Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Won this on eBay for $5.99.  I was the only bidder.  Thought for sure somebody would snipe me at the last second.  Some sellers are asking insane prices for this kit, despite the recent re-issue.  From the same vendor, also won a stock Revell '97 Ford Expedition for $4.99; wanted the wheels and grille to swap on the police version.

71_chrgr.jpg

Got in a Revell 1969 COPO Nova that's partially built but in good shape, and an MPC 1932 Chrysler Imperial.  The Imperial is an incredible kit, and I can see why people talk about how good some of the MPC kits were.

All the original "Gangbuster" MPC kits were great- the Chryslers, Lincolns, '32 Chevy sedan delivery, etc.  The "Gangbusters" '27 Lincoln roadster has a working golf-bag door, and a golf bag and golf clubs to put inside it.  That kit also has a female "gun moll" figure.  The second release of the '32 Chrysler roadster included a vintage motorcycle with a 4-cylinder engine. 

Here's an old thread about the Gangbuster kits:

http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/118444-mpc-original-gangbusters-kit-figures-and-accessories/

Nice score... The camaro is always awesome. I've often wondered why that kit never seems to have any flash for as long as it's been around and all those variations...

Always wanted the satelite... the other two are nice too

Nice score... The camaro is always awesome. I've often wondered why that kit never seems to have any flash for as long as it's been around and all those variations...

Always wanted the satelite... the other two are nice too

yea. The satellite is the KOOL one. 

Got these today

Something a little different!

The shipper packaged it horribly, but it's complete and damage free. Now just need the matching Land Rover kit.

IMG_20170629_1306199.jpg

These kits are great!!!!! -I've got this one, and all the others: Land rover, Anti-Pesto van, motorcycle and side car, and airplane. They are all done well, and have more detail than one would expect. my only problem is that they have all the main figures except the farmer. Q: are you building it any time soon?!

These kits are great!!!!! -I've got this one, and all the others: Land rover, Anti-Pesto van, motorcycle and side car, and airplane. They are all done well, and have more detail than one would expect. my only problem is that they have all the main figures except the farmer. Q: are you building it any time soon?!

As soon as I clear a few off my bench. This will be one of the next ones I start. I think this'lll be a fun one!

Scored the pair off Ebay this week for $24 CDN total. No shipping, guy lived in the next town over so I just went there tonight to pick them up.

20170705_2013310_zpsj6hsrvk7.jpg

Viper is open but complete, decals are probably garbage. Trailer was open but sealed inside.

The Revell '62 Plymouth wheel covers arrived today, and thanks to the generosity of Geno, so did this:

60_falcon_engine_ds.thumb.JPG.25c8b47529

60_falcon_engine_ps.thumb.JPG.1eac519f56

Franklin Mint '60 Falcon engine, left over from Geno's awesome Copperhead gasser project. This will be going into my Jimmy Flintstone Econoline; a few tweaks and some filler and paint to hide the screw head, and we're good to go. If you want to compare it in size to the resin engines available, this one is 2 1/16" from the fan hub to the end of the tailshaft, and 1 3/16" from the top of the air cleaner to the bottom of the oil pan. The top of the bellhousing is not molded but it will only be visible from the bottom. And I don't have to wire it! :rolleyes:

The Plamoz stuff is incredible, cleanest castings I have ever seen 
O8ts60x.jpg

I have a bunch of kits on the way as well. In the picture is the Carbon Fiber Templates for 911 GT!, Nissan R89C, R390 GT1, Murcielago R-SV and 2 sheets of adhesive leather from Model Factory Hiro9Udgnd3.jpg

Also got the Hobby Design detail kit and the LP760 engine kit. The engine kit will need some scratch building for the intake manifold to be accurate, but the rest should work. The actual kit is on the way 
QQTu4e5.jpg

Bunch of PE sets, some 1/24 fuel line and 1/24 zip ties from MFH
j9udUXv.jpg

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...