodies too come to think of it :lol:

Pretty cool. That blue one sure has some wheel travel to it. You go somewhere around Rt 59 to run them? Probably not much open land around there anymore. Wait - rock crawlers go slow, don't they. The kids of my best friend were down here a couple of years ago and busted up their R/C car. Very, very fast. They left it with me if I wanted it. If it's free, it's for me. So I spent some time and money and now haven't even started it for over a year. Got a gallon of fuel, spare parts, put on new tires. Can't remember the name ad the only place for parts was Tampa or the internet. I shoulda put it up on Ebay last year.

There aren't really any places on 59 to run them and the Dupage Forest Preserves are pretty much off limits if you don't have a plane or boat...and the permits to operate them in the approved places :lol: I have run them over at the Bowling Green and the Mexican Grocer that is now where Eagle and Family Foods used to be since they have a bunch of rocks around their lots. I do prefer playing at the Potawatomie Park and Dam (near the police station and city hall) in Batavia. The club I'm a member of runs a lot at Busse Woods at either the main dam or off Higgins (Cook County doesn't seem to be as concerned with trucks that can barely get into their own way like DuPage is :D ) and we're having out next Comp down at Kankakee River State Park. Never been there, but from the pics I've seen, it looks like a gooooood place to play!

Long drive - be safe. Take some pics at Kankakee. I bet's it's to watch/drive those buggers.

Batavia is a nice area. Used to go over to the VFW for HOG meetings. That was on the west side of the river. The east side had a great burger place. Wish I could remember the name.

There used to be vacant land out west on Roosevelt Road. A few miles west of the Ford dealer near Adrian's speed shop (if he's still there).

I think I know what land your talking about, it's now owned and maintained by Ball Seed. The Napa is now in it's own building and what used to be called Adrian's is now a paint shop that might be part of the Napa. The spot in Batavia is pretty much right in the middle of the river near Duck Island and close enough that when the water is low enough later this summer, you could actually walk to the island! May have to bring Dad with me for a navigator though, I managed to get lost and ended up in Wisconson last year trying to get to Zion Beach State Park for a comp <_<

This past week, I got some well need rest from the severe weather. I also picked up a Revell Thunderbolt for 14$ and some wood for the JWAC at hobby lobby. I also got a JZX100 Chaser, Fujimi Longchamps and deep dish Wats from HLJ earlier in the week.

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...