Model Cars Magazine Forum

What did you get today? (Model Car Related Items)

7 hours ago, highway said:

These are mostly wins from a live auction group I'm in on Facebook, but since the gentleman that runs the group lives about an hour from me, I went to pick my wins up and more. The brown box is a Borax 20 Mule Team from around the 60s still sealed inside, and to the left of the General Lee and Daisy's Jeep is the complete first season of the "Dukes of Hazzard" on DVD that he sold along with the General Lee kit. 

20180323_222233.jpg

Sweet. Few of those I'd like to have myself. Nice score.

7 hours ago, highway said:

These are mostly wins from a live auction group I'm in on Facebook, but since the gentleman that runs the group lives about an hour from me, I went to pick my wins up and more. The brown box is a Borax 20 Mule Team from around the 60s still sealed inside, and to the left of the General Lee and Daisy's Jeep is the complete first season of the "Dukes of Hazzard" on DVD that he sold along with the General Lee kit. 

20180323_222233.jpg

Man...nice score..!   That large scale Pete looks very cool...I think one of those would be sweet to have and build with all the added detailing one could put into one.

On 3/23/2018 at 3:00 PM, High octane said:

I picked up these kits today and haven't yet decided whether I'm going to keep them, or get rid of them as I am still "thinnin' the herd."

image.png.50e75829e2aee32de829f325e57841d0.png

Nick, if your interested in getting rid of the Pisano funny car let me know!

18 hours ago, disabled modeler said:

Man...nice score..!   That large scale Pete looks very cool...I think one of those would be sweet to have and build with all the added detailing one could put into one.

Thanks Mark. I'm not sure how much extra detailing it will get, but the Pete was the only one in the collection I didn't have. All but the Aerodyne are original releases. 

20180324_173105.jpg

Attended the Phoenix model swap today.  First time I ever tried selling stuff, made a whole dollar.  Couldn't just sit with the guys at their table (shared).

Got an Italeri 250GT California (just because they are scarce), Revell/Monogram Aerovette (just because it's cool, and unusual), Tamiya Tyrrell P34 1:20 (possible Panther 6 conversion if I'm really crazy).

3 hours ago, Dann Tier said:

Nice Grand Sport!!!!

Thank you. It's something that isn't in my normal wheelhouse though I do like Vettes, and for a price cheaper than a new kit in a hobby shop, I couldn't pass it up! 

2 hours ago, highway said:

Thank you. It's something that isn't in my normal wheelhouse though I do like Vettes, and for a price cheaper than a new kit in a hobby shop, I couldn't pass it up! 

Those kits can fetch a pretty good price......the tyres usually suck (warpage....bad), but outstanding kits!!

Another cobra, sort of. Not for the collection. :D  A pink young kids ride on in pink. Now I just need for my daughter to have a baby girl. I got a killer deal on it and even tho I will have to store it for a long time I just could not pass it up.

cobra ride on 001.JPG

cobra ride on 002.JPG

6 hours ago, cobraman said:

Another cobra, sort of. Not for the collection. :D  A pink young kids ride on in pink. Now I just need for my daughter to have a baby girl. I got a killer deal on it and even tho I will have to store it for a long time I just could not pass it up.

cobra ride on 001.JPG

cobra ride on 002.JPG

i can totally see you riding this around the yard this Easter

^^^^  Scott has good taste!  And I'm sure he will find something else to get, like Renaissance Tk24/189 detail parts.  :rolleyes:

This has been a subject on the back burner for a long time, doing a replica of the '57 Chevy station wagon I owned.  I have 3 different '57 kits, was daunted about converting a Nomad into the lowly family truckster.  Rick Hainline posted  From the Class of '57 which includes what I wanted, asked where he got his, and of course evilBay.  Love this forum!

57 eBay stationwagon .jpg

Kurt's '57 Chevy.jpg

Edited by 89AKurt

This came in the mail yesterday. 1978 Mustang King Cobra. Had to buy this as I had purchased a new one back in 1978. I happened to be at a Ford dealer looking for my next ride and one of these were on the transport truck rolling up as I was there. I was making the deal as they were unloading it. Went back the next day an picked it up. Not really a fast car as it really was just an appearance package. 302 with an auto trans. Still it was a pretty cool car at the time IMO.

king cobra 001.JPG

9 hours ago, 89AKurt said:

^^^^  Scott has good taste!  And I'm sure he will find something else to get, like Renaissance Tk24/189 detail parts.  :rolleyes:

Love this forum!

Oh you evil evil man...of course I googled those AWESOME!!!:wub:

Now buying PE and detail sets are NOT buying kits, ya?! Same as tools. Tools do not count as new kits.

Wife just gave me S for the credit card charges so far this year...the old excuse "I could spend it on booze, chicks and drugs" only works so many times;)

PS thanks for that info, bookmarked the link

Edited by Twokidsnosleep

4 hours ago, cobraman said:

This came in the mail yesterday. 1978 Mustang King Cobra. Had to buy this as I had purchased a new one back in 1978. I happened to be at a Ford dealer looking for my next ride and one of these were on the transport truck rolling up as I was there. I was making the deal as they were unloading it. Went back the next day an picked it up. Not really a fast car as it really was just an appearance package. 302 with an auto trans. Still it was a pretty cool car at the time IMO.

king cobra 001.JPG

We had same year one of theses back in the day...just a V6, not the Cobra package.

It was dubbed "The Rocket" by my family and a perfect description...went like hell in a straight line but couldn't turn and had no brakes. Maybe we needed a parachute B)

On ‎3‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 11:45 AM, highway said:

Reminder for newer modelers/members:  in a dusty old shop or corner of the internet, you might find the Accurate Miniatures Corvette Grand Sport in a Revell box (shown below).  In 2012 Revell bought the remaining stock of Accurate Miniatures Grand Sport kits, and released them in their own box.  The only change from the AM kit was new decals that Revell also created.  The Revell kit still has the nice photo-etch sheet and all the other AM parts. The inner plastic bag even still says "Accurate Miniatures." 

I think the original retail price for the Revell kit was around $20, a real bargain. 

corv_gs.jpg

Actually yesterday but finished installing it today. A new motor for my mini lathe. The old one had started smoking . It was something like 40 years old and had powered my bench grinder for years. I had hooked it up to the lathe as it had the exact specs required. If this one lasts as long, it should be my last. :D

IMG_7083.jpg

7 hours ago, Mike999 said:

Reminder for newer modelers/members:  in a dusty old shop or corner of the internet, you might find the Accurate Miniatures Corvette Grand Sport in a Revell box (shown below).  In 2012 Revell bought the remaining stock of Accurate Miniatures Grand Sport kits, and released them in their own box.  The only change from the AM kit was new decals that Revell also created.  The Revell kit still has the nice photo-etch sheet and all the other AM parts. The inner plastic bag even still says "Accurate Miniatures." 

I think the original retail price for the Revell kit was around $20, a real bargain. 

corv_gs.jpg

OK, so your point is?? Or did you miss the part where I said "for a price cheaper than a new kit in a hobby shop"??

• ranma changed the title to Bought two totes with model's in them at the US 127 Garage sales:: here's what was inside of them...