Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

The local Wednesday Flea Market is feast or famine when it comes to model kits.  Today was a feast!  The Boyd paints and tube of glue were stuffed into some of the kit boxes.  All the kits are complete and sealed inside.  Never bought the Revell '48 Ford chopped coupe, but both of these together cost less than 1 new kit and it looks like a great parts trove. I'm trying not to buy any more die-cast, but that Red Byron '49 Olds was just too cool.

Img_9918.jpg

Edited by Mike999
error

If it's any help, italeri have just re-released the mk2 rally car that was last out as a revell kit

I know, I have a Revell repop I had to get from Canada!

The question is does anyone have the tooling for the Zackspeed bodyshell and the extra bits and pieces?

Traded an RC truck I had that I hadnt used in like four years for the following. Testors MKII. IMC MKIV. IMC GT. And 4 Fujimi GT40s.

20170715_152319_zpsrnimvrwa.jpg

There's another GT in with the small white GT. Half are started half are untouched. I havent inspected them all yet, but I'm happy. Eight new Ford GT40 kits to work on this winter.

Edited by Jhedir6

Traded an RC truck I had that I hadnt used in like four years for the following. Testors MKII. MPC MKIV. MPC GT. And 4 Fujimi GT40s.

There's another GT in with the small white GT. Half are started half are untouched. I havent inspected them all yet, but I'm happy. Eight new Ford GT40 kits to work on this winter.

What make are those two on the top right w/ all the opening panels?  Don't recognize the box art...IMC? 

Edited by Rob Hall

What make are those two on the top right w/ all the opening panels?  Don't recognize the box art...IMC? 

Sorry yes IMC, not MPC.....I worked all night then, went and met the dude to trade....still havent slept yet.

Traded an RC truck I had that I hadnt used in like four years for the following. Testors MKII. IMC MKIV. IMC GT. And 4 Fujimi GT40s.

These are awesome kits!! -super fun/addicting to build, but when it comes time to flex the Fujimi bodies over the chassis.......NOT fun at all  -VERY nerve wrecking!!  -Fantastic haul!!

No models, but a book at Half Price Books with a 50% off coupon: Jaguar E-Type Six-Cylinder Restoration & Originality Guide. 30 bucks original price, with all the discounts $8.13 with tax. And as if I wasn't an annoying enough rivet counter of E Jags before; now I've got another 244 pages of minutiae. Now as someone mentioned recently if we could get a new Tamiya or Fujimi Enthusiast level tool.

Thanks Cale.  I might go looking for that kit.

no problem. This is my first Tamiya kit and besides the fact that the body is molded in blue and there are some parts molded in black it is a very nice kit and I would recommend geting it. 

Another good haul at the Wednesday Flea Market.  The Monogram Woody is partly built. No problem, I wanted it for the stock '30 radiator shell (later re-issues had a '32 radiator) and wire wheels.  The others are all complete/unbuilt, with the inner bags still sealed. Off-topic:  the FROG aircraft is the ancient 1/72 scale Tupolev SB-2 "Katyuska."  The big red box is a die-cast, the First Gear 1/34 scale GMC C7500 Overcenter Bucket Truck. Or tree-cutting truck. It was cheap and I mostly got it to try some wear and weathering tricks.

Img_9924.jpg

Might have to make a field trip to this flea market place of yours, Mike.

Hey, it's just one state over from you!  A link to their website is below. This flea market is only open on Wednesdays, which strikes me as strange.  I should warn you, it's hit-or-miss on scale models, like all the flea markets I visit.  Sometimes a bunch of kits, sometimes none.  The flea market is only 15 miles from my house, so I hit it every Wednesday, weather permitting. 

You can ignore the website warning to "get there early, before daylight."  I've done that, and most vendors weren't even there, or set up yet.  I usually arrive around 7 AM in summer.

http://www.visitpickenscounty.com/vendor/110/pickens-flea-market/

Another good haul at the Wednesday Flea Market.  The Monogram Woody is partly built. No problem, I wanted it for the stock '30 radiator shell (later re-issues had a '32 radiator) and wire wheels.  The others are all complete/unbuilt, with the inner bags still sealed. Off-topic:  the FROG aircraft is the ancient 1/72 scale Tupolev SB-2 "Katyuska."  The big red box is a die-cast, the First Gear 1/34 scale GMC C7500 Overcenter Bucket Truck. Or tree-cutting truck. It was cheap and I mostly got it to try some wear and weathering tricks.

Img_9924.jpg

pickens county flea market. Been awesome since at least 1988. First time I went !

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...