Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

Got a cooking "spatter guard" at Walmart, with a great grid pattern that should be good for many model grilles, etc. Got TWO of them (set) for $7, in fact. The Lovely Mrs. Snake now has one for kitchen use, and the other will keep me happy for years. 

Can't help thinking that a piece of this screen material of comparable size sold for model use at Hobby Lobby or other hobby vendors would retail for $15-$20. Boo-yah! 

Ho hum .  Just some more Cobra,s came today . The little resin one is more of a cartoon Cobra than a relistic one . Only the second I ever saw . I bought the other one also a few years ago . I may paint up this one . The other two are new releases from Johnny Lightning . Three more Cobra's for the collection. 

IMG_0244.JPG

IMG_0245.JPG

IMG_0246.JPG

51 minutes ago, cobraman said:

Ho hum .  Just some more Cobra,s came today . The little resin one is more of a cartoon Cobra than a relistic one . Only the second I ever saw . I bought the other one also a few years ago . I may paint up this one . The other two are new releases from Johnny Lightning .

How many Cobras and Cobra related items do you have Ray if I may ask?

Just got back from the DuPage show and picked up a lot of miscellaneous stuff cheap:

• '60 Galaxie and '65 Comet kits minus bodies for $3 each from a slot car builder
  • Three Trumpeter '60 Pontiac chrome trees for a dollar
  • A junker '55 Dodge promo for $3 (had two good Royal Lancer wheelcovers for casting, plus I want to make molds of the side trim and the rear fenders/taillights to put on the '50 Ford convertible)
  • '57 T-bird hood for $2
  • Bag of custom parts including a Styline rear end for the AMT '57 Chevy, a near-complete NOS trailer from the '63 Nova wagon, and a Revell custom interior pack for $10
  • Tamiya paint (mint pearl and medium green) for the '61 Comet project

Sold off the '56 and '63 Olds and '61 Dodge I got recently.

1 hour ago, unclescott58 said:

How much is left in the above kit, to convert it back to stock? I hope you do a review so we can see what comes in these boxes. 

Unfortunately the wheel wells are cut on the body just as seen on the box, no stock parts whatsoever.

Yes, like the rest of the Modified Stockers, AMT wiped this one of all the trim and emblems (even the molded ridge on the center of the hood is gone <_<). This would be a good candidate for a resin repop as there's no way Round2 will change this one back, and I don't think anyone else ever recast it. I did speak to one local caster at the DuPage show who might be interested (I have two original builtups in the works that could be molded), so we'll see.

Edited by ChrisBcritter

2 hours ago, ChrisBcritter said:

Just got back from the DuPage show and picked up a lot of miscellaneous stuff cheap:

• '60 Galaxie and '65 Comet kits minus bodies for $3 each from a slot car builder
  • Three Trumpeter '60 Pontiac chrome trees for a dollar
  • A junker '55 Dodge promo for $3 (had two good Royal Lancer wheelcovers for casting, plus I want to make molds of the side trim and the rear fenders/taillights to put on the '50 Ford convertible)
  • '57 T-bird hood for $2
  • Bag of custom parts including a Styline rear end for the AMT '57 Chevy, a near-complete NOS trailer from the '63 Nova wagon, and a Revell custom interior pack for $10
  • Tamiya paint (mint pearl and medium green) for the '61 Comet project

Sold off the '56 and '63 Olds and '61 Dodge I got recently.

That's a lot more than I got at Du Page today as I only got three MAD pre-wired distributors. I had four JoHan kits for sale also, but no takers today.

DMYeah, I spent more there today than I have in years!

Picked up a couple Scenes Unlimited Mopar DogDish and Steelie sets, couple Pegasus Sovergns and Chrome Reverse sets, a set of Schueys, oh, and JoHan Rambler Wagon and Turbine Car promos.

IMG_20180225_203929_356.jpg

IMG_20180225_203929_357.jpg

Can't get the pic of the Rambler Wagon over Chrome Reverse wheels to post though.....

Edited by Joe Handley

2 hours ago, slusher said:

Nice kits Dann, I have the old Airwolf still in the box...

Hi, Slusher!, so do I.....This Airwolf kit is amazing!!....besides a heck of a lot more detail, it has the right shaped nose, nose scoop, and end-caps to the wings. It also comes with a TOTALLY detailed rear computer room area, with tons of decals!!....two VERY detailed pilots, AND, a completely extra body molded in clear plastic!!!!.....oh, and I forgot to mention the fully articulating display base!!!

10 hours ago, ChrisBcritter said:

Yes, like the rest of the Modified Stockers, AMT wiped this one of all the trim and emblems (even the molded ridge on the center of the hood is gone <_<). This would be a good candidate for a resin repop as there's no way Round2 will change this one back, and I don't think anyone else ever recast it. I did speak to one local caster at the DuPage show who might be interested (I have two original builtups in the works that could be molded), so we'll see.

Yeah id love to restore the ones I have...I have no clue if anything from them could be used to try to..?...might be worth a shot to try..?  If I ever can they will be as ones the family had owned once.

1 hour ago, BIGTRUCK said:

I was at Dupage also,got a few items but the MPC Californian was something I have been looking for . Its unbuilt except the lights on the side of roof were installed, and it went for a good deal.

image.png.2bdda01ec7213ce6f50f592fe631b8b6.png

Is that a 1/25 scale Lincoln Continental resin kit on top there? If so, from which caster?

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...